Antique Kerosene Hanging Lamp: Old East Harwich Church,Cape Cod.Pat Jul 1863 (1)
This hanging lamp was originally inÂ the old East Harwich Church on Cape Cod.Â Two of theseÂ lamps were purchased from an antique shopÂ on Cape Cod, Mass. in the early 1970's. Patent date on extended wick adjustment wheel for the wick adjustmentÂ on the lamp burnerÂ is dated July 1863. Also, the name of Mfg. is noted as E Miller.Â Â There areÂ three parts to this lamp - (1) The Base that would have held kerosene and is threaded to secure the (2) Lamp Burner. Hinged, and opens.Â The lamp burner has a place for three small screws that secure the Globe. One screw is included, 2 are missing and can easily be replaced. Three screws are required to securely support the globe.Â There is no wick, these are readily available as well as retail fuel mixture that is readily available.Â The burner houses the (3) Globe. The globe is original and has several bubbles made in the glass blowing process. The globe measures 9-1/2" high, 2-1/16" at the base and 1-5/16" at the top.Â In picture 4, on the base of the lampÂ shows a piece of faded tape that was applied when this item was bought and a notation was noted on source of lamp, etc. The height of the lamp is 13-3/8". This item is a wonderful collector's item with a history of its own, with no dents (there is a small indentation near the top wick extension area), holes, or damage. The wick fixture appears to be brass, but has been left to the buyer whether to polish or leave as is. This is not a toy, and not for use by children.
- Seller prefers PAYPAL as the main method of payment.
- Money Orders are accepted. Item will be shipped upon cleared Money Order.
- Seller typically ships USPS.
- Seller ships within 3 days or sooner (usually within 24 hours) of cleared payment.
- Seller offers combined shipping; either make an offer or we can refund the cost difference after payment.
- Seller does not ship International.
- Seller tries to keep shipping costs as low as possible, including postage and shipping material cost.
- If buyer prefers shipping other than USPS, please let us know!
- Seller refunds shipping overages over $1.00.
- If for any reason the buyer is not satisfied with the purchase, please contact us prior to return.
- We ask that the buyer return the item in the same condition that it was received.
- The buyer is responsible for return shipping cost. The original purchase price will be refunded upon receipt of the item.
Thank you for reviewing our booth offerings. If you have any questions, please contact us. We consider all reasonable offers!