These models depict the New York Subway system rolling stock introduced in the mid 50's and continuing in service until 1988. Detail is exact, paint work is even and opaque. The only thing missing is graffiti. The equipment in this 4 piece set has been only slightly used.
As supplied from the factory, the powered unit was a straight DC prime mover. But the owner converted it to DCC with a Digitrax DZ123 decoder. Front and rear lights are directional; there is no independent control of lights from the command unit.
The powered unit ran around our test track quietly with no issues, BUT it is not a speed demon. Its is, however, faster than the powered unit in the other nearly identical set we have listed. Not to worry, the real subway was slow. It only looked fast coming out of a tunnel. We have visually inspected all the unpowered units but have not pulled them around the layout. All the unpowered units include interior lighting.
- #6652 Powered Unit with DCC decoder (address 6652)
- #6508 with speaker and pig tail for connection to above unit
- draw bar for connecting the above 2 units
- #6868 unpowered unit
- #6827 unpowered unit
- #6803 "Redbird" (tuscan color) unpowered unit
- Set of horn and hook couplers for each unpowered car
- Original boxes and all paperwork.
If you check pricing on the Internet, you will recognize that this is an exceptional bargain.