x

Just letting you know...

With the launch of our new Community section, we're going to be downsizing our forums.
General will be removed in the next few weeks.

For more information on the changes to our Community pages, please see: New and Improved Community Section Now Live.

Buyers that come to Bonanza

Subscribe to Buyers that come to Bonanza 31 posts 20 voices

Page
1 2 >
Posted by BARNTIQUES859, WentworthNH (I-93 n. of Plymouth), NH 03282. 5,597 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I have been asked repeatedly by new incoming buyers where the buyers/category page is. When they come in all they see are collections and clothes. They need a Buying bar at the top that leads the buyer to a drop down of all the categories. No wonder why they become frustrated.

Posted by collectibles4u, N Carolina. 4,621 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Paula.. I had the same questions from people I recommended Bonanza to. And the tabs the have above the cloths “him” “her” that is just none since. New people don’t know what that is all about.

Posted by jsgeare, Whitehall VA 22987, VA. 8,255 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Categories are at the bottom of the page – often out of view. Perhaps an “All Categories” link should be near the top, in plain view.

Posted by RummageRampage, Phoenix (north Phoenix), AZ. 1,835 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I so rarely look at the home page, I couldn’t even remember what it looked like. So I went to it after reading this, and yeah, I think that’s a problem. If I were a new buyer and came to the home page, I’d have no idea where the categories were or how to browse around.

Rummage Rampage

Posted by collectibles4u, N Carolina. 4,621 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Now how would a new buyer go to the bottom of the page to look for categories there should be a tap on the top when the first come in to Bonanza a good size one so it is noticeable.
The need to make it user friendlier as it sure isn’t the way it is.

Posted by Carmstr, Cheyenne, WY. 98 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

There definitely needs to be a categories bar or something similar. Those coming looking to buy would be put off by our fashion-laden home page if they’re looking for, well, anything else. I’d be excited to see a revamped home page that at least features more than fashion to help lure in off-site buyers.

Posted by decoratewithlace, Iroquois, South Dakota. 779 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I had a customer purchase from me the end of last month, first time outside buyer, and she made the statement to me by e-mail, " Bonanza is not user friendly. I had problems with finding things and the checkout was hard to figure out". She said that she would probably would not be coming back to Bonanza as she was disappointed in the site.

Perhaps Bonanza needs to focus on catagories that are easy to access on the frontpage and making this site more user friendly instead of some of the changes that only benefits very few like “background burns” and some of the other new features they are trying to implement, which at times are messing up our booths. We need buyers to this site, therefore when they get here, we need to keep them here. Who wants frustrated buyers?

decoratewithlace's booth

Posted by ellie2010, Brooklyn, CT. 3,996 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I also have had a few buyers who stated that the site is not user friendly. Hard to move around on and that search does not work.

Cookbooks and Crafts Galore

Posted by JohnGermaine, Topanga, CA. 6,432 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I get the same from friends, site is not user friendly, checkout is complicated to them.

I had a bmail from someone who thinks she bought something from me, left me a message with a question I answered and I also told her that I have no notice of a sale of the item. I assume she didn’t finish the check out yet she thinks she did. That last step is what gets them. I wonder how many sales we are all losing because of that last click. It’s not required anywhere else I have ever shopped. Unfortunately she did not get my bmail back, probably landed in her spam folder, to let her know that she didn’t actually purchase it. That was 2 weeks ago and I am hoping she recalls that she thinks she bought it and emails me to ask where it is, and then I can actually sell it to her!!!

Posted by loneelk, Williamsburg, NM. 3,913 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I heard similar comments from a cyberfriend a couple of months ago. She’d come here to purchase a product from a seller I’d recommended. Had difficulty w/ checkout, and commented that Bonanza doesn’t seem to have a friendly user interface.

Lone Elk's Lodge

Posted by AutumnLeaves, Warren, MI. 3,719 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I have been here since August of 2008,as some of you have and seen many many changes. I love the site and the boyz, BUT when someone like me has a problem find what they are looking for on this site I have to agree with all of the above comments. Got no time to complain about fashion leading off, complaining about the categories being down below, when I visit a new site I really don’t want to spend 5 or 10 minutes poking around to find the categories.

I have only had 2 complaints about checkout and was able to walk them through it, however in this day and age a lot of peeps have no patience.

Instead of the boyz adding all those new whistle and things the need to change the things that is a problem then go one to the other stuff. If we can get buyers and actually are able to find the items we all make a great profit from it including the boyz. where is the coming sense?

Posted by calico1953, Center Sandwich, NH. 1,800 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I agree with all of you

Posted by bellannie, Henderson, Nevada. 46 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I too have had buyers leave the site unable to navigate the site . When I myself first found this site I thought it was a fashion based site . What is the percentage of sales on this site at are fashion? if it is high that may explain the home page ..

Annie's This and That

Posted by ilovecrystals, Belfair, WA. 2,354 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

What great idea’s you have come up with.

This site does need to have a better system in finding things. The catagories really do need to be in plain view at the top.

Has anyone made this suggestion directly to Bonanza?

Posted by caljacks, . 53 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I believe if you hover over the “Everyone” section at the top of the page you get all the categories. That is true for the sections “for him” and “for her”. And at the bottom all the categories are listed. So not sure why people can’t find the various categories.

Ya it is there but if you new to the site you don’t hover over all that unless it is accidentally.And to find sold items to do research is another trick.

Posted by JohnGermaine, Topanga, CA. 6,432 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I think that the “For Him”, “For Her” and the “Everyone” gives an unclear message. I know if I came in from outside and I saw that, I would be confused as well. I want clear categories and I don’t want to search for them. I have popped around to some of the other sites recently to see what their appearance is, some are awful and some are really good. If a potential customer can’t navigate the site easily and quickly, they are outta here immediately!

Posted by ellie2010, Brooklyn, CT. 3,996 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Easy fix remove the "for her, for him, for everyone and put Categories, right there!

Cookbooks and Crafts Galore

Posted by RedbirdRidge, LA. 1,005 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

“if you hover over the “Everyone” section at the top of the page you get all the categories.”

You don’t get Antiques, Pottery & Glass, and others. You have to click on “All Categories” on the drop down list. It took me a while to find out where “all categories” was. A casual visitor will not find it.

Redbird Ridge

Posted by Yettalass, . 1,130 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Navigation and Check out are difficult and I lost a nice sale because the buyer could not figure out how to check out. She needed an item for a wedding present and ran out of time. I couldnt figure checkout myself on my first buy here. I thought I had paid but needed to do it again. That slowed my closeout down by a day. Easy searching and easy check out. Those 2 things alone would boost sales immediately for us and for Bonz. I guess the buyers don’t contact the Bonz to tell them the problems they tell us.

Posted by AutumnLeaves, Warren, MI. 3,719 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

And therein might be the answer, buyers letting the site know if they are having problems. However I feel most would just phooey and move on. In general I love this site but have to agree about search, categories and checkout.

Posted by thebgs, Oklahoma City, OK. 412 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I have been trying to figure out for several days why I have gotten almost no sales from unregistered buyers since around June 1. At least half of my sales are attributed to people who have not already registered, so my sales are down by around 50%. It may just be a coincidence that my sales have dropped and that the buyers who are not buying are the unregistered ones. Regardless, it is strange, especially since I do not normally have a summer slump. I have upped my coupon discount to see if that will increase my sales back to a normal level.

Jennifer's Series Books

Posted by yellowsand1964, Shafter, CA. 35,342 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

i agree also kinda small more promotion can help more buyer to found Bonanza

yellowsand1964's booth

Posted by RummageRampage, Phoenix (north Phoenix), AZ. 1,835 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I took another look at the home page, and I think it’s just weird overall. It sends a lot of confusing mixed messages and doesn’t seem to tell a newcomer much of anything as far as what the site is all about and how to navigate it.

For example, it says, “everything but the ordinary”, but without context for that, I wouldn’t know what they’re talking about (especially since it looks like this is a site for clothing). Then the first thing that’s shown to you is “Hand Picked Lists”. Hand picked lists are cool and all, but as a newbie I wouldn’t even know what one was or why should want to look at one…

Categories should be first and foremost in importance, and they should jump right out at you from a home page.

Rummage Rampage

Posted by decoratewithlace, Iroquois, South Dakota. 779 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

@salmagundi, Well said. My thoughts exactly. Thank you for posting this. Now, if only the boyzs of Bonanza would listen.

decoratewithlace's booth

I don’t know why they wouldn’t want to listen. I mean, when we sell stuff, that’s how they make their money. And we sell more stuff if people can find their way around the site. Right?

Personally, the home page thing has never been a big deal to me because I’m pretty sure most of my buyers are brought in by things I do to promote myself, and they go straight to my booth or item. But a more user-friendly (and especially newbie-friendly) home page certainly couldn’t hurt me and would surely be in the best interest of the Bonz boyz.

Rummage Rampage

Posted by CCLgeneralstore, Keysville, VA. 2,599 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

They dont really want anything but clothing or that is how I feel. If you have other things fine you can stay, but they are not promote your things on front page.

Posted by CCLgeneralstore, Keysville, VA. 2,599 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

When I go to a store, booth , or flea market type place. I scan to see if anything looks inviting to me. If I scanned this site on front page, I would not come in , I would think it was all clothing. I have a horrible time buying clothes and would never buy it on line. I would leave and probly not come back in.Some more well known sites you know what they have , but not this one.

Posted by calico1953, Center Sandwich, NH. 1,800 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Exactly, CCL. I feel the same way!

Page
1 2 >