x

Just letting you know...

With the launch of our new Community section, we're going to be downsizing our forums.
Seller Discussions will be removed in the next few weeks.

For more information on the changes to our Community pages, please see: New and Improved Community Section Now Live.

Double Attributes

Subscribe to Double Attributes 9 posts 4 voices

Posted by annimae, Bixby, OK. 3,470 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I did a Google feed a couple days ago, and one item came back with double attributes! I tried to remove the ones that came from another listing (yeah…because I didn’t know NOT to duplicate another listing to save a little time); but all it did was change them around! So I did up a brand new listing of the same item! (NOT a dupe of it) and then did a Search Optimize of it in BE!! Please tell me why the same double attributes are in that new listing too! This is what I was going to do with all the others that were dupes, but not until I know that it really will fix them! I did a booth update too after I created the new listing, so that wasn’t it.

Annimae's

Posted by CindyBear, MHC, N Carolina. 8,025 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

what was the double attribute…

CindyBear's Den

Posted by momspennies, Salisbury, NC . 26,820 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Go up and remove all your traits Anni. Sometimes the listing editor picks up on your title and automatically enters traits (that become attributes) Make sure all of those are correct.

You can strip all of your attributes by copying them all in the Batch editor (search optimize), then wrap each set with double brackets and be sure each set is separated by ONE space. Then Remove. They should all come out. Then enter the attributes you want in there.

For future reference, don’t duplicate just to copy your html like your twitter and facebook buttons. Just slide your mouse over all that you want to copy, and then paste into your new listing. I do this with all my new listings. I copy my html blocks and buttons.

Moms Pennies From Heaven

Posted by momspennies, Salisbury, NC . 26,820 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Actually, now that I look at it in Search Optimize, all attributes are already spaced and wrapped with brackets. They didn’t used to be….

So just copy them and remove them.

Moms Pennies From Heaven

Posted by BookbinEtc, Canada. 13,926 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Yes, that was a wonderful improvement, when the brackets started showing in BE.

Bookbin Etc Country Variety

Moms, I tried removing them from the new listing, but it didn’t work. I’ll try removing all of them & see if that works! I even changed the title a little so that the BE wouldn’t think it was the same one….but it did anyway!

Cindybear, it’s a shirt/jacket and it has [[adult]] and [[female]] as attributes that aren’t asked for normally….especially the adult!! And please don’t ask where it came from because I usually tried to duplicate similar items so that most of the attributes would be similar. But I haven’t duplicated anything since early Spring the last time this subject came up when Google changed the rules on them.

Thanks all…..will come back & let u know the results!

Annimae's

OK….It worked as far as taking off the attributes, because it only left the pertinent ones. So when I added the few remaining traits that belonged to it, the 2 that I didn’t want went right back in! So for now, I’m just going to suppress the Google feed on it until I get more time to mess with it! I guess in the long run, if Google does what it says it’s gonna do, it won’t matter so much anyway! Thanks anyway…maybe next time I’ll remove them all and just put the payment choice in and leave it at that!

Annimae's

You may have to do a totally new listing Anni.

Take all the info from your completed listing and paste it into Notepad. Then copy it into a new listing from Notepad. This removes all the junk and html that you would otherwise be copying.

THEN, go to a completed listing, scan your mouse over your html (your buttons and such) Copy, and then paste directly at the bottom of your new listing.

This should get rid of the culprits.
Then remember to delete the bad listing so it doesn’t get used again.

I use this process all the time on my windows PC. If you have a Mac, I can’t advise if it will work the same way.

Moms Pennies From Heaven

Posted by BookbinEtc, Canada. 13,926 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Anni, those particular ones are coming back, because you can’t do anything about it.

Those are assigned by the system, based on the category your item is listed in. GPS requires that info on apparel.

They want to know if stuff is Adult or Kids; Male, Female or Unisex.

There should not be doubles of them though.

Bookbin Etc Country Variety