Hand Painted Handsaw Winter Old Farm Scene in Oil Paints
• this listing is for an oil painting done this year on a vintage handsaw
• handsaws measure different lengths, depending on what I have in stock; this particular one is 22-1/2in in length and 6in wide at the widest part; PLEASE NOTE THE MISSING PIECE IN THE HANDLE! IT WAS PURCHASED THIS WAY BECAUSE IT IS UNIQUE AND IMPERFECT, therefore adding character to the painting!
• saw was first cleaned & neutralized against rust; then sealed with a matte acrylic sealer over flat black spray paint; and finally sealed again after the oil paint was completely dry
• back has been prepared the same way....just no oil painting on it; this one has a lot of pits in it from previous rust abuse; I enjoy using these because they can add "characeter" to the painting
• pictures have been digitally altered to show the details better
• saws were meant to be hung where a light can fall on them; please....DO NOT hang where direct sunlight of ANY kind can shine on them; or near a heat source
• would be the PERFECT gift for that hard-to-buy-for person in your life
• good for hubby/wife who appreciates/collects "old" things, farm implements or "unique" OOAK items
• great for birthdays, Father's Day, anniversaries and Christmas gifts
Pictures have been digitally altered to show the details better. It also shows what the saw would look like if hung on the wall with an overhead light shining on it to show it off better.....kind of like you would hang an expensive signed piece of art painted by one of the old masters (hint)! They are meant to be hung where a light can fall on them!
I have to create a special covering for mailing this saw out, so I can't determine the exact cost until I actually start wrapping it after purchase. Then, because of the weight, it'll have to be mailed out Priority Mail (I prefer NOT to send Parcel Post because I don't want it to get beat up & possibly scarred during the travel). I refund any shipping costs that are over-paid. I will purchase insurance for this and will take care of any paperwork IF there is a need! You will get a full a refund if there is a problem with loss or damage! Please send me your zip for a more accurate shipping cost. I usually combine shipping on multiple purchases in my store when possible, but not with these unless another handsaw!! I CAN ship overseas too if you want to pay the price; please contact me prior to your purchase for a more accurate shipping cost to you.