Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄◄Word Find Challenge ◄► Aug 21 2017 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄◄Word Find Challenge ◄► Aug 21 2017 ► ► ► 87 posts 10 voices

Page
< 1 2 3 >

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 9,902 total posts | Posted 3 months ago

I bet you do have a workout with all that mulch, Bette!

I would need intensive chiropractic attention if I even attempted to move that much mulch.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 21,861 total posts | Posted 3 months ago

New players are welcome to play. This week’s game phrase is:

ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE,
I’LL NEVER FIND A FRIEND, AMAZING AS YOU

A6, B, D3, E9, F2, G, I5, L4, M, N4, O3, R6, S4, T, U2, V2, Y, Z

Cool this morning with a breeze. I started working on the mulch pile before I have to leave to town this morning.

I can’t believe that I spent time looking at “chicken saddle aprons”. LOL Then I saw some of the pictures on chickens and thought “what fancy chicks these are”.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 28,877 total posts | Posted 3 months ago

Hello, good morning and happy

The eclipse was quite an experience here.
I remember several lunar eclipes but somehow not any solar ones since I was a kid. Amazing pretty well describes it!

Bette, really dioes sound like a sum,mer cold.
Hope it will be gone very soon.
I really don’t know how you do the physical labor you do.
I know I have a better than a decade on you but not sure even back then if I would have tackled some of the stuff you do. Bless your heart AND your knowledge and ability.

phrase this week:

Better start exercising. I’m only at about 180 words. Too much eclipsing I guess. Wasn’t at the computer much yesterday or Sunday at all.

Collectibles and So Much More

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 13,926 total posts | Posted 3 months ago

Bette You are a woman of great courage and strength, and stick-to-it-tiveness!

This week’s phrase is:

A6, B, D3, E9, F2, G, I5, L4, M, N4, O3, R6,
S4, T, U2, V2, Y, Z

Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 21,861 total posts | Posted 3 months ago

New players are welcome to play. Word lists are due Wednesday night. This week’s game phrase is:

The truck is aligned and driving decent. Yesterday I found a furnace at the end of someone’s driveway. It took a couple of tries to get it up into the truck plus I had some more scrap metal to cash in, and spent at the thrift shop. I managed to get some more of those special tops and I found a few names that should bring in a higher price.

Came back home and moved some more mulch.
The big blue spruce in back is mulched.
The maple tree in back is mulched.
And I started the front bushes to the left of the driveway.
I can’t push it too far since I have a couple of big cleanings tomorrow and Friday and I need to function.

I will go over to YouTube to listen to some music, especially from 5 people acapella: Pentatonix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F80FsZDTgn0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9XQ2MdNgKY

Then I found this acapella group : Home Free
I love the bearded guy doing Boyounce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mLyvjU7f1s

ALL THE BACKGROUND music is done by them. There is no instruments. Unbelievable.

The most beautiful A Capella choir I have ever heard was a group of cloistered nuns. A truly heavenly experience.

We never even saw them; they were behind lattice screens in the chapel.

Posted by KathysCreations, . 1,496 total posts | Posted 3 months ago

Hi all!
Sent my list in just in case I get sidetracked tomorrow.
i made my challenge, and my list consists of words that came to mind as I thought about my amazing friends here on WFC.
It really is amazing how many words we use that have a c or an h in them – just look through the thread.

Bette, I sure hope you are feeling better soon. The way you go girl, it’s not a surprise. You make me tired just reading about everything you are doing.

Kathy's Creations

Bette, the first time I saw Home Free was on a Christmas special with Kenny Rogers. Amazing! I can’t imagine what it took to get this down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4qNaAlZ1xc

Kathy's Creations

Have a blessed night everyone!

Kathy's Creations

Well, I awoke today and learned we need to go to Bob’s mother’s.
My list will be sent in minutes and is a little shy of 500 words. no brain exercise time today
Kathy, you are right about words we uise with C’s and H’s.
I ran across that, too.

So much for now. Gotta hurry.
See you tomorrow.

Happy Wednesday.

My daughter Eileen and I are off to visit the “World’s Largest Kaleidoscope” – it’s quite near our houses, and it really is the largest.

Started out as a gigantic silo which the very creative owner turned into a kaleidoscope. You sit inside it – 12 people at a time is the limit, lean back, and look up at the top , which is a gigantic kaleidoscope. I think their patriotic, fireworks program is still on – they change it seasonally, but whatever it is, it will be a delight.

Even better, in this time of incredibly high prices for every thing, it only costs $5.

Course, it’s located next to a lot of very high-end ‘shoppes’ and a resort that attracts wealthy people, so they make a lot of money, and can afford to offer this attraction inexpensively. (There’s also a sort of “general store,” with all sorts of “stuff” – including an old fashioned ice cream parlor.)

There are very expensive restaurants, and there’s a fun one, too, called the “Spotted Dog” in a building filled with fire-fighting memorabilia. Good food, too – that’s the one we’ll go to.

It’s been a few years since we last went, and it should be fun.

Should probably be home for tonight’s game ending.

See you then.

Carolyn

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 13,926 total posts | Posted 3 months ago

Thanks for the links, I thoroughly ENJOYED those songs!

Carolyn or anyone. . . a cappella actually means something like “singing in the style of singing in a chapel” – - but I found this explanation, too, which is exactly what our nun taught us about a cappella, which TRUTHFULLY, FULLY means:
“Some argue that early sacred a cappella performances would sometimes include instruments that double a human voice part. So, the correct definition of a cappella should be something like: singing without independent instrumental accompaniment.” and that actually pertains to the truest meaning of a cappella.

We did quit a few “a cappella” songs when I was in either Sophomore Chorus, or later on in Glee Club, and we did so without instruments. Loved doing so!

Here’s JT and others singing Lonesome Road – a cappella
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSNW-3GteZw

Carolyn, I agree. . .for example, In high school I had ’’the blue nuns" (or The Holy Humility of Mary nuns) and when they sang a cappella in church, and above in the choir loft, I never, ever, then and since have EVER heard voices as Lifting and as Heavenly as those angelic sounding voices as the harmonic voices of those singing nuns. To this day, if I think about such, I remember with awe, wonderment, and joy!

This week’s phrase is:

A6, B, D3, E9, F2, G, I5, L4, M, N4, O3, R6,
S4, T, U2, V2, Y, Z

Divine Fabrics n More

What a day of cleaning. Someone else’s house is bad enough, but when you come home and your house has things E V E R Y W H E R E. That’s bad.

The biggest mess was:
I hear the BOYS, “scooting” on the floor in the bathroom. I go in there and someone tipped over the cat litter and almost emptied the bag on the floor. The boys are skidding through this stuff. The worse part, it’s the scoopable litter that is finer granules to clean up.

TOMORROW NIGHT, Stats and a Winner will be selected.
I may offer the boys as prizes. :-D

And it was probably used litter, too – just to compound the problem!

TONIGHT: Stats and a Winner will be selected.

Carolyn, No potty mess.
BUT, if this would of happened during the night, I would guess that they would of used it.
(You know how it when it comes to boys and using the bathroom at night and not turning on the light ;-) )

Day off and early start to get some more mulch moved, then about midday, start working on clothing for eBay.

Finally received eBay 6% eBucks earnings. I purchased extra mower belts and some crafting items. I need to quick check on the tires for the mower and order tire tubes.

My day yesterday was lots 6 hours of travel and grocery shopping/shopping/shopping $200 worth and stop at the bank and pharmacy and a good lunch at a Greek restaurant where they serve all kinds of everything. MIL enjoyed getting out and about but let us do the walk around the grocery store while she was home napping. Glad we are able to help. Is a pain having to drive so far to get the visiting and errands run.

Bette, sounds like your furry friends made a big mess. My guys haven’t ever done anything like that. Litter that they track out of or scatter from the litter box is usually not too bad and a broom easily takes care of it sweeping couple times a week and mopping the floor weekly.

Yes, a cappella singing is something I’ve always enjoyed hearing. Links offered were great.

I have some ironing to do and then the weekly mopping of the floor previously mentioned.
Hope to remember to be here at 8 EST for stats and winner selection.
See you then.
…………..!

Is today Totally Tactless Thursday. . . again? LOLOL! Well Here Goes Then. . .

As Dr. Phil Says, “You Can’t FIX Stupid!”

WHO does this? WHO Washes their car in the rain?

ONE thing about the internet
is ALL the STUPID people doing STUPID things that go ‘round and ’round, and eventually kids try a STUPID thing and can get themselves in BIG TIME Trouble doing so-above is not really a DANGEROUS Stupid thing, washing one’s car in the rain, that is but. . .our grandson admitted to me about a DANGEROUS & STUPID thing he saw on the internet and tried, I told him, “You can’t FIX Stupid, but you can AVOID it at ALL Cost! I’m sorry, but THAT was a very Stupid Behavior for you to choose to try to do, did you LEARN your lesson?” He said he did. . .we’ll see. . .I might list here (stupidity) as a funny, but MANY of these STUPID things going around on the internet actually infuriate me because of the harm that might come to a child who’s brain isn’t developed enough and they try a stupid things and put themselves in harms way. . .all I know to do about this is warn my own grandkids and for all the other kids I just Pray. . .

Divine Fabrics n More

About 15 minutes, we will have Stats and a Winner will be selected.

Well, I didn’t work on my ebay clothing listings.

I did work on and off on moving mulch.
The front bushes and lilacs are all done. That’s about 40-50 feet. And I have the other row of bushes started.
I figured that after I get done cleaning and shopping tomorrow, that I will get the mulch pile gone. Looks like there might be 3-4 yards of mulch.

Hi Bette! I’m here.

Kathy's Creations

Hi Kathy,
glad you made it

Looks like you have been busy as usual.

Kathy's Creations

No idea how you do all you do, Bette.
AMAZING

Hi Joyce,

Kathy
It’s a project that is almost done and I like get it done as soon as possible. Then I can have the weekend free? and hopefully the weather is good and let’s me get stuff ready for eBay.

Hi Joyce!

Bette, sounds like you could use this

Kathy's Creations

Weather here is predicted to be great for the next week.
I’ll believe it when I see it.

Looks good to me, Kathy

Kathy, it’s more like whine. LOL

They are calling for a high of 75 all week here, and a low of 55. That sounds almost perfect to me.

Kathy's Creations

It has cool down in Wisconsin.

It’s funny that with that flooding and rainstorms that the ground is dry and cracking. We could stand some rain. There must of been a slight sprinkles early morning. Just enough to wet the grass.

Page
< 1 2 3 >
Spinner

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

By creating an account, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »