Find Help Topic
Everybody Wants to Know
All the basics
The skinny on selling
How to make an offer and more
Various topics that don't fit into the above categories
Q&A-style repository for your most advanced questions
Quick videos on using Bonanza
The Lawyers Told Us So
Everybody loves rules!
Secret agents! Everywhere!
Talk to Us
It's been so long since we last spoke
|Suggest an Item Trait|
Help build the item category catalog
|Report a Bug|
Find something wrong? Let us know!
|Request a Feature|
What's your great idea?
Topic: Selling Topics
How do I Accept Checkout via Google Checkout on Bonanza?
With just a few steps, you can set up your booth to accept payment via Google Checkout. While Google Checkout setup is more involved than setting up Paypal, many advanced sellers have found that Google Checkout offers lower fees and an arguably better user experience. For advanced sellers, it should only take a matter of minutes to get Google Checkout working with your booth. For novices, it may take closer to 30 minutes. (If you want a faster/easier option, we recommend Paypal.)
Here's how to set up Google Checkout to work with Bonanza:
Sign up for a Google Checkout seller account. Even if you already have a Google Checkout account, you still need a new account to use with Bonanza, since each Google Checkout account can only send status notifications to one place (in this case, Bonanza). You start the sign-up process by clicking this button:
Google will guide you through the process. Simply answer Google's questions to set up your account.
After you complete signup, you should find yourself at a screen similar to that below. Click on the "Settings" tab, and then click on "Integration" link on the left hand menu.
In a new window, open Bonanza, hover over "Sell on Bonanza," then click "Edit booth options." On the booth options page, click "Payments & Purchases." Make sure that "Google Checkout" is checked, along with any other payment methods you want to accept. Then click the "Save all my changes" button at the bottom to finish your edit.
- Go to "Add or edit items," then click the "Update Booth" button (or "Activate Booth" button, if you haven't yet activated your booth) near the upper right hand area of your screen.
You will now be prompted for your Google Merchant ID and Google Merchant Key. Switch back to your Google window, where the Merchant ID and Merchant Key are located on the right area of the screen (see below). Copy and paste both of these values into their appropriate fields on Bonanza.
- From Bonanza, highlight the following address: https://www.bonanza.com/offers_checkout/google_callback
- Hold the Ctrl key, then pres C to copy the highlighted address.
- Now go back to the Google Integration window, click the field labeled "API Callback URL," hold Ctrl then press V to paste the callback URL. Leave the "Callback method" as XML. Then click the "Save" button below that field to save the API Callback URL.
- Return to Bonanza and click "Update Seller Account" to commit your Google Merchant ID and Merchant Key to Bonanza.
And you're done! When buyers checkout, they'll now be given the option to checkout with Google Checkout. Google will email you when you receive an offer through them.
Still curious? Check out our Google Checkout FAQ that answers some more of the frequently asked questions about setting up Google Checkout with Bonanza.