x

Just letting you know...

With the launch of our new Community section, we're going to be downsizing our forums.
Technology will be removed in the next few weeks.

For more information on the changes to our Community pages, please see: New and Improved Community Section Now Live.

Need a lil help...

Subscribe to Need a lil help... 9 posts 7 voices

Posted by For_His_Glory, Smithfield, VA. 14 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

Just want to know what exactly is background burner? Thanks for any replies! God Bless

Posted by pacificarising, . 1,626 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

Hi For His Glory.

Background Burner is a new feature/tool that Bonanza has implemented for the sellers to ‘burn’ the background off their listing photos.

Some sellers seem to like it and use it and other sellers.. not so much.

It is a pay for feature and you can read more about it here:

http://www.bonanza.com/blog/main/Background_Burner_Available_from_Listing_Form

Oh! And welcome to Bonanza!

Posted by TheHotAttic, Near Champaign, IL. 3,564 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

Feel free to ignore the background burner if you choose to. I do.

The Hot Attic

Posted by sparklemotion, Kirkland, WA. 2,587 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

Me too.

Sparkle Motion

Posted by For_His_Glory, Smithfield, VA. 14 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

Thank you all…but I was wondering what the purpose of it was…I dont understand what it is for…I know to burn pics…but Im lost

Posted by WildWildMisc, CA. 730 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

perhaps you would like to read more about it?
http://www.bonanza.com/forums/9/topics/248857

WildWildMisc's booth

Posted by JohnGermaine, Topanga, CA. 6,432 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

It’s to make your pictures look like ones from a catalog. Many people like that look. However I sell second hand items, and want mine to look like something I have in my possession so I don’t use it. It costs money to use as well. I understand it can be beneficial to those who are novice picture takers or those who end up with a background they don’t care for. It removes the back ground from your picture, sort of. I’ve yet to see an acceptable picture remade from one of mine that I would consider. It’s great for drop shippers too.

That’s my take on it.

G's New-N-Used

Posted by RayvensRarities, In the middle of the state of, Oregon. 16,332 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

The background burner is a tool that is a “cost per use” here on bonanza. It removes background stuff from your item photos.

You can almost do the same thing yourself with what ever photo editing program your computer has, and there are also free versions of background burners on line.

Some folks like using the one here available on Bonanza for the convenience. I believe it’s something like 35 cents a photo to use it

RAYVEN'S RARITIES'

Thank you Rayven’s Rarities….That is what I needed to know…what it did..now I know it takes background stuff from the pics…got it…Thanks so much!!!