Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Dec 3 2018 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Dec 3 2018 ► ► ► 27 posts 6 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,289 total posts | Posted 16 days ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners
Oct 8th Joyce.
Oct 15th Kay
Oct 22 Carolyn
Oct 29 Bette
Nov 5th
Nov 12
Nov 19th
Nov 26

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

This week’s game phrase is:

MY ROOM IS NOT MESSY. IT IS AN OBSTACLE COURSE
DESIGNED TO KEEP ME FIT

A2, B, C2, D2, E8, F, G, I5, K, L, M4, N3, O6, P, R2, S7, T5, U, Y2

Players

Bette RECEIVED
Carolyn RECEIVED
Joyce

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,483 total posts | Posted 16 days ago

Just home from one of the very best lunches I’ve ever had.
It was at a culinary school in Indianapolis.
A couple of our friends went with Bob and me..
A cider spritzer was my beverage choice.
Appetizer was Soy Ginger Glazed seared Ahi Tuna with wasabi, mustard sauce
Entree was Seared Sea Scallops with a delicious sauce and Sisters Succotash scallops were caught by hand by divers making them far more delicious than those scooped up in a net or farmed.
Dessert a homemade scoop of ice cream with homemade butterscotch fudge topped with roasted pecans.

If your mouth isn’t watering it should be.
This was delicious. Presentation was that of a 5 star restaurant as was all the food.
Oh, yes, they also gave us a piece of homemade candy that reminded me of Fannie May or Sees or better.

Price? We were only asked to give what we felt the meal was worth and all proceeds were given to the student chefs.
BTW this culinary school is part of Indiana Art Institute which is closing. So sad. City can’t/won’t support it any longer.

Restaurant culinary school is on the 11th floor of the Pyramids a landmark in Indianapolis. Picture doesn’t do this building or location justice

Collectibles and So Much More

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,290 total posts | Posted 15 days ago

All right, everybody – get out those cookie tins! Tuesday, December 4 is “Cookie Day”

If that doesn’t put you in the holiday mood, the next day is Walt Disney’s birthday. and the 12th is Poinsettia Day.

On the very same calendar, just to put it all in perspective, December 7th – Pearl Harbor Day. I am old enough to remember that day….“The Day of Infamy.”

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,289 total posts | Posted 15 days ago

DESIGNED TO KEEP ME FIT

We have rain and it is cool, damp and nippy.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,303 total posts | Posted 15 days ago

Sneaky Santa names were sent out, let me know if I missed you.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,289 total posts | Posted 15 days ago

DESIGNED TO KEEP ME FIT

We had rain. I mean it poured. There was lightening and thunder. I had to unplug the computer until the storm went away. I couldn’t believe the thundering and the kittens didn’t know what the heck was going on.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,303 total posts | Posted 14 days ago

The weatherman keeps promising snow, but we only got another inch or so.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,303 total posts | Posted 13 days ago

Six-ish inches of light fluffy snow overnight.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,289 total posts | Posted 13 days ago

DESIGNED TO KEEP ME FIT

It pretty much rained yesterday and then light flakes of snow. You can still see the grass, but it looks like snow for today.

I tried getting the kittens in the house. Dirty Nose Ned has a cold. I was hoping that I can get all of them in while I am at the house to see what the boys will do, but no luck. Dirty Nose Ned came in for a little while but wanted back out. I figure that I will ease them all into the house. This wet and cold, on and off weather is hard on their little bodies let alone the older kitties. They are giving the cat box a workout on the back porch. I think when I add fresh litter, it’s a race who will be using the box. LOL.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,290 total posts | Posted 13 days ago

I used to have a neighbor, Bette – a very wealthy elderly woman, who lived in a per-Revolutionary War house next to me.

There were many feral cats in the neighborhood. She had an obliging friend who would capture them in a Have-A-Heart trap, take them to the vet, get them neutered and then bring them back. (She paid for all of this.)

She fed the cats, all of them. It was a real kick to go visit her and see the dozen or more individual bowls of cat food that she set out for them every single day, all lined up, right outside the kitchen door.

Probably, if she’d gotten them into her house, she’d have set up a separate litter box for each of them, too!

They did not choose to be indoor cats, though……..

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,289 total posts | Posted 13 days ago

DESIGNED TO KEEP ME FIT

I worry about Dirty Nose Ned with the cold. I remember there is a heat vent on the backside of the porch and that is probably why they climb over everything and lay there. I have the pipe disconnected, but there is some heat that comes through there.

I am having an awful time getting myself motivated to get some things done. Whether creating new listings, writing some letters or ?. Tomorrow I have a cleaning and then over to bag days at the church.

When I was cleaning the kitchen and deciding what to get rid of, donate or ?, I found a lot of wooden spoons, forks and such. I was going to donate them and then I thought I would make some mini quilts and have them hanging off the spoons for wall hangings.

That’s a clever idea!

Time is really getting away from me – just can’t seem able to catch up lately.

Did we get our Sneaky Santa partner yet? If so, I guess I lost it, Charlotte……

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,303 total posts | Posted 12 days ago

Carolyn, Sneaky Santa info sent :)

It is 12 degrees here this morning. Brrr! I hope your kitties adjust to coming in the house soon! The wall hangings sound cute! You should post pictures.

Well, it’s back to studying after two weeks off, but at a much more relaxed pace. There is a web site that has study aids and practice quizzes and tests so it feels more like playing than studying.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,289 total posts | Posted 11 days ago

DESIGNED TO KEEP ME FIT

Word lists are due TONIGHT

. I had Dirty Nose Ned in last night. I could hear that cold inside of him. It was a hard night that he cried, so I wrapped myself up and slept on the floor by him. He still would settle down on the bed and then I laid my coat on the floor for him to curl up. Part of the night was up and down, the Blue wedged himself into the kitchen. The kitten was happy. Was REALLY happy and was rubbing against him a bit too much to irritate Blue.
. (I had tried to bring the other kittens in, but they wouldn’t come in or they buried in the back part of the porch)
. This morning he is out on the back porch.
. I also fought with Dirty Face Fred. I thought he was jumping over the door block to get some food or milk. During the night when check the back porch, I went out there and come flying from the back of the porch is Dirty Face Fred.

. Too much activity with the kittens and I am not getting new items processed and such.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,483 total posts | Posted 11 days ago

Hello hello! I really am here BUT no time to exercise yet. H4eading to the airport shortly and hopefully will exercise and get my list sent before deadline4. A GREAT 5 days with sister and family joined us here on Sunday. Late Thanksgiving or early Christmas the 11 of us had a wonderful day.

See you later and will read back over what I’ve missed.

In honor of Disney’s birthday

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,169 total posts | Posted 11 days ago

Popping in to say ‘’Hello Dearies!’’ Happy Wednesday to You, Each and All!
I’m finally OFF the bay, I only sell part time there, usually ‘til December 1st.
Because of health reasons I might be going off Bonz again, we’ll see, for now it gives me something to do as I now can do it still and all.

I even hired My Texas Treasures to promote my items in my booth. . .

I am curious. Recently I had a package that I mailed the very day she bought something, come back to me saying no such address, return to sender. I wrote the person in regards to it all and she wrote me back and said when her mailbox outside gets too full, the mailman refused to deliver any more mail.
Here’s what I’m curious about, isn’t it the law/a rule that mail person MUST leave mail at the residence address even if the mailbox is full, can’t they place it in a plastic bag and hang on the outside door???
I know Ralph our mailman from years ago told me he has GOT to deliver the mail, even if the outside mailbox gets filled to the gills, he said, they are obligated to leave the mail as delivered somehow, even if that means some in the box and some on a porch or hanging on a doorknob in a plastic bag.
Well . . .I just yesterday mailed it again…let’s hope it does not come back to me once more…
unsure about Christmas plans, I’m pretty homebound now, and not doing too well, but I continue to count my blessings!

Sending Holiday Wishes to YOU, each and All!!!

Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,303 total posts | Posted 11 days ago

Good morning! Light snow falling. It’s like living in a snow globe!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,289 total posts | Posted 11 days ago

A couple of hours left to turn in your word list.

. This morning, the kittens were together. Dirty Nose Ned came back into the kitchen. Alfalfa was interested and I helped his interest and then I picked up the little girl.
. The kittens have been inside all day. The twins were in the window for sometime and then hiding in back of a chair. Alfalfa is braver and has come out a bit more.
. I grabbed the blanket from the back porch and have that on the floor. Dirty Nose Ned is now sleeping on that and is becoming more comfortable.
. Thank goodness that Blue is even temper. He has spent most of the day locked in the kitchen with the kittens. He has been up on the dresser in bed, in front of the heat vent. Then he comes down and see the others. The little girl hissed at him, but he just moved passed her and did his thing.
. On and off, Fletcher would sit in front of the “fence door” watching me with the kittens, watching the kittens and just spying.
. Dottie is now sleeping under the back porch cabinets. Not sure if it’s warmer or the tom cat that has come in. I’m not bringing Dottie in yet. The temperature is suppose to be warmer for a while and I figure this will help the kittens get more accustom to inside. Then I will bring her in. I have a funny feeling, that is when Fletcher will express himself.

It was a dreary day and I didn’t do what I should of. I did get 2 letters done to a couple of companies.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,483 total posts | Posted 11 days ago

Dee, great to see you posting with us.
My answer to the liability of a postal worker is to expect and be surprised with your expectations. In Indy 22 years ago our mailman simply decided not to deliver and it was found his mail had been found in a dumpster someplace. Irresponsible is what I call it and it can and does happen everywhere.
I think and pray for you frequently. Merry Christmas.

I’m on my way to exercise as I just returned from airport.
Happy Wednesday, everyone.

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,606 total posts | Posted 11 days ago

Just popping in to say hello and am glad to see Dee has been here, too! Always good to read about what each of you is up to…happy to know Bette is keeping up with the kittens. I am sure they will reward her with their love and appreciation once they realize how good they’ve got it!
What a fun phrase. So sorry I did not have time to play this week.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,289 total posts | Posted 10 days ago

Game stats

DESIGNED TO KEEP ME FIT

3 Total Players
1500 Total words from all the players
500 Average word lists

Word lists were 5+, 6+, 7+ letter words

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,483 total posts | Posted 10 days ago

Love the stats…short and sweet.
Good going fellow players.
I’ll admit to being the 5+ letter player.

Off shortly to NW IN where we are going to be cleaning out my in-law’s garage.Cold day but the dumpster will oonly be there for the day. We gotta do what we gotta do and that garage needs emptied. Closing on the sale of their house is the week of the 17th. We’ll be so glad when that is over.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,303 total posts | Posted 10 days ago

Thank you for hosting, Bette!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,169 total posts | Posted 9 days ago

We have snow covered grounds once more, however the sun’s out and it’s brightly shining making the flakes above the grasses shimmer and sparkle too!
I mailed that Secret Santa gift out today…even tho’ I’m not in the loop of such, someone bought a Secret Santa gift from me, to her given Santa Buddie-Gal,
it was fun to wrap and ribbon a gift…but note ’’’’’Shhhhhhhhh! No Peeking, No Telling, Don’t Ask Cuz I Won’t Tell!’’’’ LOL!

Our Leo’s getting better, that last ear infection was horrid, poor boy, even though every other day I ’’do’’ his ears, sometimes some of these cockers are just prone to ear infections, vet says Leo’s just prone to such, even tho’ we do as instructed flushing his ears every other day. . . Hard to believe we’ve had him over year, I still cry for Rooty now and then, but when I do, I encourage my Heart to look back at the fun and good times, and all the Love he gave to hubby and I…Leo’s a cuddeller too, mostly with me, but I might say to him ‘’go to daddy, boy, daddy misses a dog cuddle!’’ and he’ll go to Mike, the one vet assistance kisses him all over and plays on the floor with him, she told hubby, "There’s just something about him, he’s so friendly and he’s so very cute and huggable!’’

Well it’s Friday Dearies, and I promised myself I’d start clearing the living room of bins of fabrics I had out while selling on eBay…I can’t carry any of them, I just have to reorganize the 4 of them a bit better…hubby will then take them down to storage area (there’s both heat and A/C where I store the bins, in fact it’s on the other side of the spare basement bedroom.

Take Care everyone, have a Great Weekend! Thank you for all you are and do!
I will ALWAYS have Great memories from WFC and from WOE, too!
Sending Angels and Love to Each of You!

Divine Fabrics n More
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »