This dark coloring and the nearly black streaks and stripes in the finish are original to the look and design of the set. It was popular during that time to apply a concentrated form of the stain and varnish in stripes to resemble rosewood, a highly desirable and expensive wood both then and now. This is called graining or grain-painting. We have taken great care not to sand through the original striped markings still in tact on these chairs, and to enhance and augment them so they look as accurate and authentic as possible.
A full original set of up to 6x matching pieces is available, a real rarity for this type and era!
LOVE the graceful arch of the back on these, the serpentine form of the front chair rail, the gentle scrolled top of the back.... All perfect examples of this type of chair from this period. A lovely design for its implicity, form following function. These should work well both in antique primitive settings as well as modern or contemporary homes....
DIMENSIONS: 34" high at the back, 17 1/5" wide, 18" deep, seat depth 16" & height 18".
FOR THE VERY BEST IN QUALITY PAINTED FURNITURE AND VINTAGE INTERIOR DESIGN, VISIT OUR STORE KITSCH-N-KABOODLE
FOR ALL TELEPHONE INQUIRIES DURING THE HOURS OF NOON-8PM EST, CALL 267-970-5221, or e-mail furniture@Kitsch-n-Kaboodle.com.
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Want a different color, or a wood finish?! No problem!! Custom restoration services are available to suit any taste!
ORDER THIS ITEM REFINISHED for a better finish
ORDER THIS ITEM PAINTED CHIC for the 'shabby cottage' enthusiast
ABOUT CONDITION OF USED FURNITURE: This piece displays NEW finish on all surfaces, and is being sold as-found. As with most vintage furniture of this type, it does have your typical minor blemishes that come with age and usage. The wood is generally well-cared for, excellent condition, but not perfect. Please keep in mind that this is USED furniture, it is old, and this should be expected. In most cases such blemishes are considered a good and proper part of owning vintage or antique furniture, and are NOT considered a defect. It is part of the item's patina and history. There are no major defects to the wood that would effect its structural stability. The overall wear is typical for the piece and does not detract from its useful qualities, either functional or visual. It is structurally intact/complete, sturdy and ready for use, except as specifically noted below. Needs no other repair or preparation prior to use and display.
ITEM-SPECIFIC CONDITION REMARKS: ALL CHAIRS REMANUFACTURED by professionals.
SHIPPING and DELIVERY OPTIONS:
- IF YOU LIVE WITHIN 3 HOURS DRIVE FROM PHILADELPHIA OR NORTH JERSEY AND YOUR ITEM IS LARGE:
- LOCAL DELIVERY via courier is $1.65/mile.
- Local deliveries (within 50 miles) are $65 flat-rate per van-load.
- FOR LARGE ITEMS AND MULTIPLE-ITEM PURCHASES ONLY.
- IF YOU LIVE MORE THAN 3 HOURS AWAY:
- Cheap ship via Freight Services within the 48 states,
- home delivery is included, where available.
- SHIPPING DISCOUNTS via combined packaging are available only if your second item can be safely packed into the same size box.
- Foreign & overseas orders welcomed:
- e-mail for shipping quote.
- Canada orders go freight or FedEx.
- Elsewhere is FedEx or Ocean-freight.
- CUSTOMER PICK-UP or CUSTOMER ORDERED 3RD PARTY SHIPPERS are welcome:
- FREE OF CHARGE if picked up within 30 days of purchase and paid on time
- Should be picked up from the current location of the item, noted on the listing.
- Paid items not claimed after 30 days may be charged storage.
PACKAGING AND SPECIALTY CRATING:
- is for large shipped items only, not for
courier or customer-pick-up items, not used for items smaller than a
SAF-PAK crating system is mandatory for this item due to its size.
- SAF-PAK will cover the item's purchase price plus transit charges in full in the unlikely event of damage or loss.
THANKS FOR SHOPPING