This political cartoon button circa 1912 shows a gentleman in a top hat (Republican establishment) pointing to Teddy Roosevelt (former President) dressed in Spanish American War garb, pointing to leave. Roosevelt says "HUH?. Roosevelt has in lead a Moose behind him with a sign "Bull Moose" tied to its tail. The circuliar slogan reads "Tie That Bull Outside". The artists signature appears as "Fisher". This pin has been handed down in the seller's family since it was obtained. It measures 1-1/8" diameter. The back reads "Factory No. 30, 2ND District New York". The Bull Moose Party (Progressive Party of 1912) nicknamed the Bull Moose Party originated from a quote from Theodore Roosevelt. When asked whether he was fit to be President (again!), he responded that he was fit as a "Bull Moose". Teddy Roosevelt was President of the United States until 1909. The Republican Party chose to nominate W.H. Taft to run for President. This angered Roosevelt who walked out on the conservatives and then formed his own party. The Bull Moose Party lost at the National Level in 1912. So this pin, to me, represents a political statement from the Republican Party in cartoon form against Roosevelt and the Bull Moose Party. The seller has researched this item and hasn't been able to find another. This is a rare piece denoting various topics of Teddy Roosevelt, The Bull Moose Party, the Spanish American War, and 1912 national politics. THIS IS NOT A TOY. NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12.
- Seller prefers PAYPAL as the main method of payment.
- Money Orders are accepted. Item will be shipped upon cleared Money Order.
- Seller typically ships USPS.
- Seller ships within 3 days or sooner (usually within 24 hours) of cleared payment.
- Seller offers combined shipping; either make an offer or we can refund the cost difference after payment.
- Seller does not ship International.
- Seller tries to keep shipping costs as low as possible, including postage and shipping material cost.
- If buyer prefers shipping other than USPS, please let us know!
- Seller refunds shipping overages over $1.00.
- If for any reason the buyer is not satisfied with the purchase, please contact us prior to return.
- We ask that the buyer return the item in the same condition that it was received.
- The buyer is responsible for return shipping cost. The original purchase price will be refunded upon receipt of the item.
Thank you for reviewing our booth offerings. If you have any questions, please contact us. We consider all reasonable offers!