x

Just letting you know...

With the launch of our new Community section, we're going to be downsizing our forums.
About Bonanza will be removed in the next few weeks.

For more information on the changes to our Community pages, please see: New and Improved Community Section Now Live.

DISCOUNTS showing in listings - love it :)

Subscribe to DISCOUNTS showing in listings - love it  :) 43 posts 29 voices

Page
1 2 >
Posted by BookbinEtc, Canada. 13,926 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I really like the ginormous big green DISCOUNTS label in our listings!

It’s big and bold and makes it obvious to a potential buyer that there are combined shipping or item or whatever discounts available.

Bookbin Etc Country Variety

Posted by southwestamericana, Hill Country, TX. 193 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

IS THAT NOT GREAT!!!!!! I love it! Kudos to the Bonz guys and gals!

Posted by AutumnLeaves, Warren, MI. 3,719 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I rather like it myself. Puts it right there and lets buyers know. Yea

Posted by HodgePodgeLodge, Chicagoland, IL. 3,415 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Cancelling my thread that I started…didn’t notice this one.
I like the feature too!

Posted by purpleiris, Houston, TX. 13,332 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Nope, not liking it — at least not in its current state and position. It looks tacky right there and pretty much drowns out everything else on the page. I think my product for sale is more important than some oversized, misplaced announcement about discounts. Why not put it over there with the inaccurate response time and shipping ratings — and then just delete that whole section? LOL

Posted by sparklemotion, Kirkland, WA. 2,587 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I agree it looks tacky. I like the idea just not the execution.

Sparkle Motion

Posted by CollectMisc, Tacoma, WA. 1,214 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

There is “Coupon Available” What is the purpose of the Big Green Worm? Discounts on shipping, combined orders, amount spent?
When hovering on mine it shows only percent off for total spent, this was always in the panels for non-members

CollectMisc's booth

Posted by TronicMisc, Fontana, CA. 631 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

@bookbin, did you realize your discount percent plus your CIJ coupon makes your footed dish an excellent bargain? I had a buyer who read coupon, then price showed as full at checkout. Yours will show at another 10% off after coupon, or is it 10% before coupon?

TronicsMisc's booth

Posted by TimeSpanTreasures, -------, New England. 2,417 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

It’s the same size as, or even slightly larger, than the selling price.

It wouldn’t look so tacky if it were smaller.

Posted by PetsMisc, . 535 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

As I just wrote in another thread, most buyers are becoming immune to all the BIG splashes, % OFF, SALE, DISCOUNTED, TODAY ONLY, MARKDOWN, CLEARANCE,
All they achieve is to force the seller to list at an outrageous price just so they can offer all of the above.

PetsMisc's booth

Posted by sofyblu2, Fraser,MI, The best of the best!. 14,089 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

would somebody post a link to a listing that shows this please

sofyblu2

Posted by PetsMisc, . 535 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Open your own listing

PetsMisc's booth

Posted by reksplace, Quachita Mtn's, Arkansas. 1,014 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

@Thanks Pet but I don’t have anything discounted

Your Discounts is your combined shipping.

Rek's place

Posted by sofyblu2, Fraser,MI, The best of the best!. 14,089 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

oops I found what you guys are talking about..Thanks Book & Reks

sofyblu2

Posted by TimeSpanTreasures, -------, New England. 2,417 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Warning:
I just removed my combined shipping to remove the big DISCOUNTS from my listings, and when I did that, my Christmas in July coupon disappeared.

Posted by AbbysAttic, NJ. 8,834 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Like the concept, but “DISCOUNT” is just too big, and as others have said, tacky. It also looks a bit cramped sandwiched in with coupons and OBO.

Abby's Attic

Posted by CollectMisc, Tacoma, WA. 1,214 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

@reks, your discount is combined shipping, other sellers are mostly showing % off money spent, even if they do combined shipping also.

The point is, its mandatory and we will live with it.

CollectMisc's booth

Posted by iluvmypet, Browns Summit, NC, USA. 477 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Oh my… my first thought was “stupid” when I saw this HUGE discount text shouting from an item page……….. what is the point of this? In Quick View if you click on the DISCOUNT text, the page just jumps around in FF. If you go to a full page, then the text in tiny little letters shows “10% discount on orders over blah, blah, blah….” when you place your mouse on it. In tiny little text….

I’m not getting it – The discount clearly shows on the right side in bold orange lettering, why the need to drown out the PRICE of the item, which is important…..? Maybe just Discounts May Apply in a smaller font????

I’m just shaking my head………………….

Your Pet Needs More Stuff!

Posted by OutdoorMisc, Tacoma, WA. 343 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

You are so right, there already is this Orange notice right there, are we looking a little desperate now? I will take off all OBOs since it reads so huge OBO DISCOUNTS, like its a bargain basement.
I list quality not “bottom feed”

OutdoorMisc's booth

Posted by sandstormatrix, Frisco, TX. 1,201 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I think its in a good location just needs the font size smaller, just my 2cents

Green Devil Designs

Posted by MiscClocks, . 570 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Very redundant. I have been forced to remove my % off on total spent since it was already highlighted on the right of the listing and that was what was revealed by hovering on the BIG D also, it made it seem I was only interested in large orders..

Clock Lovers

Posted by inspired, Pensacola, FL. 1,918 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Going to check this out now- haven’t noticed it. Thanks for pointing this out!

Inspired's booth

Posted by carinso, . 64 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Make the " Discount " SMALLER, and not in all CAPS PLEASE !
It looks tacky and cheap

carinso

Posted by southwestamericana, Hill Country, TX. 193 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

My first reaction when I saw it was that I love it and I still do. Granted, it’s large….maybe a little more Wal-Mart than Macy’s, but perhaps something less attention getting would never be noticed. I understand how some of you feel, but for me, I think it will be a huge boost for combined sales, and many of my listings like kitchen linens will benefit from that. From day one in setting up my booth I struggled over what to do concerning combined shipping. I realized that it would be much easier to do a percentage rate for additional items, but also realized that as I add certain items in the future, I would be pushing the envelope re possibly taking a major hit on freight. I decided the best way to go was to set my booth up as I have it now with only “Buy It Now” and no percentage discount on shipping, and when I run into a combined shipment do a refund to the customer and a screen shot/email to Bonanza support to straightened out the fees. Time consuming…lots of work, but probably best for me at this point. NOW, HERE’S WHY I LOVE THE DISCOUNT TAB…it didn’t take me long to figure out few if any people go to the shipping policy page and actually read it. I use my booth panels to highlight some of my offerings and so no freight policy shows there….I put a blurb about combined shipping at the bottom of my listings….STILL, it appears no one reads that either. So, having the DISCOUNTS by the item price should make a huge difference for me. On my new items, I have to adhere to the different wholesalers pricing polices so I can’t really offer a percentage on so much sold as many of you do. They DO check my booth. I can however, offer a shipping discount on certain items, and I often absorb part of the freight providing I have any margin to do so. That said, as many of you feel so strongly against the new DISCOUNTS tab, perhaps it would be better to have it as an option. I would choose to have it displayed….others would not.

Posted by anchorhaven, AnchorHaven, United Kingdom. 696 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I saw it and put a discount back in my booth to get that nice big link. love it!

AnchorHaven Reiki Crystal & Angel Healing

Posted by JohnGermaine, Topanga, CA. 6,432 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Tacky, screams K-Mart to me, just an opinion here is all which is what this thread is all about.

G's New-N-Used

Posted by shots&more, Salinas, CA. 479 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

for the most part I don’t usually “complain” about the looks or what’s going on here only because Bill & Mark are trying out newer things to see what is good or not …

Well the big fat discounts or OBO discounts just needs to be smaller, though I think this stems from some other people complianing about not being able to see the discounts BEFORE they purchased the items… well it’s there now but maybe it can be a little smaller…

Now for them to really work on the search listings system would make me leap for joy!!! I still have problems looking for items because of the “KEY WORDS” are off!!!

Mariah

Posted by JohnGermaine, Topanga, CA. 6,432 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I guess I am just a confused person. Can someone explain why we want to be known as a discounter site? I’m not a discounter, however I am willing to have a sale with a discount from time to time. I’m not understanding the thinking here on this newest move. Anyone get it and can explain it, please? The blog didn’t tell me what I wanted to know.

G's New-N-Used

Posted by shots&more, Salinas, CA. 479 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

John I think it’s a overall term being overused of the economy…. people are realizing that they “can’t afford items at full value price” so when the word discount is used people “feel” as if they are getting a great deal…

Posted by loveofwhimsy, Colorado Springs, CO. 149 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Please make it smaller or move to a less obvious place. Looks very tacky and definitely takes away from the product.
I guess I will have to remove the %off and OBO until something changes. On some listings you can hardly see the price of the item.
Thanks for letting me get my 2 cents worth in!!

love of whimsy
Page
1 2 >