Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Oct 8 2018 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Oct 8 2018 ► ► ► 50 posts 5 voices

Page
< 1 2

Posted by AutumnLeaves, Warren, MI. 3,793 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Bette! How I would love to land, lots of land under starry skies above! Raised on a partial farm finally dwindled down to 124 acres with a shelter belt of pine trees and lilac bushes. You how it is you can take the girl out of the country but you cannot take the country out of the girl.
Kittens and benches and paths and fences and gardens just lovely.
Pasta sauce cooking away and next sugar pumpkins to bake and save for pies, breads and yummies. Two hugeeeee dishes of stuffed cabbage to freeze some (hubby is 100% polish). You are so right Charlotte lots of comfort food for winter.
I intend to spend a lot of time getting my booth here back up and running as well as more to list in my shop on Etsy. That and the volunteer work will keep me quite busy. I always think homemade soups and breads are great comfort foods.

Tomorrow is new vet day and I am dreading it as much as my 4 kitties will be. Vet of 33 years and my pcp – poof gone, retired.

We do get trick or treaters, some years more than others. I love seeing them in their costumes. My husbands favorite all time costume was the year a teenager came dressed as a shower! Shower head, curtain and shower cap quite ingenious. On the 20th of this month those of us who sit the governing board for our volunteer organization participate in trick or trunk with Parks and Recreation. Cars are decorated and we are all in costume – Little Red Riding Hood for me this year.

Joyce it sounds like your new life is full of fun as well as some responsibilities. However you seem happy as a clam and that is what counts.

Sent my list last night as I knew I would just keep at it and 600 or so words is enough for this week. Great mix of letters.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,280 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Word lists are due TONIGHT. The game phrase is:

AUTUMN IS A SECOND SPRING WHEN EVERY
LEAF IS A FLOWER

A4, C, D, E6, F2, G, H, I3, L2, M, N4, O2, P,
R3, S4, T, U2, V, W2, Y

When I got home yesterday from the thrift shop, I did some cement work at the end of the driveway. I wanted to stabilize the gravel from washing away from the storms. I was surprise that we had a quick storm go through. It still looks like the driveway repair is good. I also thought that Wednesday was suppose to be a partially nice day and then the evening there will be rain. SURPRISE It’s raining, drizzling, misting and no rain. It can’t make up it’s mind. The drive still looks okay. The kitties had a chance to come out and Dirty Nose Ned is definitely my kitty. I saw him at the garage looking around. I waved at him down on the other side of the yard. He comes running to help me. I took down a pine tree and 3 maple trees. I still have a couple more maple trees to take down, but the rain has been the problem. These are all smaller trees with 5 inch trunks.

The little girl kitty is having problems with the other kitties. I decided to give her her own dish with food and she seems to like that a lot. I wonder what happened to her and the others. (Independent little cuss. Just like me)

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,286 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

I used t have a neighbor – a very wealthy woman – who would have feral cats captured, spayed or neutered, then brought back to the area.

She lived in a restored pre-Revolutionary War stone house in pristine condition. Lots of money. Very kind woman.

Evelyn fed all the cats every morning. Picture this – over 20 bowls, each filled with food, so each of them had their own food!

It was so endearing.

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,476 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Late popping in today but with good reason. Keeping my new house in order and laundry all done and put away plus fresh sheets on our bed.

Trick -or-treaters? I am not sure what to expect. Guess I’ll buy some candy just in case some munchkins do come to our door.

Carolyn, 20 bowls of kitty food meeting each of the feral cats taste seems too good to be true. Keeping all those cats spayed and neutered would be quite a challenge. Bless her heart.

Kay, I have had the biggest taste for stuffed cabbage lately. The weather cooled today and it is rainy. Wish I had ingredients to make some. Maybe next time to the store I’ll return with all the necessary stuff. Cooking at my house is not nearly the fun it is in most other homes. My husband has so many allergies and me diabetic leaves so many things out of reach. Even stuffed cabbage if I expect hubby to eat any can’t have rice or breadcrumbs. Not sure what I’ll use for filler…..maybe potato flakes

My list is sent and my brain feels so much better.

Collectibles and So Much More

I have a package of small Trick or Treat bags – about 20 with a friendly ghost that says Happy Halloween;maybe 10 that have a grinning pumpkin that say Trick or Treat.

Whoever gets selected as our random winner this week will ALSO get these bags as a little treat from me!

How nice, Carolyn. Glad we are all in the random winner possibility.

I better not be the randomly-chosen prize winner – I’d hate to send myself the trick or treat baggies!

LOL, Carolyn
and
Really a cool autumn-like day. Sunny and bright but only 48 degrees.
Waiting for it to warm a tad and then going out for a walk around my new neighborhood. Literally “around” as we live on a circle.
Planning/hoping to see you this evening for stats and random winner selection.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,297 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

We woke up to wet heavy slushy snow yesterday. The poor trees were weighted down. And then the power went out. The snow has melted from the valley but is still on the mountaintops.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,280 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Game Stats

AUTUMN IS A SECOND SPRING WHEN EVERY
LEAF IS A FLOWER

4 Total Players
2000 Total words from all the players
500 Average word lists

. Carolyn had the longest word list with 760 words
. Carolyn word list started with N, O, P, R, S, T, V, W, Y
. 5+ and 7+ letter words

Pick a number for the winner.

1, 2, 3, 4

Well off to work.
Brrrrr it’s in the 40’s here.

Charlotte, one thing seems to be true everywhere. Weather patterns are not the same as they’ve been for years.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,286 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Do you know, the cost to mail a first class letter is proposed to go up to 55 cents! (I remember back when it was 2 cents!)

Anyway, I placed my order for a years worth of stamps, including some to give my daughter and grandson as little “extra” Christmas gifts.

One I thought was kind of nice – bought them in honor of Charlotte – “First Responder” Stamps.

The most difficult ones to find are those suitable for putting on sympathy cards. Finally settled on Peace Rose stamps for them.

I dunno’ – seems like clowns and movie stars and such are just not appropriate for everything, are they. Total Eclipse stamps are definitely not a good idea for sympathy cards….

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,280 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

1 Bette Received
2 Carolyn Received
3 Joyce Received
4 Kay Received

All I did was to copy the players list and added the numbers to start our winners list.

The winner is Joyce.

7 7 7 7 7 77 77 77 7 77 7

Just got home and found all the kittens and Dottie outside. They were happy to get into the garage with the wind and the cold.

Carolyn, they also want to a varying pricing for First Class mail according to the location it’s going to. This is going to be bad for sellers.
I plan on writing to USPS/ council ruling this.
I see that they are also increasing the shipping for Amazon and they should. Amazon has a huge discount given to them.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,286 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Unless she changed her mind, I know what Joyce wants – the bright red beads. I need her new address, though.

Joyce, if you’ve changed your mind, that’s okay, too!

Bette, I didn’t notice the location differential – is that packages or letters, too?

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,280 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Carolyn,

I was reading from this about the postal rates
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/10/1539198957.html

My daughter and I were talking about this earlier today – even before we knew about the proposed rate hike.

We were talking about birthday cards, sympathy cards and holiday greeting cards.

There was a time when people sent cards very frequently.
(I can remember back when we got literally over 100 Christmas cards each year.)

Now, between the cost of postage and the cards themselves, people just aren’t sending them much any more.

Send somebody a wedding gift – they e-mail you a thank you. No more cards.

Bereavement cards? Forget it. The obituaries have a little notice where you can post a note right over their website.

Paying bills? Internet or automatic withdrawing from your account.

People just don’t much use first class mail at all any more. With an additional rate hike, they’ll probably use it even less frequently.

Only troglodytes like me will send letters and cards, pay bills by check – and we are a dying breed.

I am not happy if the charge First Class by zones.

My plans are on writing and my thoughts. Something like:
. At post office: the normal rates
. Online : ? 30% discount. (I think that is what Paypal gives)
. Online Larger providers: 35% ( ShipPost, Stamps and even Amazon. ( Somewhere, I thought Amazon was getting well over %50 off shipping: B.S. )
. I also think that Amazon is pushing for Sunday delivery. Make Amazon pay for that employee wages plus. If they are making $20/hr, Sunday would be double time so it would be $40/hr and an additional $20 for employer taxes and the Post office keeps the small remainder
. I prefer no Sunday deliveries. A day of rest.
. They keep pushing 2-3 day delivery and it had been 3-5 day delivery. If Amazon can’t deal with it, let them get their own deliver service and pay for it.
. Whoooops, I am ranting :-D

Carolyn, I still pay by check and send out cards, letters and complaints by mail only.
I don’t like that they charge you for not doing things online like, filling out a copyright form and mailing is $85 but online $35/$55. BS especially with the hacking and such.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,476 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

WOW! Oh my gosh
We all are winners but I’m THE

no, Carolyn, I have not changed my mind.
How exciting.
I’ll b-mail you my new address.

I am going to be interested to see the postal rate changes and how they’ll affect my everyday mail. Dang!

………
Where do I go to change my Bonanza info so they know I am at a new address and it would then show everyplace I post?

Page
< 1 2
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »