a.k.a., what happened to the Batch Item Editor?
We're always looking for ways to make your lives easier; selling your items is hard enough without having to hassle with finicky web sites. A while back, we started the Bonanza Fashion Exchange as a way to give us more excuses to play with our site. One of the things that we noticed right off the bat is that our old "Batch Item Editor" could use some love.
What did we change?
We had two goals: make the existing features more delightful to use and give new users easier access to them. Here are some highlights:
- Better location. We moved it to its own tab in the edit booth screens, which should let new users find it. We also think it makes sense to put all of our "booth editing" functionality together.
- Wider, more spacious layout. We wanted to give everything more breathing room. With a table full of item data, it's nice to go as wide as you can; it lets you add more columns, which leads us to...
- Customizable columns. Want to change your shipping costs for the items that have the most views? Shipping price and item tags together? Now you have more ways to analyze your inventory, just by adjusting the columns.
- Clearer filters and item selection. Before you apply your changes, you'll get real-time feedback on which items will be affected. Nobody wants to make mistakes with their inventory and this should help give you confidence before anything happens.
That's great, but I used to be able to...
We changed some names and moved some things around, but everything should still be there. If you're looking for:
- Batch edit items. We renamed it to "update items as a group." You can still get to it from the dropdown under "Sell on Bonanza on the top left.
- Filter my items. The filters moved to a blue link on the left called "add filter." Clicking that link should drop down all of the controls you're used to that lets you find only items on reserve, etc.
- Advanced stats. It's now called "item analytics." Also, you can get visitor stats on any of the pages by clicking "change columns."
- Apply to all items. If you want to update every item in your booth (or every item matching a filter), you can click on the checkbox in the table header to select all items on the page. Once you do that, another button will show up next to the "Apply changes" button that lets you apply changes to all items.
We hope you like these changes -- but more importantly, we hope these changes will help you get your jobs done more quickly so you can get out and enjoy the delighful summer weather. Or find air-conditioning, depending on how hot it is where you are!