Antique Sailing Ship Pulley. Was Sand Buried. Found James River,VA. 1955.
In 1955 when I was age 13 our family visited my grandmother and grandfather in Tidewater Virginia. We went to the James River for a fish fry, swimming, and fishing. I walked along a narrow swath of beach, beneath 50 foot cliffs. I saw a piece of wood in the sand. I dug it out. It appeared to be an old pulley section from an old sailing ship, very old. The pulley is between 2 wood blocks. The one end is encrusted, probably from an iron shaft. The center of the wooden pulley appears to be metal. This piece had been submerged in water for years judging by the appearance. Dimensions: 10" long x 3-1/4" (approx.). The pulley measures approx. 4" in diameter. Seems to be petrified. This item is heavy, maybe 10 lbs. This piece is unique and part of Americana.
- Seller prefers PAYPAL as the main method of payment.
- Money Orders are accepted. Item will be shipped upon cleared Money Order.
- Seller typically ships USPS.
- Seller ships within 3 days or sooner (usually within 24 hours) of cleared payment.
- Seller offers combined shipping; either make an offer or we can refund the cost difference after payment.
- Seller does not ship International.
- Seller tries to keep shipping costs as low as possible, including postage and shipping material cost.
- If buyer prefers shipping other than USPS, please let us know!
- Seller refunds shipping overages over $1.00.
- If for any reason the buyer is not satisfied with the purchase, please contact us prior to return.
- We ask that the buyer return the item in the same condition that it was received.
- The buyer is responsible for return shipping cost. The original purchase price will be refunded upon receipt of the item.
Thank you for reviewing our booth offerings. If you have any questions, please contact us. We consider all reasonable offers!