Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Oct 15 2018 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Oct 15 2018 ► ► ► 30 posts 6 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,249 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
BookRush
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Hottytoddy40zoo
Joyce72747

KathysCreations

LoveCrafting
masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

rbee

Reksplace36
sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
VintageSpecialties

wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners
Oct 8th Joyce.
Oct 15th Kay

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,249 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse (2)

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

EYE OF NEWT, WING OF BAT
DANCING WITCHES, AND A ONE EYED CAT

A5, B, C3, D3, E7, F2, G2, H, I3, N6, O3, S, T4, W3, Y2

PLAYERS LIST

Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Joyce Received
Kay Received

Yesterday was so cold and gloomy. I had a hard time trying to spend some time with the kittens outside. They played for a while, but was going back to the garage on their own.

It looks like Alfalfa has sprang his back leg. Since I can’t touch him or such, I just have to watch and see what happens. At least he would return to the garage to rest.

I harvested some of the corn from the back field for this winter’s bird feeding. I was checking how dry it was and I have cobs of corn sprouting. The funniest thing to look at. I guess I will harvest some more corn. It looks like we won’t have rain for a week and I can have some corn for winter.

This morning, there was frost on the roof and on the truck. Just called for some fuel oil to heat with.

There’s an indoor rummage at a church today that I want to go and need to pick up some groceries. Need chocolate for hot chocolate.

Need to think up a phrase.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,461 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Gookd mining, friends.

Bette, looks like you posted a phrase….looks fun to me.

Hate hearing Alfalfa has sprained his leg…poor little guy.

You mention frost on the roof pumpkin…LOL
We had huge snowflakes here yesterday for a good half hour. Of course no accumulation but snow nonetheless.

I’ll go exercise and amuse myself with
this week’s WFC phrase:
EYE OF NEWT, WING OF BAT

………
Where do I go to change my Bonanza info so they know I am at a new address and it would then show everyplace I post?

Collectibles and So Much More

This week’s game phrase is

EYE OF NEWT, WING OF BAT

Joyce, all I can see to change the address is:
Go to ACCOUNT DASHBOARD
Scroll down and click SETTINGS
Scroll down and click ACCOUNT INFO

Well, I guess I have lost my kittens. Two nights in a row, all the kittens are outside and under the porch when I find them in the morning. They know there way out of the garage. They now seem more distant.

THEN, I was going to mow the lawn and YEP
there was smoke coming off the muffler. I see that the gasket is leaking again. I am going to see if I can get one in town this morning.

I spent part of the night going through my income tax papers and just kept the returns and the rest was burn this morning. I got up to 2004. Just made me cry when I saw the accident bills and all the checks I wrote to pay since the insurance company didn’t want to pay all of it. Then I see copies of the “Pick Me Up” paper that I created for the eateries to read and some of the things for the quilt guild.
I just need to get some cleaning down here and I am getting road blocks here and there and winter is almost here that I won’t be able to finish other projects outside.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,461 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good morning, all.

Thanks, Bette
Sure I’ll find it now.

Bet those kitties will return.
They know where they can find good food.
Time will tell. Cats are really territorial. When I worked at an auto recycling center there were “junk yard cats” that were always in the wrecking yard. They were around forever

Well, made the changes in my address BUT while the change was saved and does show my new address in the Account Info it still show that I am in Greentown Indiana as I make posts…..hmmmmm….very strange.
Maybe it will take a few hours or days for my change to show up.
In case you are wondering I really have moved.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,275 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good morning! Spent the day yesterday helping burn some piles of logs and brush and making sure floating embers didn’t ignite the surrounding trees and grass. The piles were pretty wet so it didn’t burn too hot or fast.

Insurance companies are like that and it is so dishonest! When hail damaged our shingles the insurance company sent us a tiny check (with no other paperwork at all) and when I called they responded by saying that was all our roof was worth. Then I reminded them that our policy was for full replacement coverage they said, oh, that right. Of course they already knew that.

Only four weeks left of class. Need to step up the studying. Practicing calculating drug dosages for homework today.

Please if you would, include my Dad in your prayers. He is having surgery to replace his aortic heart valve tomorrow.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,256 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I will think good thoughts for your father.

I remember how frightened I was the night before I had my heart surgery. The nurse actually wheeled me down to the chapel to pray.

Must have helped, because I came through it just fine.

Tell your dad how many of us are praying for him, and care for you, our friend – even though we have never met in person.

When my daughter was in a coma, from which she was not expected to recover, I used to stay at the hospital, but always come home in the morning to update my telephone answering machine with a status report.

I ended it with “Please pray for her.” One morning, the response was, “I dialed the wrong number, but I will pray for her, too.”

She recovered completely soon afterwards. I always thought that perhaps that “wrong number” prayer tipped the scales in her favor…….

So, yes, we’ll pray for your dad. A lot. And for you, too, Charlotte.

Some of My Favorite Things

Charlotte, sorry to hear about surgery for your Dad’s heart. Nobody likes any surgical procedures. I’ll join you and Carolyn praying, crossing fingers and send all kinds of positive vibes in your direction. Doctors are good at what they specialize in. Sure he’ll be fine AND enjoy a speedy recovery.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,275 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Yes, he has the best doctors and facility in the area. They even have a duel purpose operating room where they plan to do the operation through the veins, which is less traumatic and has a quick recovery, but if something goes wrong a whole other team of surgeons is standing by to step in and do it open heart.

Abrafox's booth

Charlotte, all my best thoughts and prayers for your Dad. Keep us posted, please.

Long day here spent traveling and working with MIL and her situation.
I’ll be more available tomorrow.

I am pleased to report that everything went well. Early evening his blood pressure dropped enough to make everyone worry, but they did an ultrasound and everything is intact so probably just a reaction to the stress of the surgery and dehydration and it is expected to resolve. Everyone there was super nice and the cafeteria has fantastic and inexpensive food. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,256 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Such good news. Charlotte! Wonderful.

Great news, Charlotte. Now prayers for the total recovery.

We did what we could yesterday to get M-I-L’s room ready for her to move into assisted living tomorrow. We also showed the house to 2 different people and souinds like one of them will be making a reasonable offer. NOW, will M-I-L realize it is a good offer? I sure hope so. She is so headstrong her kids say unreasonable I have fingers crossed she might surprise us with a reasonable reaction.

I could turn my list in but keep thinking of another word that triggers thoughts to more words. I’ll eep adding until nearer deadline.

I know you will.

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,602 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Glad to know your dad is doing well, Charlotte! Sending prayers for a quick, complete recovery for him (and doing the happy dance for you!)

You doing okay, Bette? Hope the tax and mower troubles haven’t gotten the best of you. Not to mention those bratty kittens!

Sending prayers your way, too, Joyce…for MIL’s successful transition to assisted living.

Take care, All!

Thanks, Em….good to see you, BTW

Playing cards this evening with friends.
I think Bob needs a distraction from all the stresses he is feeling. Hope this helps him. He’s been a bear!

Got my list done and sent it. Somehow, the selection of letters to use wasn’t really Halloween-inspiring – all the witchy worlds like vampire and ghouls and nightmare and monster just didn’t work.

Oh, well, I managed to get 500 words , 5 or more letters, but no personal challenge – except, maybe, to just do it!

Word lists are due TONIGHT
This week’s game phrase is

EYE OF NEWT, WING OF BAT

Charlotte, so glad the surgery had a positive outcome.

BOY, it is cold here and the wind does not help.

. I talked with the lawn mower repair guy and he isn’t working on lawn mowers now. He is out trapping for the farmers and then will start working on snow blowers.
. So I have been searching the internet and most of them talked about changing out the gasket, but it still continues. Then I noticed that there should be a muffler shroud to protect that gasket area, another mentioned about the liquid gasket stuff and then about the drain back hole and it seems that once it’s opened up, they didn’t have any more problems. Well, my manual does not show that drain hole and then I search the internet for a diagram of the engine. Nothing. They guys posting on this lawnmower site doesn’t state where that drain hole is. (Typical guy talk)
Talking with a buddy of mine, he explained about it.
Not sure when I will get back to look at the mower. I just hate this cold snap.

The kitties have been freeing themselves and sort of living under the front porch during the night. Funny thing is, in the morning I gather them to feed them, I have to open the garage door and 2 of the kitties go running in and run across the garage for the kitty box. (I don’t think they know that they can go potty outside.) LOL

When I am home, the kitties will be under the porch, play, or they crawl around my stuff on the back porch and sleep.

Blue manage to sneak out the door before I could catch him. He ran right into Dottie. In the beginning Dottie had bumped her head against him. He was for the most part calm, but all of a sudden, she had a quick reaction and swatted him. Them both had fur raised, but not fight. I quick picked up Blue and put him in the house.

Happy Wednesday! Sunny and very chilly here, too, Bette.

My WFC list is in. I beat the deadline.
Off now to do some shopping.
See you all later.
Hope you are having a great day.

Good evening! It was a nice sunny day here, but spent the morning at class, then errands, and a nap. Now to get back to the homework, 6 assignment to do in a hurry.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by AutumnLeaves, Warren, MI. 3,793 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Whew made the deadline. Charlotte so glad things went well.
Cold, cold, cold here 30 degrees and windy tonight scurry and hurry around covering some things and getting ceramic pots in the garage.
It just seems to me that this is quite cold for October. Hubby and I are working out ways to wear warm clothes under costumes on Saturday to stay warm.
Your kittens are such a hoot Bette, mine seem to be the same they will run in the house from the backyard just to use the liter box!
Joyce so nice to see you happy and doing things you enjoy now and hope MIL will take well to moving.

I loved the phrase however I went over my list several times as I kept making words with the letter L.

Thanks Bette for taking time to do this challenge for us.

GAME STATS

EYE OF NEWT, WING OF BAT

4 Total Players
2000 Total words from all the players
500 Average word lists

4+ and 5+ letter word lists

Kay with the longest word list of 1000+ followed by Joyce with 700+

Choose a number 1, 2, 3

Will we be able to meet Thursday nights to do the stats like we use to. ( I almost forgot how to do this)

Since I picked the winning # last game I’ll leave that for someone else to do.
I’d be happy to do Thursday night stats BUT tonight I’ll not be available. Heading north to attend to more M-I-L business.
See you tomorrow.

How about

Studying is scheduled for all day today. Need to catch up.

Abrafox's booth

Number 1 was picked and the winner is:

1 Kay Received
2 Carolyn Received
3 Bette Received

Ineligible to win
Joyce Received

The Winner is KAY

Congratulations KAY!

. Yesterday, I managed to look at the lawnmower and a few of the valve cover bolts were loose, so I tightened them up and wiped all the oil off the cover and the muffler top.
. This morning I check the mower and there was no leak on top of the muffler, but the battery was weak and I had to charge it. I did get to mow, but it bogged down a couple of times running through the leaves. Tomorrow, I will check the bolts and such on the mower to see if anything loosened up.

Kittens had most of the day running and playing.

Thanks for hosting Bette!

Congratulations Kay!

Abrafox's booth

Good for you Kay

Fun phrase also challenging LOVED IT
Thanks for hosting, Bette.

Will be watching for a new game start.
I plan to do something productive today.

6 hours later
My prize from last week’s WFC arrived.
Those red beads are really going to add to bracelets my Red Hat lady-friends and I will be making.
Also the special prize Carolyn included of Halloween candy treat bags are special for my lucky little trick-or-treaters.
Thanks on all counts, Carolyn.

Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »