My name is Carol Ann. I was your typical suburban wife with a wonderful husband, two babies and a nice house. I loved to shop and life in general was great and then it happened.
I was diagnosed with cancer.
I thought to myself over and over, "This is not happening to me. It can't happen to me!" Here I was 26 years old with an 18 month old and a newborn. I had so much to live for.
We started the treatments. It wasn't so bad at first. Then when I would shower my hair would come out in clumps in my hands. Eventually my hair which was once a full, thick, mane down the middle of my back was now really thin and stringy with small bald spots. I was devastated. My husband could not call me "Hairol" anymore.
Everyone told me that my hair did not "make" me the person that I am. BUT it did to me. It was part of me! I had always loved my hair and to have that stolen from me was tear jerking. I believe that anyone with long hair understands how naked you feel when it is cut off.
I AM A SURVIVOR! I beat it!
So how to deal with "no hair Carol"? I started to look for hair replacement alternatives like The Hair Club. Too expensive. Then it hit me. My ethnic friends have weaves (I wonder if I can have one too being that I am half Caucasian and half Korean).
Low and behold I could.
After I installed the weave I noticed that many women were complimenting my hair. They would touch it at the store and ask what products I used. Once I told them my hair "secret" that it was a weave they would surprisingly ask how they could buy their own. The first few times it was no big deal...but then it started happening more frequently and the light bulb went on...
I have to share this secret and HAIROL was born.
My Company- Remy Hair Extensions by HAIROL
From that point forward it was my mission to help all of the women in the world with similiar hair "issues". I focus on the providing the best quality hair for the most reasonable price. In addition, because of my own personal experience with the negative feelings associated with uncontrollable hair loss, I donate wigs to people within my community who otherwise could not afford to buy one. Many of these are cancer patients but sometimes even the elderly. Every women deserves to feel beautiful. I base the amount of wigs donated soley on a percentage of my sales. The more that I sell = The more that I am able to donate.
My company is based on the 7 Principles of Admirable Business Ethics as defined by Robert Moment
1. Be Trustful: Recognize customers want to do business with a company they can trust; when trust is at the core of a company, it's easy to recognize. Trust defined, is assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, and truth of a business.
2. Keep An Open Mind: For continuous improvement of a company, the leader of an organization must be open to new ideas. Ask for opinions and feedback from both customers and team members and your company will continue to grow.
3. Meet Obligations: Regardless of the circumstances, do everything in your power to gain the trust of past customer's and clients, particularly if something has gone awry. Reclaim any lost business by honoring all commitments and obligations.
4. Have Clear Documents: Re-evaluate all print materials including small business advertising, brochures, and other business documents making sure they are clear, precise and professional. Most important, make sure they do not misrepresent or misinterpret.
5. Become Community Involved: Remain involved in community-related issues and activities, thereby demonstrating that your business is a responsible community contributor. In other words, stay involved.
6. Maintain Accounting Control: Take a hands-on approach to accounting and record keeping, not only as a means of gaining a better feel for the progress of your company, but as a resource for any "questionable " activities. Gaining control of accounting and record keeping allows you to end any dubious activities promptly.
7. Be Respectful: Treat others with the utmost of respect. Regardless of differences, positions, titles, ages, or other types of distinctions, always treat others with professional respect and courtesy.
********************FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS********************
1. WHERE IS MY PACKAGING?
I am proud to say that my company is focusing on being GREEN. I reduce my impact on the earth by shipping the hair bare without any cardboard or tags. Doing this extra step creates less waste for my customers to throw away. In addition, this step also allows me to keep my shipping and handling costs reasonable. If you would like a pvc bag please let me know when you place your order.
2. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 3A AND 4A?
3A hair is nice hair but 4A is great hair. 4A hair has nice soft thicker ends. It has more moisture. 3A hair tends to be much drier and will not last as long. It will require more deep conditioning to keep it in good shape. 4A hair has been taken better care of by the donor before it was harvested. 4A is the best by far. There is a considerable difference between 3A and 4A hair. I only carry 4A hair.
3. WHAT DOES VIRGIN HAIR MEAN?
Refers to hair that is completely unprocessed, and intact. To qualify as virgin hair, it must meet rigorous standards including: not been permed, dyed, colored, bleached, chemically processed in any way. This also means it comes from a single donor, and all the cuticles are intact, running in the same direction. Virgin hair is likely to have strands of gray or white hair since it is in its natural color and has not been dyed. This is a natural characteristic of 100% virgin hair.
4. WHY ARE THE ENDS LIGHTER?
Virgin hair is hair that has not been altered in any way from when it was harvested from the donor. We do not dye or chemically treat the hair in any way. If the donor had naturally lighter ends then so will the weft. This is also a natural characteristic of 100% virgin hair.
5. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGE?
My shipping and handling charge includes:
ordering the hair from the factory in ASIA
paying for international shipping to CA from the factory (which takes 4-5 days) I order twice a week several hundred wefts at a time.
double checking the hair length with a tape measure
trimming the ends
brushing the hair to prevent tangles while shipping
removing any gray hair that might have been missed by the factory one strand at a time (As of 3/1/12 we no longer do this to show the authenticity of the virgin hair.
applying Infusium 23 leave in conditioner
packing the hair in poly bags
printing the packaging label
applying the label with packing tape
driving 35 miles one way to the city to deliver to the post office. I own 10 acres in the mountains.
This cost is for everything; conditioner, tape, gas, paper, poly bags, ink, shipping, the hair and my time etc. I do this process for every single one of my customers.
6. CAN I RECEIVE MY ORDER FASTER THAN 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS?
No, I am sorry. I have a strict quality control standard in order to ensure that the hair is of the best quality.
7. HOW IS YOUR HAIR LENGTH MEASURED?
Hair length is measured when pulled straight. If you are choosing a wavy or curly style please order 2"-4" longer to achieve your desired look.
8. HOW WIDE IS THE WEFT?
The weft width is determined by the hair length. The shorter the hair length the wider the weft. My factory measures approximately 92-100 grams of loose hair per piece. Longer hair weighs more so you will receive less of it. For lengths of 16" and under 3 bundles are recommended. For lengths 18"+ I recommend 4 bundles.
9. WHICH STYLE HAS A PERMANENT WAVE/CURL EVEN AFTER WASHING?
It does not matter which type of hair it is Brazilian Malaysian etc. The only style that will stay forever is the natural wave. It is this way in its natural state...naturally curly. You can do anything you want to it and the wave always comes back after a wash. All other styles (body wave, deep wave, deep curly etc) are created using a steam press and are not a natural wave/curl. They will last a long time but the wave will loosen gradually just like with a perm.
I hope this information allows you to have a better understanding for my unique business and also for my timeline and costs. Running my business in this fashion allows me to offer the largest variety of hair types, styles and lengths. This process allows me to custom order for each and every one of my customers rather than only carrying stock and turning people away because I do not have what they want. It takes a little longer for delivery but everyone is happy!
Thank you for your patience and understanding.