x

Just letting you know...

With the launch of our new Community section, we're going to be downsizing our forums.
Seller Discussions will be removed in the next few weeks.

For more information on the changes to our Community pages, please see: New and Improved Community Section Now Live.

You can ship ALL packages via Paypal, even if they didn't pay that way.

Subscribe to You can ship ALL packages via Paypal, even if they didn't pay that way. 23 posts 15 voices

Posted by AvasPlace, San Marcos, TX. 464 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

F.Y.I. — It’s easy.

1) Have someone send you 1-cent via PP with a SHIPPING ADDRESS. They’ll have to send it as a payment for “goods” to get the shipping address option. You will not be charged a fee because it’s only a penny. Doesn’t matter what address they put in as you’ll be changing it every time. This person needs to know that they’ll be receiving shipping emails every time you ship this way, which they should just ignore & delete. REMEMBER THE DATE of this transaction for future use. I have my date taped to my computer monitor cuz I kept forgetting.

2) When you want to ship a package for someone who did NOT pay with Paypal, just find that 1-cent transaction. (That’s why you need to remember the date!)

3) Enter the transaction & find the very, very small “Ship Another” link. Click on it. (See a screenprint here: http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/5/0/0/9/3/6/webimg/598928223_o.jpg)

4) Change the SHIPPING ADDRESS.

5) Select your mail class, weight, etc., just like normal.

That’s it!

After you’ve used it a few hundred times you may find that the transaction’s page takes forever to load, so that’s when you have your friend send you a new penny!

Ava's Place

Posted by AvasPlace, San Marcos, TX. 464 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

P.S. forgot to mention why this is so cool!

(1) Delivery Confirmation is only 19 cents, saving you 61 cents per package!

(2) The post office will automatically scan any paid-postage package with a barcode in as “accepted”, proving that you mailed it, & your buyers can track their own package easily at usps.com. However, if you live in a 1-horse town like I do, be sure to ask your postal clerk IF they “automatically” scan them in, or should you “remind” them. Nicely. With a biiiiiiiiiig smile.

(3) It also saves you money on some packages. I’ve noticed that SOME packages ship for less than the post office charges me otherwise. Not all, just some, and I haven’t paid enough attention to see if it’s a particular class or weight, etc., but some savings are an improvement over no savings!

(4) Once you get the hang of shipping with Paypal postage it is sooooooooooooooo much easier than handwritten labels and standing at the post office counter for ages!

(5) It looks more professional to the buyers also – nicely printed labels with barcodes.

Ava's Place

Posted by JohnGermaine, Topanga, CA. 6,432 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Um, I just go to www.paypal.com/shipnow and ship to anyone I want to at any time.

G's New-N-Used

That works for u? Freezes up all the time for me!

Ava's Place

Posted by CollectibleCorner, Anaheim, CA. 3,896 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

ummm or just select multiorder shipping in paypal, that works too.

Just tried again and still not working – times out or just plain freezes every time. Aaaaaarggh! What browsers r u guys that it works for using?

Ava's Place

Posted by WilliamsTools, . 564 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

@ Dazzling

I’m in agreement with JohnGermaine.
We can and do use Paypal at any time.
Tracking is $0.19

It works for us on either FF and IE.
William.

Posted by JohnGermaine, Topanga, CA. 6,432 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

It works in IE and it works in FF. Both at home and at my day job. We use PP for shipping at work too.

G's New-N-Used

Posted by loneelk, Williamsburg, NM. 3,913 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

Last time I used the paypal “shipnow” option it was working fine for me. I normally use IE, but recently installed Chrome, due to some problems I was having w/ opening links in IE.
It is especially convenient because when I go through Paypal I can buy parcel post labels online.

Lone Elk's Lodge

Posted by Tweety7777, Olmsted Falls, OH. 4,091 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I send packages to friends using Paypal’s multi ship. Saves on postage vs. going through USPS site. Best part, postage comes out of my Paypal balance so I don’t have to use a credit card online.

Tweety7777 Last Chance Booth

Posted by adelberta3, Olympia, WA. 4,297 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I use Paypal to ship whether they paid with it or not. Glad you found a way it works for you.

Library of Treasures

Posted by decoratewithlace, Iroquois, South Dakota. 779 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I have been using Paypal for a long, long time for orders received from Amazon and Google. Tracking is only 0.19. If I do not have enough in my Paypal account to cover the cost of the shipping, they just take it out of my bank account. So easy to do and no problems at all.

decoratewithlace's booth

Posted by juanitamart47, Blue Ridge, TX. 2,686 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

JohnGermaine, that link works great for me, have never had a problem using it and boy do I get a lot from Amazon and Google

juanitamart47's booth

Posted by bambisbetterbuye, Rising Fawn, Georgia. 222 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

@loneelk, i’m so glad IE isn’t just me having these problems. i too have switched to chrome, as, what loneelk said, IE has gone bananas lately & it isn’t working right.

Posted by fallonthalia, Readfield, Maine. 890 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

19 + 61 = 80. Delivery confirmation is not 80 cents. I’ve been paying 85 cents since Jan. That is for media mail. And I continue to do it because I don’t know how to do the Paypal thing. I tried it once a couple of years ago, and my printer would not respond. That was an old old printer with a old old computer. Now I have a Mac and a new printer, but I’ve been afraid to try it.

Kids' Books and More

Someone here told me about the www.paypal.com/shipnow or I would have never known. (I don’t recall who it was now) Saves me having to go to the PO or to drag out my credit card to pay. Although I do have an online account with USPS. It’s just so convenient, for business or for pleasure, it always works.

G's New-N-Used

Posted by loneelk, Williamsburg, NM. 3,913 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

There are still some things I prefer about IE, so I use IE as my default browser—just have Chrome on my desktop, easily available in case I can’t get to something via IE. For me, the biggest problem I’m having w/ IE is linking to forms that have links within websites that I visit.

Lone Elk's Lodge

Posted by AbbysAttic, NJ. 8,836 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

@fallonthalia – I have a mac and use both Safari and Firefox to print labels with equal success. Works whether the buyer paid via paypal, some other method, or if I’m just sending a package to my daughter.

There is so much benefit to using PP to ship. Lower cost of 1st class or priority mail. $0.19 DC on PP and MM or free on Priority and 1st Class.

Abby's Attic

Posted by hoppyeshopper, Milwaukee, WI. 1,720 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

You can also open usps.com account and use click & ship to print your labels. It’s 5% cheaper if you pay for the shipping label online than at the counter.

Bargain Seekers International

Posted by CelticEcho, Hatfield, PA. 490 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I have been using paypal.com/shipnow also. It works for me in FF and IE. It really is convenient as stated by other posters. I have an online account with USPS and often use the carrier pickup feature. It is great not having to go the the PO.

Aha!!!!! Finally got it to work with the Safari browser!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I had completely given up hope ages ago — thanks for mentioning it JohnGermaine!! The browser’s horrible, but it’s worth it just for this

Ava's Place

Posted by Tweety7777, Olmsted Falls, OH. 4,091 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I have an account with USPS but I only use it to schedule a pickup or order supplies. A friend told me about Paypal multiship and I’ve also used their shipnow link. It’s so worth it to save money as well as not having to stand in line at the P.O.

Tweety7777 Last Chance Booth

Posted by Ms_Prissys_Patterns, Rantoul, IL. 1,788 total posts | Posted almost 2 years ago

I use the Paypal “Ship Now” for all the sales I have that don’t come through Paypal. You can still schedule a pickup for Priority packages with that too. (You can include all packages in a pick up as long as ONE of them is Priority.) I had seven packages to go out the other day and 5 of them were large. Saved me much effort.

Ms Prissys Patterns