Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Sept 17 2018 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Sept 17 2018 ► ► ► 30 posts 6 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,248 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
BookRush
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Hottytoddy40zoo
Joyce72747

KathysCreations

LoveCrafting
masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

rbee

Reksplace36
sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
VintageSpecialties

wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

?? ??? ???

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,248 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

CRISP AIR, PRETTY LEAVES, SWEATER AND BOOTS,
FOOTBALL, PUMPKINS, AND COFFEE. I LOVE FALL.
A7, B2, C2, D2, E8, F4, I4, K, L6, M, N3, O6,
P4, R4, S5, T5, U, V2, W, Y

PLAYERS

Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Emily Received

My lawn is finally mowed. The neighbor was so nice to get the yard done. I just finished raking and mulching plants with all that grass.

I did take apart the lawn mower and the deck looked good and I sharpened the blades. Belts looks good. There does look like a oil leak and maybe a damage gasket. I didn’t try starting it yet. I will take another once over to make sure I hooked up everything right and I need to pick up a bolt. I noticed one missing from the engine shroud. (I must of lost my muscles. I had a devil of a time pulling the mower deck out from under the tractor and flipping it over)

Alfalfa (cleaning), Dottie, the little girl, and Dirty Nose Ned (looks like he’s laughing)

the little girl and Alfalfa / or the twins

Dirty Nose Ned

Then I spotted the black and white tuxedo kitty. He is watching Dottie. She spotted him and came running to me with her tail between her legs.

Look at the front foot. He has a black dot on it. LOL

I am thinking up a phrase.

This week’s game phrase is:

Lots of letters with this phrase. I was going to do my word list with words ending in “ING” and there’s no “G’s”.
Maybe I will choose PUMPKINS and have the words start with those letters or words ending in -ED, -ER, -EST. Or 8+ letter words.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,256 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

I seem to recall once doing a list exclusively of words that start with the letter P, 5 or more letters. Took time, but met my goal. Amazing how many words start with P. Course, it also had a letter H!

Some of My Favorite Things

Here’s a really good word for this week’s game. Although I am familiar with it, I never thought to use it before: dystopia.

I like that word.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,274 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Good morning! The kitties are adorable! Thanks for posting the pictures!

You have amazing brain power Carolyn!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,153 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Meowieeeee! What Cuties!!!! Thanks for sharing pics, Bette!

Carolyn, my sister Caroline and you could have been clones, I swear! LOL!
She’s past on (God rest her soul) but she was a teacher, and she was always thinking, she loved history, grammar and words, and trivia (mostly little known facts, like a group of crow are called a murder, which I first learned from her!) LOL!

Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,602 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

LOVE the kitty pics AND the phrase…I’ll try to get a list made this week, Bette. Glad your lawn has been mowed and you were able to use all the “hay” they left for you!

Charlotte, I really admire all the time you’re putting into your studies. Not to mention the fact that you volunteer to be a human pin cushion. THANK YOU…those people you help will really appreciate all your efforts!

Hello, Dee! Glad you could pop in! You always add fun and smiles to our game thread!

And Carolyn you are such a whiz! Thanks for sharing your “words” of wisdom with us. I’ll have to look that one up, but have a sneaking suspicion that it’s something Charlotte is currently learning about! hee hee

Ooops! Just found out what “dystopia” means…guess I was wrong about it being some medical condition! lol

It’s essentially the opposite of “utopia.”

This morning I went to feed the kitties and there was some growling going on. I see Dirty Nose Ned chasing a chipmunk, trying to kill it.

I was really good yesterday. Since the grass was cut and raked, I was able to work on getting some new items ready for listing. I sat outside looking over the clothing and getting descriptions and such. AND I manage to post 17 new listings. Today, I am hoping to process some more clothing while it’s sunny out. The next few days may have rain, so I need to try to get ahead of the game.

Also, the kittens spent most of the day outside. I couldn’t find them for a while but Dottie was on the porch. Then I see a small tail hanging out from under the porch and I see the 3 kittens sleeping under there. I was surprise that later in the afternoon, after I feed them that they actually put themselves in bed in the garage. I didn’t have to chase them around. YEAH !

Posted by NancysNostalgicDolls, San Diego, CA. 12,769 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Dropping in to wish the nicest person in the world a very Happy Birthday!

Hope everyone is doing good! ♥

Nancy's Nostalgic Dolls

Happy birthday, Em! Thanks for the reminder, Nancy.
Sometimes WFC words come to me from the strangest places!

I came across this one today in – of all places – the funny pages of our Sunday newspaper.

onomatopoeia

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,274 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Yep, dystopia sounds just like dysarthria, dysbarism injuries, dysconjugate gaze, dysmenorrhea, dysphagia, dysplasia, dyspnea, dysrhythmia.

Onomatipoeia was in Schoolhouse Rock.

Happy Birthday Emily!

Abrafox's booth

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY

Another nice day. Not too windy, not too hot. Worked on some more clothes outside and I am really happy that I manage to get more done.

And the kitties had the day out. Dottie released a chipmunk in the garage and Dirty Nose Ned killed it.
Then they spent part of the afternoon on under the porch.

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,602 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Nancy, you are such a doll! Thank you!
And thank you, Everyone for the birthday wishes!

Checking in on WFC friends! (instead of studying)

Abrafox's booth

Everybody needs a break to clear their minds when studying!

Unless something totally unforeseen happens tomorrow, I’ll be spending the day preparing and freezing the last of the summer’s bounty – quarts and quarts of Gazpacho – that great Spanish totally uncooked soup made of really fresh good quality tomatoes, green peppers, onions. cucumbers, V-8 juice and seasonings.My daughter and my grandson share my love for this as a meal.It’s meant to be eaten cold, but my daughter prefers hers heated – just don’t cook it!

I’m also going to do an Italian dish called Caponata. Sometimes it’s sold in frightfully tiny frightfully expensive jars to be used as an appetizer. We make it with eggplant, celery, onions, onions, green olives, capers and tomato puree. This we eat either cold or hot – as a main dish, we eat it hot.

My mom was Italian, and back in the day,we Catholics did not eat meat on Fridays, so this was a staple for Friday dinner when it was in season. Now, with freezers, we can enjoy it all year long, and don’t need as excuse like “day of abstinence.”

Course, I won’t be able to make enough for all 3 of us to last through the winter, but it’s so nice to have some stockpiled for dreary depressing looooog cold winter dinners.

Besides the fact that they are delicious, they are very good for you; low calorie, lots of vitamins and minerals, almost fat free (except for the oil to saute the eggplant) and guilt free.

The farm-fresh local vegetable season here was very late this year; traditionally, have made this in mid-August, but everything ripened later here in the Hudson Valley. Oh well, at least it’s cooler for working over the hot stove now in mid-September.

Sounds delicious Carolyn! Now my oatmeal is boring. ;)

Plan for today- finish chapter 18 and start on chapter 19. Already finished the three chapter quizzes, and waiting for the instructor to post the three chapter worksheets that are due at 8 am tomorrow. AND make bread, cook dinner, and hem Diana’s homecoming dress (all three layers) and do a bunch of laundry.

Abrafox's booth

We got rain today. I was hoping to try out the lawn mower again.

Again, a new member to Bonanza to report. Foxxy Strippers from the Blue Mountains. (Must be cold)

Got the caponota and the gazpacho done – and freezer ready – two big packages of both for each of us – daughter, grandson and me.

It’s always sad to see the last of the summer bounty of fresh vegetables gone for the year.

I had an invasion of yellow jackets Saturday night in my kitchen. They were pretty logy – some of them had actually died on the window sill. Seems there is a big hornet’s nest (if that’s what you call it) above ms under the roof eaves. The exterminator came today to deal with it.

I really don’t like hornets and yellow jackets. Honey bees are sort of okay when they sting you once, they die, because they lose their stinger in you. But hornets and yellow jackets don’t lose their stingers and they can – and do sting you repeatedly.

My daughter goes into anaphylactic shock when she’s stung – she carries an epi-pen to inject herself – so I’m hoping they’ve taken care of the problem.

They’re sneaky little devils – they can slither through the tiniest hole to get in. They were all congregating in the kitchen in one corner, which gave us a bit of a clue of where their nest might have been.

Word lists are due TONIGHT.

I was at the thrift shop and found some fantastic deals. 5 Eddie Bauer winter vests that look new. Last year I had found 9 coat & vest from D&Co that looked new and sold most of them.

Poor kitties didn’t get to go outside. I was rainy and wet and I just didn’t want them getting cold. I was surprised that Toupee Tom stopped in the morning and at night. He must of been really hungry.

Well, I got to get ready for work.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,256 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

So what did I do that caused all those words to have strike-out lines through them – I certainly didn’t do it on purpose!

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,248 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Carolyn, you must of put – in front and back of the phrase

dashes next to phrase and no space

- dashes with space before and after words -

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,256 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Probably so – thanks for the help, Bette.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,248 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Word lists are due tonight.

Very odd, dreary and wet day. When I got home there was a break in the weather and I tried the lawn mower. NOPE. BUT I did finally got the lawn mower repair shop. Waiting for his call back to find out when he can pick the mower up.

The kittens has a chance to run around. Funny thing was, I was on my hands and knees trying to stretch out my back when I look down and noticed a tail. I shifted my bust and there was the little girl kitten laying next to me. I am growing on her now. YEAH!

During the break in the weather, I grabbed the 2 bags of clothes that I got yesterday to take pictures. Poooooo, I goofed. Because of the darkness of the Eddie Bauer vest were, I didn’t see bad, looped stitches on the vests. I guess those will be given to the bigger thrift shop. BUT there was a Eddie Bauer down filed vest that was fine except to sew on the pocket buttons tighter and that one will pay for what I purchased and then some. YEAH. I got more pictures of the other tops and a couple of tops are mine to replace some of my “holey” ones.

Last week, I purchased all those tops and managed to get part of them listed. I sold 3 of those and now in the black on that purchase.

Now I feel better that there has been some sales and that the mower repair won’t be a hard hit.

Game Stats

FOOTBALL, PUMPKINS, AND COFFEE. I LOVE FALL

3 Total Players
1500 Total words from all the players
500 Average word list

5+ and 6+ letter words
Bette’s word lists ended in suffixes
Emily’s word list were made from the words Footballs, Pumpkins. I Love Fall

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,274 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Good morning! Finally the homecoming dress is altered and steamed! The dress was about 8" too long and we didn’t want to cut it off so we folded it up. To disguise the tacking I put small beads on the outside of the skirt in groupings of 3. It turned out well and the beads gave it extra sparkle all the way around the skirt. Now back to studying.

Send some of that rain our way Bette!

Hi Carolyn!

Hi Emily!

Hope Joyce is having a nice time on her vacation!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,153 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

RuhRoh….I missed another Birthday…awhhhh Shucks!

Hope you had a Wonderful Birthday Em!

Love! Peace! Joy! Dee

P.S. This week’s game phrase is:

Word lists are due TONIGHT.

Divine Fabrics n More
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »