Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Oct 22 2018 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Oct 22 2018 ► ► ► 33 posts 5 voices

Page
1 2 >
Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,250 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
BookRush
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Hottytoddy40zoo
Joyce72747

KathysCreations

LoveCrafting
masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

rbee

Reksplace36
sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
VintageSpecialties

wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners
Oct 8th Joyce.
Oct 15th Kay

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,250 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

A PUMPKIN GHOST STORY: AND AFTER THEY HOLLOW YOU OUT,
THEY STICK A FIRE INSIDE YOU

A4, C, D2, E5, F2, G, H4, I5, K2, L2, M, N3,
O7, P2, R3, S4, T7, U4, W, Y5

PLAYERS

Bette RECEIVED
Carolyn Received
Joyce RECEIVED
Kay RECEIVED

New game phrase is

A PUMPKIN GHOST STORY: AND AFTER THEY HOLLOW YOU OUT<

I am debating about doing words with double letters.

CONGRATULATIONS TO KAY for being the winner on the last game.
I have shipped out your prize of 3 kittens to you PRIORITY. LOL

Gloomy and cold day with some drizzle here and there.
I did pull out frozen out marigolds and zinnias.

Kittens played most of the day, but There was no Dottie.
I walked along the road way and called for her, but no Dottie.
I wonder if she is locked in at the neighbors garage or chicken coop.
We will see if she is back tomorrow.

Cracked another tooth.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,463 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Everyone is welcome here.
Gooooood morning.
I am reminded by the phrase for the week Halloween muust be near.
Pumpkins were always a sign of that “when I was a kid”
SO
Pumpkin Jokes

Q: When asked how he was feeling, what did the pumpkin say?
A: I’m vine, thanks for asking.

Q: What are gourds afraid of?
A: Things that go Pumpkin the night.

Q: What do adventurous pumpkins do for fun?
A: Go bungee gourd jumping.

Q: Why do pumpkins sit on people’s porches?
A: They have no hands to knock on the door.

Q: Why was Cinderella not very good at softball?
A: Because her coach was a pumpkin.
Feel free to Oh, no………

*Now off to exercise….BRAIN exercise that is

Collectibles and So Much More

This week’s game phrase is:

. The kittens were all under the porch this morning. Boy, they really don’t want to stay in the garage over night. (Little buggers)
. Still no Dottie. I hope she is okay.
I have been seeing a lot of red tail hawks and with her white coloring, she can be easily spotted.

Gloomy, a bit chilly and the W I N N D D D D D.

Posted by AutumnLeaves, Warren, MI. 3,793 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Bette! I cannot wait for my “live prize” to arrive! Hope you poked enough air holes in the box for the little darlings. Glad you sent them priority mail and hope to see a box of meows when we arrive home late this afternoon. We have a wonderful mailman so I am sure he will see to them.
Our vet of 30 some years retired and sold the business, but we have been lucky in finding another, and closer to home with the same type of “feels like home” facilities who also works with rescue organizations.

Love this phrase all kinds of letters and last evening when I got started I just kept rolling along, hope this makes up for the time that will arrive when I am stuck again!

Hubby and I, along with some other governing board members of our volunteer organization are off for Parks & Recreation Autumn Harvest day for the children. They will chose pumpkins & paint them, have their faces painted along with some other outdoor activities. Then they go to the large parking structure for 2 floors of Trick or Trunk. Anyone can reserve their parking spot for their decorated vehicle and hand out treats for the children for about 2 hours.
Most dress in costume, Hubby has kids Halloween music blasting as it can get quite noisy with all those children passing through!
This year our Baseball Athletic Director will be handing out imprinted pens, our President of course chocolate (we eat as much as we pass out I think) we ladies will have rubber ducks for the toddlers and just have a fine time looking a all the costumes parading by. This year due to the cold weather I will be Little Red Riding Hood in a one size too big costume to allow warm clothing underneath the dress and cape.

Wishing all a wonderful weekend and no more cracking teeth with opens up another whole topic and as I seem to be quite wordy today will leave that topic alone.

I would like to offer some prizes for this challenge, do I make a listing in my booth so you may grab the pictures? Snap! been away from Bonanza tooooo long and memory is short.

ANYONE MAY PARTICIPATE IN THIS WORD FIND CHALLENGE SO GET ON THE BAND WAGON WITH US AND KEEP THOSE MINDS SHARP AND BRAINS WORKING.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,463 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Kay, an item in your booth would be the way to go.
Easy then for it to be pictured on the prize list. TYVM in advance.

My personal challenge this week is … trying to use Halloween-like season words. It’s a tougher challenge than you think coming up with my goal of all5+ letter words and 500 or more of them. Believe me I am stretching my imagination.

Let’s see??? Halloween character?
Is he a pirate or a ringmaster?
I’ll use both on my list.

Kay, you can post them as a listing and title it WFC Prizes only and you can put a ridiculous price on them. Then we can collect the URL and get them posted.

Kay, yes, I poked air holes in the box, but I have a funny feeling those holes will become larger when the kittens go postal. LOL

Joyce; Yes Pirate or ringmaster OR
Fencer
Musketeer
Englishman

I couldn’t believe this morning, while working on the computer, you could hear the wind build up speed. The two huge garbage cans went flying down the driveway. Then it became a white out with snow/small hail/rain. It didn’t stick but boy it was wicked. It’s still extremely windy. The kittens thought it was safer in the garage with soft blankies to lay on.

While standing in the kitchen, I yelled out “T” “R” “E” “A” “T” “S”.
Fletcher came running into the kitchen with excitement in his voice.
Fletcher knows the word treats and the spelling. LOL

Well, back to work.

Weather here was something else, too.
It was sunny, cool and breezy when I woke.
Sun remained but wind gusted at up to 63 miles an hour.
Neighbors new trees have broken limbs but luck was with us. None of ours broke.

Thanks for the help, Bette. I didn’t have Fencer or Englishman. Englishman proper I think Will add fencer.

Spent part of today going through boxes of in-laws papers. YEAH found a $25 E bond from 1970 worth $134.37 YEAH
Also found the missing title for the 2003 Ford Windstar van in great shape sitting in the garage with a dead battery for about a year. Glad we found the title. At least we can junk it and save the insurance she’s been paying or maybe sell it…lol Buy a new battery is first thing, I guess. It is a clean vehicle. Hopefuuly we’ll find a buyer for a few hundred $$$’s

Here it is and was in good running condition and probably still is.
There was a recall on this van about 8 years ago and Ford kept it for 6 months making it better than new because of recall.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,258 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Sometimes, going through old things can bring pleasant surprises.

Not so much for me today.

This is absolutely crazy. My daughter is totally computer-illiterate. She asked me if I would sell her Beanie Babies for her. Now, we all know they aren’t worth much any more, but, I said sure.

Little did I know she had over 200 of them!!!!

All in perfect condition, tags and all.

However the sheer time to look everyone up and get a feeling for what it has sold for in the past year is very time-consuming.

After the first 50, I changed the rules of the game. She has to come over and check them out on the computer.

She has to group them, too – like the Zodiac beanies, the Easter animals and so forth so they can be offered as groups that make some sense.

Never in my very long life have I ever collected Beanies, nor do I care to learn too much about them, either.

Why do I care about the fact that there are 3 identical patriotic bears, each with a different color face! Or how many years they created graduation owls!

Does she have them all, or doesn’t she? That’s her job.

I am not going to do it. Period.

I don’t mind writing the copy and posting them, but the upfront responsibility is hers.

So there, kiddo!

Some of My Favorite Things

Really strange weather here. There was a couple of times there were high winds along with snow. At least the snow didn’t stick. There are branches in different places, but I will worry about that tomorrow.

I finally found Dottie. I found her across the road, trying to hunt.
This whole summer, I don’t remember seeing that many chipmunks and other critters, even grasshoppers. That would of been fun for the kittens to go after.

Carolyn, I would also group them. But there are some that are more valuable.

I remember I was cleaning for a client and I found lobsters and crabs beanie babies. I put them in their bed. Next day I got a call with a questions why they had crabs in their bed. Then it dawned on her. Just laughed about it.

I thought I was going to get some stuff done here, but purchased a few things for some designs I was laying out.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,258 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Oh, yeah, I’m checking the value, too – not the amount people list them for, which often has nothing to do with reality.

Found a good site, but some are not listed, so then I have to go somewhere else to find them.

Just a lot of work.

It looks like all the cats are living under the porch right now. It’s upsetting because it’s close to the road and right now, the sugar maple has been loosing it’s leaves. The sound of the leaves against the road has the kittens running into the road carefree.

Cold and slightly windy and frost on the grass this morning. I don’t want to think of what winter will bring.

There are so many soybean and corn fields that haven’t been harvested. It’s been wet for such a long time and the farmers are waiting for the crop to have some drying out time and the ground to hard before harvesting. I am surprise the soybeans weren’t harvested a few weeks ago since they have been ready.
Of course, I have been harvesting corn from the back field and storing it for winter. The bunnies and birds will like it. I salted a few places with corn for the mice to come out for the cats.

Finally, a couple of sales.
I need to get some sewing done. I have some items cut and trims and such pulled. When I was using the sewing machine, the boys were on everything trying to what was the noise and if they could help me.

Good

I gotta share my Beanie Baby story.
“Way back before Beanie Babies became the big thing the gift shop in the hospital where my sister was a nurse started selling them. She found them too cute NOT to buy several. Don’t you know it was shortly after her purchase of Flutter the butterfly that she saw people searching out that beanie baby and paying big $$$ for it. Long story short she sold that Flutter Butterfly for $1200….that is twelve hundred $ That was the most she ever got but others sold for nearly a thousand dollars a few times……those were the days.”
Here is Flutter
I do see a site that would give $15 for Flutter today.
http://www.sell2bbnovelties.com/product/bb_flutter3rd_nt.html
They offer various prices depending on condition, tags etc AND depending on which Beanie Baby you are selling. The earlier pieces worth more than recent manufacture.

My exercise is nearing the 500 word count of all Halloween related words.
Newest word addition was

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,258 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

I’ve been doing a lot of research on Beanie Babies, and it’s really quite an interesting back story.

I did not know that the creators name was actually Ty Warner. He was a nasty, money-grabbing mean old son of a gun, too.

On another note, my daughter told me she had an odd problem with a car she sold several months ago. Seems the guy never changed the registration to his name, and she kept getting speeding tickets for him. Finally got it straightened out.

For some reason, this reminded me of a family story.

Several years ago, my brother, who has a quirky sense of humor, applied for and got, license plates that read simply, “NONE”

He thought that was funny…..until he began getting tickets from police agencies all over the country.

Seems that there are people who drive their cars unlicensed, and – at least at that time – the police officer would fill in the ticket writing NONE, in the place where it asked for a license number.

Okay. However, computers all over the country, decided that was the actual license plate number of am automobile owned by a person – my brother.

He had a devil of a time getting that straightened out – took a couple of years, actually.

My daughter thought it was funny. I had, myself. My brother did NOT think it was at all funny.

Nowadays, you can’t get a license plate that says, simply, “NONE.” Computers have no sense of humor. My brother learned that the hard way……….

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,250 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

New game phrase is

Yesterday wasn’t too bad of a day.
Worked cleaning the back corner of the yard.
I was also at the neighbors farm and worked on dismantling some items for scrap metal. Filled up the truck and one load done. There’s a rider lawnmower and a rotor tiller to still take apart. Maybe Friday, I will work on this. I also have an old tiller that needs to be scrapped. I was going to keep the tines for ? project – maybe a lawn ornament.

Last night the neighbor stopped by and dropped off items. We talked about the items I am scrapping and then Alfalfa came out of the garage (he was in the garage for night time) and met the neighbor. Well, this morning when I fed the kittens, Alfalfa was in the garage. SO, I know he knows how to get back into the garage. I feel better about that for those colder nights to come.

I was up early and went to the laundramat. Almost a full moon and I drove, the road lead right into the moon. Just a wonderful early morning drive.
Washed a load of doilies for my upcycling project.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,276 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Stopping in to say Hi! Still studying. A bunch of chapter assignments were just posted that are due tomorrow at 8 am. (which means due tonight) and the last eleven chapter quizzes are due Friday morning (Thursday night). It would be so much nicer if the instructors would post assignments in a timely manner. Only 400 more pages to study in the textbook.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,463 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

Carolyn, memories are part of what keeps us all going.
Good memories are the best stories.
Bad memories are those most of us simply forget.

Bette, that nearly full moon shines on us all and I love it
especially where we are now with a clearer sky than back in Greentown.

Charlotte, keep on keepin’ on.
Study and soon this will be all behind you.
You Go, Girl!

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,463 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

A beautiful, crisp, colorful, sunny autumn day in Indiana.
Here’s wishing you all the same.

My WFC list will soon be sent.
I used all words that could relate to a Halloween themed story.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,250 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Word lists are due TONIGHT

Fairly nice day.
. Yesterday, Dirty Nose Ned caught a mouse and ate it in front of his siblings. (I think that is why is his chubby).
. I had Blue outside today and Dottie greeted him and a couple of the kittens. No Problems. I knew Blue is pretty even temper. If it was Fletcher, there would be growling, hissing and a fight.

Posted by AutumnLeaves, Warren, MI. 3,793 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

List sent – listing for prize offerings up tonight. I also had quite a kitty day. Our last cat, the smallest, and fiesty scaredy cat still needy her yearly vet visit. Wellll what job that turned out to be! All was well and I was just getting ready to pick her up, she was sleeping, when the #&^% door bell rang, frightened her and under the bed she went! I am sure you know how long it took to get her out from under a king sized bed!

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,276 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,258 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

I was doing some nosing around, looking at our list of “Participants and Donors.”

Several of them have no presence on Bonanza anymore:

Bookrush
Kathy’s Creations
Love Crafting
Masonic Treasures
rbee (deceased)
Rek’s Place
Sidewing Creations
Vintage Specialties
Ziggy Zool

They aren’t here at all on Bonanza. Question: is it time to prune our list? I know we’ve done it from time to time in the past.

Do we actually have a policy?

Carolyn, I was looking at that last week and was debating about eliminating most of them.

Joyce, I thought of one more word for the picture : Swordsman

Game stats

4 Total Players
2000 Total words from all the players
500 Average word lists

5+ and 7+ letter words
Bette’s word list had double letter words

Choose a number 1, 2

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,276 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Wonderful light rain here. The governor just declared a state of emergency since the drought is so severe so any moisture is welcome. Continued studying scheduled for today with a short break to make bread later. Cadaver lab scheduled for class tomorrow.

Abrafox's booth

Thank you for hosting Bette!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,250 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

1 Bette RECEIVED
2 Carolyn Received

Ineligible to win.
Joyce RECEIVED
Kay RECEIVED

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,250 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

CONGRATULATIONS CAROLYN

Page
1 2 >
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »