x

Just letting you know...

With the launch of our new Community section, we're going to be downsizing our forums.
General will be removed in the next few weeks.

For more information on the changes to our Community pages, please see: New and Improved Community Section Now Live.

Where are they now?

Subscribe to Where are they now? 117 posts 54 voices

Page
1 2 3 4 >
Posted by nutz4bookznstuff, IL. 5,823 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Almost 4 years I have been on Bonanza.. when I became a member the site was known as Bonanzle..(I have a tank top that says it’s so.)

Many have been here and many still are..the old school and the new. There are some that I wonder where they have gone.

What brought this to mind is I saw the word “vintage” and realized that I have not seen “vintage maven” post in quite some time…upon viewing her profile, she has not checked in since September 19th of last year…oh where oh where can she be? And where are others?

Does anyone know?

Anyone you have been missing….I could name more, but she just popped into my mind when I saw the word “vintage.”

Posted by RummageRampage, Phoenix (north Phoenix), AZ. 1,835 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I’ve also been here since it was Bonanzle.

I am terrible with names, so I tend to not notice who is missing until someone mentions them. I’m more likely to recognize someone by their avatar but not recall their exact name… But I am curious to see who gets mentioned now that you’ve started this thread. And who I recall…

Rummage Rampage

Posted by DesertDaisies, Phoenix, AZ. 375 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Time sure does fly! I’ve been here since September 08. I still have a hard time typing Bonanza instead of Bonanzle! I’m bad at names but there was someone with a cute little Cat avatar – the cat had a green helmet or maybe it was fruit on its head that posted a lot?

DesertDaisies' booth

Posted by RummageRampage, Phoenix (north Phoenix), AZ. 1,835 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Oh, yes! See, that’s exactly how it is for me… I remember the cat with the green “fruit helmet” but not the name!

Rummage Rampage

Posted by Mystic-Sales, UT. 2,750 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

The person was named Pieper.

http://www.bonanza.com/users/11193/profile

Posted by PetsMisc, . 535 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

For peeps wondering, they look like this (borrowed it from Collect)

PetsMisc's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 6,601 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Pieper is still here listing, although recently, she’s been preoccupied by something else – it happens to all of us from time to time. Life has a habit of getting in the way at times.

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by canacreations, Calgary, Canada. 2,494 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Well some of them are still around just not active in the forums. My shortcut label on the lap top still says Bonanzle. and the other day I came upon 4 old Bonanzle T-shirts and even some listings for the old Bonanzle mugs.

I miss lots of them Granny, Perma and others. When I look at my early customers most are gone into the mist.

Posted by MedievalMisc, Tacoma, WA. 663 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

One of the old school from WA
thatmach1guy

MedievalMisc's booth

Perma… Yeah, where is Perma? And what was her whole name? Like Permacrisis or something????

Rummage Rampage

Posted by TronicMisc, Fontana, CA. 631 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

She is still here

TronicsMisc's booth

Posted by momspennies, Salisbury, NC . 26,820 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Permacrisis is of the male persuasion. He pops in every now and then.

Yes, there are many who have moved on. This is not uncommon. For those who have been selling online for awhile, think of how many other venues you’ve sold at and even the extent of which you sold over the years. Some do it as a hobby…Some have had to quit because of life’s situations that prevent them from making selling a priority…Some have found jobs and no longer need to sell. Some now sell on other venues.

Life goes on… For all of us.

I have been fortunate to meet one of those I’ve missed from when he sold here…that was James of HereUntilSold. What a great guy. He has a huge warehouse that he sells out of and no longer has time for much of the online stuff. And I can understand why. I could browse his warehouse for hours. And lucky for me, he is only 20 minutes away from where I live.

Moms Pennies From Heaven

Posted by collectibles4u, N Carolina. 4,621 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

good morning.. Looks like we going back to the good old days here. I been here going on 4 years now and there are many I have not seen any posts from. But that is life nothing ever stays the same.

Whoops I called Perm a “she”… I knew better. I really did! I just forgot, like I forget everything… :-/

Rummage Rampage

Posted by A2z4u2c, Central Florida, FL. 4,594 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

We had to say goodbye to Polzar and Bizzy.

a2z4u2c

Posted by CindyBear, MHC, N Carolina. 8,028 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

We had to say goodbye to OakIsland also

CindyBear's Den

Posted by CollectibleCorner, Anaheim, CA. 3,896 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Every time someone resurrects an old thread I see so many that are no longer here.

Speaking of Polzar, they forgot to take his booth down when he passed, unless someone in his family is running it now. I came across it a few weeks ago when I was browsing around. All those wonderful photos of his are still listed.

Posted by TrinketBox, Morehead City, NC. 659 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Your right CC…and no one has logged on since last fall…I also don’t believe that anyone is taking care of it..not really sure Polzar had anyone close

Posted by CollectibleCorner, Anaheim, CA. 3,896 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

wonder if we should alert the boyz, so they can close it down. Although I admit I’ve gone there a few times in the last few weeks just to browse, his photos are awesome.

Posted by CindyBear, MHC, N Carolina. 8,028 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

thinking the same thing..love the photos…and am surprised that it is still there..I think at least one of the guys posted on the thread I started when he passed…you wanna do it or should I

here is the thread

http://www.bonanza.com/topics/180557?forum_id=11&page=1

Edit: I reported the thread..I have never done that before..I thought it would allow you to give a comment..but it didn’t

(aka Trinket)

CindyBear's Den

Posted by jsgeare, Whitehall VA 22987, VA. 8,255 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

When I got started here over 3 years ago, the number of users was around, say, 45,000? And now it is 533,673 according to the “Show Users” page. About 10% of those have a booth. Back in those days, there would be a count down to each increment of another 10 thousand, and a celebration when reached. That got old, so the count down next referred to increments of 50 or 100 thousand. And now, no one seems to keep track anymore, but I’ll bet our first million will get some attention.

And over that 3 and some years, the nature of the forums has changed. For some months, the “dungeon” was a pretty wild and wooly place, and even the regular forums would occasionally host some very passionate, and sometimes very rude interactions. But for the past many months, and to this day, everything is much more civilized – a good thing.

Looks to me like Bonz is here to stay. And it all started with a guy who wanted to sell some stuff…

Posted by GenericUser, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. 6,300 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Wow! I found him in a search a week or so ago. It is sad to see a pic of someone and know they are gone. I feel a grateful appreciation of the life of a person I never knew. Every one of us leaves an imprint on this world. YOU are SPECIAL! Every one of you! You will be missed by people you may not even know. So let’s all celebrate each other TODAY! We may not have tomorrow!
I have a deeper appreciation for every one of you. Thanks for remembering Polzar.
Luv you all!

Posted by SparrowsJewels, nevada city, CA. 6,832 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Beautifully said, princess ! I do miss some of the old timers.

SparrowsJewels

Posted by AntiquesRGreat, Arlington Heights, Illinois. 15,934 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

One of the old timers I miss is Bizzy she was a riot always laughing about something. We talked via Google Talk a few times always ended up in tears. She had a way of making you laugh so hard you forget your troubles.

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/bizzysplace

AntiquesRGreat

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 12,619 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

We also said goodbye to Charlene aka QueenMum (who started here as antiquelittlegirls)…she passed very suddenly, away…

I do miss a whole lot of people…as there are many who simply do not post anymore, or are no longer here for one reason or another…
I miss the impromptu parties or post that suddenly got filled with hysterical laughters like: the toilet paper post!
I am okay about change, after all many changes can be embraced as a good thing, for sure…

I am Very Grateful that if only for a few tick tocks of the clock, in moments of smiles, sharing, caring, laughter, helpfulness, etc., ~ a bond of Friendship was and is still being formed over these ’’airways’’ known, here as Bonanza, once Bonanzle, when I 1st joined…
I won’t go into details, but I once sewed up a quilt with TONS of Bonanzle members names on it, and I wrote each one by hand, and when I was doing so I would focus on the Loving Kindness and The Sweeter Sides of Friendship all these members had for one another, as well as the toward and for the darling recipient of that quilt…I tell you I cried a lot creating that quilt, but those were tears of Total Joyfulness, yes they were!
What an Honor and Privilege it Always is to be Touched by so Many Lives of Peeps we’ll never meet in all probability in Real Life…Oh What Sweet, Endearing Memories I will Always Hold, within My Heart…
Thus All I have Left to Say is ‘’Thank You, Each and All!’’

Dee

Divine Fabrics n More ~> Get Graphics!

Posted by purpleiris, Houston, TX. 13,332 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Wow! When did Bizzy pass away? I know there are several peeps I haven’t seen around in a long while for whatever reason. I am horrible with names, but give me a “face” (avatar) and I’ll remember. LOL I also miss the fun we used to have in the forums. Of course, as JS mentioned, there are things I don’t miss about the forums of the past. LOL

Posted by georgep656, Burlington Jct., MO. 1,824 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I too remember those early times, with great friends no longer here.

Porter Sale's booth

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 12,619 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

@Gladys isn’t Bizzy still selling, here?
I mean, Oh My Gosh, DearieN ~ PurpleIris, I don’t think Bizzy passed away, Did She Gladys aka AntiquesRGreat? Egad I never heard about that, if so! I think she’s just not too active in the Forums, right?

…Oh the Memories…if we could put ‘em in jars and sell ’em we’d have to list them as
‘’Simply Priceless!’’

Divine Fabrics n More ~> Get Graphics!

Posted by RM1Gordon, Largo , FL. 1,150 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I check out my old favorites, many names no longer active, one has; Bonanzling since 10/19/08 Last seen 01/27/09
sad to see many that are like that.

RM1 Gordon's Outlet

Posted by purpleiris, Houston, TX. 13,332 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

@Dee…Read the last paragraph on Bizzy’s profile. Her family is still running her business for her.

http://www.bonanza.com/users/2769/profile

Page
1 2 3 4 >