Williamsburg Pottery Handcarved Cobalt Salt and 50 similar items
More details about this item
- Grey with cobalt blue leaf design
- Measures approx. 3 3/4" tall x 3 3/4" long
- Marked on the bottom: "Williamsburg Pottery"
- Comes with paperwork that reads on one side: "Hand-Carved Cobalt Salt Glaze - Williamsburg Pottery - Lightfoot, Va 23090 - Circa 1750"
- Other side reads: "This pot is typical of Salt Glaze Ware found in the 17th century foundations unearthed at Williamsburg. After years of research we are offering these salt glaze pieces. Each form shaped by hand, the body burned to stone, the salt glaze fused on at white heat, make this ware unequalled in the field of ceramics. Lightfoot, Virginia 23090 Visitors Welcome"
- Very good condition. Handcarved so there are imperfections. Nice item to add to a collection!
Pottery and Glass
Why are we showing these items?These items are in the same category as the original item Search Results
Category "Other Asian Pottery"
We can show you more items that are exactly like the original item, or we can show you items that are similar in spirit. By default we show you a mix.