x

Just letting you know...

With the launch of our new Community section, we're going to be downsizing our forums.
Seller Discussions will be removed in the next few weeks.

For more information on the changes to our Community pages, please see: New and Improved Community Section Now Live.

Is there a way to stop buyer paying in currency other than USD

Subscribe to Is there a way to stop buyer paying in currency other than USD 15 posts 9 voices

Posted by camelliapearl, Singapore. 31 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

(1) Is there a way to receive payment in only USD as i have listed and not receive it in any other currency such as pounds, AUD, etc (auto-converted by Bonanza). Although I do hold other currency balance in PayPal, I do not wish to get payment in say pounds for instance.

(2) If I have originally listed my pricing in USD why is Bonanza setting up my listing in other currency on their international sites and accepting buyer’s payment in their conversion rate. I do not mind showing the exchange rate for reference to show the buyer but still preferred to be paid in the exact USD amount that I have listed. Is there a way to do so?

Camellia Pearl's Booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 18,700 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

Camellia

Go all the way down on your page and you will see Internation/ … something in blue
Mine says United States/United states dollar $

Click on that and do your changes there.

Remember to save you selection

HALT! Policequilts

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 18,700 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

I am not sure after you do this, that you will need to update your booth.
My bonanza, edit items and then click update booth.

HALT! Policequilts

Posted by TheHotAttic, Near Champaign, IL. 3,564 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

If you get paid via paypal, I believe there is a setting to only get paid in USD. If someone pays in any other currency, you can refuse to accept it and ask for payment in USD.

The Hot Attic

At the bottom of the page, mine is in USD as well. I am wondering is there a setting on Bonanza itself where I can stop buyers from paying in any other currency at the conversion rate set by Bonanza automatically.

Camellia Pearl's Booth

Posted by VintagePlus2009, Nanaimo BC, Canada. 841 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

I don’t think there is a way for stopping payment in other currencies that is done at payment processor PayPal etc. Since you accept other currencies in PayPal you have to either stop accepting in others or set it so you have to accept it first before payment is final. I am not sure how you do that you will have to check your PayPal settings.
I to have been paid in Pounds and Australian money only because I accept it to speed payment for buyer. The money is same as US but you pay fee to convert back to US.

Posted by ccmom, MHC, N Carolina. 4,883 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

You have to have it set in PP…there is setting to accept only USD currency, which means the buyer has to pay the conversion rate, not you..

It's Your Turn

Posted by BookbinEtc, Canada. 13,932 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

Yes, it is not Bonanza. They do not accept payments; they only supply the venue to list the items. It is your settings in PP that is allowing this.

Bonanza displays things in other currencies to buyers, to make it easier for them to know the price.

Bookbin Etc Country Variety

Ok. Basically, I can’t stop payment in non-USD (at Bonanza conversion rate) like what VintagePlus2009 has correctly pointed out, after I looked through all my fellow sellers’ replies and looking at PayPal settings on payment options.

Given the setting in PayPal, I can only stop accepting non-USD payment by closing all my non-USD balance account and set it to “not accept payment in currency that I do not hold” in PayPal .

This is tricky as

Firstly, I do hold non-USD balances in PayPal and have no intention of closing all of them.
Secondly, PayPal settings only offer auto-convert to USD for payment in currencies that I don’t hold in PayPal. Hence, if I have pounds PayPal balance, buyer paid in pounds I will receive them in pounds.
Thirdly, Bonanza has display the non-USD pricing on my original USD listing not merely for buyer’s quick reference but also for buyer’s actual payment (at that conversion rate in non-USD).

These three factors combined ended up in me having to accept non-USD currencies as long as I have any of these currencies balance in PayPal.

Henceforth, I will really like Bonanza to offer a option for displaying the non-USD equivalence as just merely a reference for buyer instead of for actual payment. Is there already such option available in Bonanza that I am unaware of? Anyone following what I am trying to convey?

Camellia Pearl's Booth

Posted by Ms_Prissys_Patterns, Rantoul, IL. 1,788 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

Your best bet is to put a notice in bold about the payment being for reference and you only accept payment in USD.

Ms Prissys Patterns

Posted by ellie2010, Brooklyn, CT. 3,996 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

Isn’t there a paypal setting that lets you review the purchase first and you can deny it, if you want?

Cookbooks and Crafts Galore

Posted by BookbinEtc, Canada. 13,932 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

You don’t want people sending you random amounts, for sure.

MsPrissy, that wouldn’t work for the majority. So many people don’t read the details. :(

There should be a way to allow the buyer to pay in the currency that the item is listed/invoiced at.

Bookbin Etc Country Variety

Posted by TheHotAttic, Near Champaign, IL. 3,564 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago

They have it set to one currency, which is how I prefer it. I can see why, being where you are you might want to have more than one, but the site caters to the majority. I think it may just be something you will have to make a decision on. Maybe sell on other sites to countries that you accept different currency for, or only take non USD payments from another payment service.

The Hot Attic

TheHotAttic, of course Bonanza should and has been catering to all sellers. Bonanza can do whatever they want in displaying the USD listing in non-USD on their international sites at their conversion rate. I am only asking if there is or would be a way for us to opt out of it? Meaning can I either be able to strictly accept USD payment only from buyer or have the choice of using a more acceptable conversion rate for a original USD listing as we have to pay the conversion fee if payment is made in non-USD.

Gathering from the general consenus, most sellers understood my point but there seems to be no such feature on Bonanza.

Camellia Pearl's Booth

Posted by newhorizontreasures, Painesville, Ohio. 151 total posts | Posted about 2 years ago