Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ June 11 2018 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ June 11 2018 ► ► ► 30 posts 4 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,204 total posts | Posted 5 months ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
BookRush
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Hottytoddy40zoo
Joyce72747

KathysCreations

LoveCrafting
masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

rbee

Reksplace36
sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
VintageSpecialties

wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

?? ??? ???

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,204 total posts | Posted 5 months ago

This week’s game phrase is:

• TO WHICH GOBSMACKED GUESTS WERE FERRIED IN LIMOS
    AND GREETED BY MOCK PAPARAZZI*
    A5, B2, C3, D4, E9, F, G3, H2, I5, K2, L, M3, N2, O4, P2,
    R5, S4, T3, U, W2, Y, Z2

Players List

Bette Received
Emily Received
Carolyn Received

Joyce

R5, S4, T3, U, W2, Y, Z2

This week’s game phrase is a portion of a longer sentence.
I am going to either do double letter words or words starting with the letters GOBSMACKED.

Carolyn offered:

She says pick a prize, everyone, if you simply make a minimum word list.

I work over 7 hours weeding and it’s finished. A total of 16 hours to get all that done. YEAH.
But, we will be extending part of the garden into the little bit of grass where it grows spotty and I will be moving 6 bushes to plant this section, adjusting the stone walking path and such. They need to do a lot of burning and I suggestion to burn in the area that we will be expanding into and to get rid of any other grass.

This morning, I was surprise the little girl kitty was sitting in front of the pine trees watching the house. I guess she picked up Toupee Tom’s way of getting my attention.

This morning I cut all the spent iris stocks and wild geraniums. I cut some of the rhubarb plants down and will be moving those to their new location. This will be the start of the new garden that will shape will change.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,225 total posts | Posted 5 months ago

I’ll be gobsmacked, Bette!

I think my goal is 700 words all 7 or more letters long.By the way, if you played last week, choose your pin – otherwise, I’ll just have to surprise you.

Today, I’m working on 2 completely different projects. One is addressing “go vote in the primary” postcards for my favorite state candidate, and also, taking pictures and writing descriptions of about 50 different teeny tiny little vintage nailhead beads.

Nailhead (sometimes called nail head) beads are those wee little beads, most usually in black glass, that were popularized by Queen Victoria, who went into permanent mourning when her husband, Prince Albert died. She herself died 40 years later.

The civilized world picked up the fashion of wearing black clothing – especially women. They embellished their clothing with the tiny little jet black glass beads made in Bohemia and exported to designers throughout the civilized world.

Incredibly time-consuming to make – and even more incredibly time-consuming to hand sew on garments.

As time went on, bead makers began making them in other colors, too, and so the fad for beaded embellishments grew by leaps and bounds.

They aren’t really shaped like nail heads at all. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes – sometimes very intricate.

There is one problem with using them on clothing – you really can’t launder them in a washing machine, or dry them in a dryer. They’re glass, and they chip and break. Course, back in the day when most people rarely took baths more often than once a month – or even longer, they weren’t quite so particular about frequently laundering their clothing, either.

You might not think of it, but there are literally thousands of variations as to size, shape and color – and there are collectors who avidly collect them.

They really aren’t being made much – if at all – these days, because they are so labor intensive.

So, people who really like them, want to grab every one while they still exist!

Just taking the pictures, doing the research, writing the descriptions and then posting the beads to the internet takes forever. A lot of it is because nobody ever knew who made the beads in the first place – and they just weren’t considered important, enough to document.

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,247 total posts | Posted 5 months ago

My goodness Bette you work so hard and long! You are amazing!

The beads sound really pretty Carolyn!

Yes, Joyce, the internet has expanded our horizons and we are able to make friend from far away. Some people refer to them as internet friends, but I like to think of them as pen pals.

Abrafox's booth

This combination of letters lends itself very well to words 7 or more letters long. Of course, it’s also great for 3, 4, 5 and 6 letter words.

Here are 3 for you: bewitched, bothered and bewildered. It is best if I do NOT try to sing it to you, though1

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,247 total posts | Posted 5 months ago

Nice words, Carolyn. They are fun to say.
It was an exciting day here yesterday. Diana and I were about 1-1/2 mile from home on a walk when the town siren sounded,(like an air raid siren) which calls the fire dept. A nearby couple asked about the siren and pointed out a fire. Sure enough it was a structure fire in a partially demolished cow shelter (sort of barn-ish but open on the front side. The couple gave us a ride to the fire dept and I arrived before the engine left the station so was able to assist with the fire. It is fortunate the grass still was green or the fire could have spread to a nearby house. It was refreshing to meet this super nice couple who were willing to help out a perfect stranger without reservation. Also had a fabulous high performance CPR class yesterday.

Abrafox's booth

Thank you for hosting Bette!

Abrafox's booth

R5, S4, T3, U, W2, Y, Z2

I was trying to do double letters, 7+ letter words. I may have to drop it to 6+ letter words.

Yesterday, I dug up the 3 rhubarbs plants and planted 6 rhubarb plants. (How they multiply)
I pulled up the rock border where the rhubarb was up part way the garden and they are stacked. Leveled the ground out and back filled the rock holes.
I dug out the majority of the new garden and stacked all the sod with soil up to be shaken out later.
Prep the center of the bed with torn up newspapers and old, decayed mulch from where the rhubarb was.
I started to transfer some of the irises to there new spot.
Dragged a couple of logs that rotten logs to the fire pit. These logs are from a flower bed that will disappear by the end of the season and the flowers will be going into the new bed.
Yep, overly tired and sore.

Nice that it rained during the night to water in the plants and to level out the soil. It’s still raining and I guess I won’t be working outside.

The girl kitty and Toupee Tom has been coming and going and eating and drinking all day.

Bette, given the relationship between you and the "girl kitty, seems like it’s time for you to name her.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,437 total posts | Posted 5 months ago

Now THAT is quite a phrase. All but 4 letters ot he alphabetincluded and multiples of most. WOW!!! How does Bette come up with the fun phrases. Busy lady she is, I’m amazed.

Charlotte, you must live in a great area to have someone that helpful and didn’t even know you. Glad the grass was green. Sure it made keeping the fire under control that much easier. Lucky high winds and dried foliage were not part of that time. You have to feel so accomplished being part of the volunteer fire department. My nephew is in the volunteer fire department in Kentlad Indiana and really is happy to be responsible helping the community.

Carolyn, if you are sending me ANOTHER pin I’ll select the fish. That purple is my favorite color. Seriously, that postage is a killer. You can be comfortable knowing I am very pleased with my Swan surprise recently.

Now, to get to some fun brain exercise.
Goal??? Maybe all the words will somehow relate to my mover and the new house. That really is about all that is on my mind. Night before last my mind was so boggled with all the thoughts I didn’t sleep until after 5:15 and then was up and going at 8:45. Totally not me. Last night I caught up sleeping from 11:30 until 9:45 this morning. I was beat.

I agree that little kitty needs a name, Bette.
Not sure how fitting but how ’bout Miss Priss?
Or Wisconsin Willie?

Rainy day here today and predicting rain for the next several days. Glad Bob the lawn mowed. The house looks so much nicer to potential buyers with the lawn freshly mowed.

Collectibles and So Much More

Fish it will be, Joyce!

R5, S4, T3, U, W2, Y, Z2

I ended up doing double letter and 6+ letter words for my word list. I had to delete a lot of double "L"’s since there is only one “L”.

Rain off and on and some misting. I did go out and plug a few irises into the new bed in back but I just couldn’t / feel like doing anything outside today.

Toupee Tom did come in to eat and drink but I haven’t seen the little girl. I am thinking of calling her Dottie the spottie kitty. ;-D

Pretty sure i have completed my 700+ word – list of 7+ letters….except I keep thinking of more words.

Amazing how many times I used FF words, even though there was only one F to be found.

No, I will not go back and do a new list of 800 words, all with 8 or more letters. I will not. I will not. Definitely not…..but, I will restrain myself.

Spotty Dotty is a good name……….

Joyce, if you’re searching for words, consider your landscaping – lots of plants have the letters you’ll need; lots of them are also 7 letters long.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,204 total posts | Posted 4 months ago

Plenty of time to play. Wednesday night, your word lists are due to me. This week’s game phrase is:

R5, S4, T3, U, W2, Y, Z2

Hard to work on anything yesterday with the on and off rain / drizzle and such. I did take some time to do some pinning to Pinterest. I still haven’t worked out a easy flow from the 4 accounts. I had a couple of notes to add to my shop accounts for boards and I just can’t find them.

A bit chilly this morning, but I was hoping to go over to my clients home that I need to plug in hostas in open areas and to exchange some of the colors. I just hate this place because all the work is on a steep hill. If everything works right, I might go over to the other clients home and move those bushes and a few plants so that is done.

Still haven’t seen Dottie, the little girl kitty, for over a day. I wonder if she had her kittens.

I wanted to test the lawn mower. It had a funny “out of balance” stop when I turned it off. I may have to have it serviced again. Phffffft!

Funny thing, I am not sure if my eyes are open while typing this. LOL

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,247 total posts | Posted 4 months ago

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,437 total posts | Posted 4 months ago

Another good morning even if it is gray and rain in the forecast.

Like the name Dottie. Hope her kittens are where they are safe.

Like your gif this morning, Charlotte. Animated, happy & colorful.

Carolyn, gardener that I’m not I am not familiar with more than common plant names and I will do that. Actually I got sidetracked yesterday and never exercised. I spent 8 hours putting very visible tags on over 60 boxes of already packaged stuff including my Bonanza wares, red hat stuff, Lefton items, Harmony Kingdom pieces and on and on. 6 tubs of Christmas decorations…get the drift? I wanted to make sure I know what’s in the containers and that they are near or in the right rooms when movers place them.
I sure will be watching the mailbox. Thanx in advance, Carolyn.

Maybe today I’ll exerciose.
I do still have a full closet of boxes to tag properly. Includes dolls I’ve collected over the years and my American Girl size doll and her accessories. Could well be some of this “stuff” won’t find room at my new location and my online selling will need be augmented. Oh, no, Oh, no!

…………
Have a great day.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,225 total posts | Posted 4 months ago

Turned out that 7 letter words were very easy to find with this combination of letters. Just sent in my list of 700 + words.

I won’t get to the post office until Wednesday, since my daughter is working strange hours this week, and I’m not driving any more. Your little purple fishie will go then, Joyce.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,204 total posts | Posted 4 months ago

Plenty of time to play. Wednesday night, your word lists are due to me. This week’s game phrase is:

R5, S4, T3, U, W2, Y, Z2

• Today was sort of a dreary day. No rain but just gray.
    Spent 3 hours moving variegated hostas and solid hostas to their new homes at one client. Hopefully, I am done until next month to do some weeding ONLY.

Then I spent another 3 hours at the other client’s home and dug up 6 bushes and got them planted into the new, extended garden. Mulched the bushes in. Dug up a batch of plants down at the roadside and they were relocated to the back yard. Did some pruning of trees.

About 6pm, Dottie finally showed up for some food and milk. She has the dry “wet look” tail and belly fur. I believe she’s a mom.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,247 total posts | Posted 4 months ago

Got a giant jolt of adrenaline at 6 am when the pager sounded. Could only hear garbled speech so rushed to the station. Turns out it was accidentally activated. The pants I had thrown on didn’t have my house key so I had to knock on the Diana’s window to get her to let me back in. So much for sleeping in (so far) during summer vacation. At least it is nice and cool outside so I will get my walk in before it gets hot.

Abrafox's booth

Today was my red hat lunch.
13 of us enjoyed a lunch at a local restaurant not a chain
All went well until they brought our bills.
Several of our bills showed prices other than what we saw on the menu. A $2 difference on several bills. Well, I got the waitresses attention and she offered almost before I asked that there a typos on the menu and she can’t do anything about changing the prices. Good lunch but what a way to run a business.

BTW, we have another showing on our house tomorrow. Hope this one is the buyer. I know it only takes one to buy but it is tiresome leaving our home at the convenience at often the drop of the hat only to hear “nice, but not what we are looking for.” Maybe tomorrow will be “the buyer”.
t
Bette, Tell Dottie I said congratulations…lol
Hope she and the kittens are all fine.

Charlotte, what a way to wake up! Quite the wa to start any day.
Poor Diana. She didn’t get to sleep iun either.

I’ll be watching my mailbox. Thanks, Carolyn.

Joyce, generally speaking, restaurants are obliged to go by what the printed menu says. It isn’t so much the measly $2 as it is the dishonestly and lack of professionalism.

I was thinking to myself – have you begun to make arrangements to join a Red Hat Society near your soon-to-be-new-home? Or are you so closely knit to this group that the commuting time will be worth staying with the gals you have known for so long?

Hold on to your hats, ladies!I am thanking god for my excellent health insurance.

Got a statement detailing my stays in hospitals and rehab centers from January 1 through April 30, 2008. Bear in mind that that does not include my stays from September through December.

Ready? The total bill was $191,008.35. My total share was $100.

I kinda’ think medical care providers – doctors, hospitals and rehab centers – jack up their prices big time, knowing that the insurance companies won’t fork over anywhere near that much money.

But think about this. If I had no insurance at all, do you think I, as a person, could negotiate the payment down to the $25,426.07 the insurance company actually did pay? In my wildest dreams, I don’t think so.

I sort of feel like that Johnny Cash song, “I owe my soul to the company store!” — or at least, I would, if it weren’t for health insurance.

There’s stuff like: Radiology Diagnostic – $1,578.15. Amount insurance paid – $0.00. Amount I owed – $0.00

Laboratory – Chemistry – $1,813.35. Amount insurance paid – $0.00. Amount I owed – $0.00

And you gotta’ love this one: room and board from 3/21 – 3/27 – gulp! gasp! Cardiac arrest! $49,416.24. Amount paid by insurance – $12,792.12. Amount I owed – $0.00

And you know what? The food was lousy!!!!

R5, S4, T3, U, W2, Y, Z2

Dottie just stopped by for food and drink.
She doesn’t have her “light bulb” figure. She had her kittens. (Or liposuction)

You have amazing health insurance Carolyn!

Dottie is lucky to have found you Bette!

Keeping our fingers crossed for an offer today Joyce! I agree it is very tiring to be in ‘ready to show and leave the house in an instant mode’ all the time!

Abrafox's booth

Joyce

? No word list ?

Sorry, kids, no word list this week.
I was busy and exercised more than my brain way too much.
Hopefully next game I’ll be back at it.
Sorry

Carolyn, I agree about restaurants and menu mistakes.
This place really let us down.
As far as red hats go uin my new location…I will try to get back

once a month for the gals I’m with right now. There are chapters in my new area I intend to get with. Or, maybe I’ll start a new chapter with my new neighbors.

Here’s the stats for this week’s game

TO WHICH GOBSMACKED GUESTS WERE FERRIED IN LIMOS
AND GREETED BY MOCK PAPARAZZI

3 Total Players
1181 Total words from all the players
394 Average word lists

5+, 6+ and 7+ letter word lists
Bette: Double letter words
Emily: Made words from GOBSMACKED and PAPARAZZI
Carolyn: 7+ letter words and over 700 words.

Bette and Em – pick out a little animal/insect pin as your prize for participating!

Bette – special thanks to you for the amazing lot of time and effort you have been spending on WFC, along with everything else you are doing.

Do you ever sleep?

Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »