What a sweet little shirtwaist dress from the Fifties! Don't you just love the fresh mint green fabric and the perfect accent of pale yellow pearl buttons - such a spring-y look!! To die for! Whether you're looking for a Mad Men or Rockabilly look, this is your frock! To me though, it is June Cleaver personified!
Here are the details:
- Label: Nelly Don. This was a vintage designer label which was made right here in Kansas City. This company was founded by an extraordinary woman entrepreneur named Ellen Quinlan Donnely Reed in 1916. Her company was a pioneering ready-to-wear manufacturer - a fascinating story. I love to find these dresses - they are always beautifully made with lots of great details.
- Size: Small. Unmarked, but fits my size FOUR mannequin perfectly.
- Fabric: Polished cotton.
- Mint green cotton damask - woven-in pattern of flowers and leaves.
- This fabulous dress features a notched collar and fitted bodice with pleats Bodice closes with big pale yellow pearl buttons, hook and eye closure at waist, short sleeves with fold-back cuffs, and a fabulous skirt, made ultra-full with crisp double pleats. So cute!
- Lots of nice details, including little lingerie strap loops inside.
- The original belt is missing - I've replaced it with a pale yellow satin ribbon, which looks perfect and highlights the yellow buttons!
- In very pristine condition - it shows no signs of having been worn. The fabric is crisp and new looking. It presents like a new dress. So beautiful!
- From a smoke-free home.
- Bust 37
- Waist 25.5
- Hip - full
- Width at back shoulder 15"
- Back length from collar seam to waist 15.5
- Back length from waist to hem 25 1/4
- Total back length 40 3/4
- Shown on a size FOUR mannequin, unclipped. Mannequin is an industry-standard size FOUR and measures 34-25-34 1/2.
I know you will absolutely adore this dress! It is so fresh and lovely for spring, and very feminine! You'll definitely be turning heads in this one!
Payment is due within three (3) days aftersale end. If there will be a delay, kindly let me know. I try to be flexible and fair, which is made easier with good communication and manners!
I accept Paypal only, as per new requirements. If you have any special requests, please feel free to email me.
If you are an international bidder, I accept PayPal ONLY.
SHIPPING ON THIS ITEM WILL BE BY PRIORITY MAIL, unless otherwise stated in the description. I provide insurance on items valued at over $100.00, and on International sales, at my discretion.
I pride myself on speedy shipping! Your purchase will come to you beautifully wrapped in tissue paper. Receiving your clothing item should be like getting a present - an occasion! (It's fun for me, too!)
FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS:
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Your item will be sent FIRST CLASS MAIL INTERNATIONAL, arriving in approximately seven (7) to ten (10) days. In most cases, your item will come to you neatly wrapped in tissue, and inserted in a padded envelope, in order to keep weight to a minimum. (Bulky items will of course require a box, and therefore higher postage.) I will, at my discretion, provide insurance on more expensive items. If you have any special shipping requests, please let me know and I will do everything I can to accommodate you.
I will consider returns on a case-by-case basis. Please contact me with three days of the receipt of your item if you have any concerns. I will do my very best to assist you for an amicable solution. I do take care to give an accurate and complete description, so please read carefully and bid responsibly.
Refunds cheerfully given if I have made a mistake. Item must be returned in original condition within seven days.
My credo is that I will work with you to make your buying experience a positive one!
I live in Independence, Missouri - Harry Truman's home town! I live in an historic 1872 Italianate house, and am always poking around looking for cool old things. I love vintage clothing (and in fact, ALL CLOTHES. I AM A CLOTHES HORSE! sigh.) But darn those 1872 closets (or rather, LACK OF CLOSETS!! HA!) So I share some of my finds with you! You can be assured that all of my offerings have been chosen with care, wrapped with consideration, and come to you in fine condition!
Please feel free to email me. I love all things vintage, and I LOVE to dish out the details on any of my items.