Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Dec 17 2018 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Dec 17 2018 ► ► ► 91 posts 7 voices

Page
1 2 3 4 >
Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,336 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners
Oct 8th Joyce.
Oct 15th Kay
Oct 22 Carolyn
Oct 29 Bette
Nov 5th
Nov 12
Nov 19th
Nov 26
Dec 3
Dec 10

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,336 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

CHRISTMAS IS NOT SO MUCH ABOUT OPENING PRESENTS,
AS OPENING OUR HEARTS

A4, B, C2, E5, G2, H3, I4, M2, N6, O6, P3,
R4, S8, T5, U3

Players

Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Joyce

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,352 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good morning! It is much warmer this morning, 20 degrees instead of 11 degrees.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,521 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

9 degrees at that point is really just a number.
Sounds cold to me…..brrrrr
Stilll above freezing here at 38 degrees
and everywhere it is Christmas

…….

and the phrase is?

Collectibles and So Much More

Here’s the new game phrase

AS OPENING OUR HEARTS

R4, S8, T5, U3

• With all the clothes I process, I use the sticky lint rollers, and the lint brushes. I have an old one that I can change the head to use it in a different direction. It’s getting old and a bit brittle. I also have pick up the lint brushes at the Dollar Store, but they do wear.
  • I was shopping for cat food and litter the other day. The hard cat food is in the same aisle of the dog food. Christmas pet stockings are all over and then I noticed this red thing. OMGoodness. A lint brush mitt. Same red brush material. LOVE IT

I may pick up a spare one.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,336 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Loot at it this way, Charlotte – it’s ONLY 12 degrees below freezing!

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,521 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Bette, love the phrase and I’m now looking for your reccommened lint brush. Thanks for the hint/tip.

It’s all the way up to 48 degrees here and it IS Dec 15th WOW!

Postman brought today a package that doesn’t say Sneaky Santa but I’m betting that’s what it is. It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

Yesterday the Christmas luncheon at the tea house was really nice. Felt so good being out with friends and sharing the joys of the season with all of them. A skit was put on by a few of the gals which included an interview with Mary as she described the trip on the donkey as she was 8 11/2 months pregnant. It was entertaining but very realistic.; I’d never seen that done before. Brought us to think about the true meaning of Christmas.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,352 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

You are right Carolyn, it could be worse!

Or 439.37*F above absolute zero

Abrafox's booth

AS OPENING OUR HEARTS

A4, B, C2, E5, G2, H3, I4, M2, N6, O6, P3, R4, S8, T5, U3

Just blowing off steam

I had a new pinner that joined and then I get a message through Pinterest from this pinner to stop posting fake items and to be removed.

I find this on eCrater forum

• recently signed up for a pinterest group called “sellers mall”. They post chinese fake stuff sellers from bonanza. Don’t know who that individual is…
Please take me off! Don’t want to have any part of it! Yikes! Not good for Business! *

I removed her from any of the boards and unfollowed.
I removed the pin that was an ecrater item just to stop this person.

I don’t know what I done wrong with all the pinning.
I try to keep to the USA sellers but I do have those UK and a couple of other places that I pin.

Fabulous phrase Bette! Thank you for hosting! Unfortunately, sometimes you don’t have to do anything wrong. Sometimes unpleasant stuff comes unexpectedly and unfairly to the nicest people.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,336 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

But, in truth, there are many items on Bonanza – like all other sites – that are actually made in China. I recently had an incidence of this right here.

Sadly, the sites say they are “just a venue.”

Bette, can we simply agree “it takes all kinds”?
This kind seems we could do without.
I know you work hard creating and helping others like yourself sell. Some people just don’t know enough to realize what it takes to do all you do AND do it right.

Finally a sunny December day in Indiana. (34 degrees)
My following gif doesn’t represent the weather but does let you know how I’m thinking.
My list is started and I’m personally challenging myself to include 2 C’s in each word not double C’s

Off now to shop for furniture for Bob’s office area. Always something!
BTW, a mirror is finally hung in his bathroom

Sent my list in.

Strange thing happened to me last night.

At first, it was scary, but…..

Well, anyway, I had a situation just like last year when I ended up in my multiple stays in hospitals and rehab, only left foot and leg this time.

I was just fine – and then, I wasn’t. I could barely hobble around. Not a good thing at a very busy time of the year.

I keep my bedroom cold, and love to sleep under a lot of blankets. Off I went to bed.

Chilly, but bearable. I didn’t set the thermostat any higher, nor do I have an electric blanket.

A few hours later, I woke up, dripping sweat from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet.I mean really dripping.
Took off all the covers; it didn’t help.

And then, it was over.

The strange part was – my leg and foot were perfectly okay.

It makes no sense, but I’m just fine today. Sort of reminds me of biblical stories when God drew devils out of people who had been possessed……..

I’ll just say, “Thank you, God” and get back to working on Christmas preparations

Isn’t that odd?

AS OPENING OUR HEARTS

R4, S8, T5, U3

Carolyn, A new wave of hot flashes? LOL

This past month, I have been extremely warm in bed and flipping off the covers, too. But not the sweatiness. Cat’s don’t like it when I flip the covers on top of them and wake them out of a sound sleep.

• Last night I listened to running thumps, scratching and squeak, squeak, squeak. Blue and Fletcher were on a mouse hunt and had it cornered several times.
  • Last night I notice Scat (the old bag cat) out from under her tent. I looked and Blue was under her tent and was reaching beyond the heat vent. Yes, a mouse.
  • Yesterday morning I caught Toupee Tom sleeping on my back porch and Dottie was somewhere. I yelled at him and for an old tom, he moved it out the door.
  • So last night Dottie came in and I decided that she will spend the night indoor so that I closed the back porch door. Dottie let me pick her up and pet her. When I was playing with her and the kittens, she leaned against me and wanted to be petted more. She is becoming such a good kitty.
  • I figure Dottie will be spending more time in the house when the temperature goes way down. Right now, it’s in the 40’s.
  • I am preparing for the next few days of stacked cleaning jobs that I will be gone most of the day.
  • Just hope the weather will be good and no snow storms to travel in like last year. All the cleanings just before Christmas.

Well, Bette, I never had hot flashes during or after menopause, but I sort of think at the age of 80, seems like a late start!

We haven’t been up to freezing for a couple of weeks – and just think, winter hasn’t even officially started.

I’m still behind in holiday preparations and decorations, but it looks at least manageable at this point.

My daughter’s cats brought her a mouse last week, and she nearly had a conniption hissy-fit.

She called for an exterminator, but the complex manager said she had to keep the mouse so they would “inspect” it.

My otherwise fearless daughter was in a panic – how could she keep a dead mouse for 2 or 3 days? I suggested a sealed plastic baggie and the freezer……… so the cats wouldn’t retrieve it and have it for afternoon snack.

“But, there’s food in the freezer.”

“So?”

Well, anyway, they came today and put in dozens of traps – I didn’t know that nowadays, they bait them with peanut better………Now, she wants to know what to do if a mouse gets caught in one of the traps……….Little mousetrap – freezer. Big mousetrap – dumpster.

I’ve never caught a mouse, but I was the unofficial designated bat catcher when I worked for the health department, because we had a lot of rabies – cats and bats, mostly. I made my own bat net with a very long handle, and I’d swoop down on those little guys and bring them in to the office.

When I retired, they gave me an “official” bat catcher’s hat – or so they said. Actually, it was one of the Batman movies hats, though. I,in return, gifted them with my personal bat net….

Love the cat and mouse stories
Carolyn, can’t imagine what’s going on with your bod
Glad you are well today.
AND

I SOLD an item here on Bonanza.
Best news is I was able to retrieve it from a well marked box in the attic. Glad it will be in the mail tomorrow just in the nick of time. Gotta go wrap it now. I just had to report.

Yes, I’ve sold a couple of things here recently – and also bought a sweater that I have been looking for seems like forever here as well!

Congratulation on the sales!

A Sneaky Santa gift arrived here today. Thank you!

Abrafox's booth

We need to set a date and time for our Sneaky Santa gift opening party. Any suggestions?

Abrafox's booth

Makes no difference to me – whatever works for the rest of you is fine with me.

Sometime Sunday?

It was still 30* F at 8pm. Unseasonably warm for this time of year. But I’m not complaining. :)

Abrafox's booth

Someplace, I have one of those really sturdy, waterproof packing envelopes that will accommodate an item I need to send to someone – and I know just where it is…..was anyway.

But. I packaged some items in boxes and put them in that space, so I can’t find the big envelope.

Darn. Oh well, it’s here somewhere.

Still time to play, but the word lists are due TONIGHT

AS OPENING OUR HEARTS

A4, B, C2, E5, G2, H3, I4, M2, N6, O6, P3, R4, S8, T5, U3

Well, missing in action only because of a Bonanza glitch.
When I came to Bonanza this morning I was logged in as a new member 12/18/2018.
Not sure how or why but I couldn’t post anything BUT could send message and did to both Charlotte and Bette. Not sure if they got that message or if they did how it came to them???? Was it me or the newbie? Anyway, I’m back and got here simply by logging out and logging back in. Guess I should tell support not to worry as if they were Replied they got my request for help but none after 3 hours.

My answer to when to do Sneaky Santa is after we each have our gift in hand. Hopefully the mail wioll come through and all gifts will be received soon.
Mine is here. Is your’s?

My idea to have words with 2 C’s in each woprd is quite a challenge.
I have expanded to at least 2 C’s or at least 2 N’s. Hopefully I will have my entry in before deadline.
Matter of fact I am going out for dinner so best plan to have it in by 6:15. You know what they say about best laid plans????

Off now to continue my list.
OOOOOPS first I’ll fold laundry that dryer announced is ready.

See you later.

• Dottie’s been sleeping in the house at night time and then spending time outside during the day.
  • I have 3×2 foot dog bed on a dresser in the kitchen in front of the heating vent. Blue loves sleeping there. I caught him sleeping in front of the vent and just a hand distance was Dottie. I think Dottie found out this bed is very soft and comfy. I actually thought the kittens would be the ones to find the bed and use that instead of the lion shaped bed.

Game stats:

AS OPENING OUR HEARTS

3 Total players
1270 Total words from all the players
423 Average word lists

5+ and 6+ letter word lists
Joyce’s word lists consists of word with 2 C’s or 2 N’s in them.

I’ll say great holiday time stats EXCEPT for my list of only 270.
Fun and great exercise.
Thanks for hosting, Bette.

A December night but here it is nothing like the norm

Hope you are enjoying your evening.
We went to Mountain Jack’s Steak House with friends for our celebration dinner of the season. It was so good. I gotta go snuggle up and relax in front of TV.
See you tomorrow.

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,616 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Holiday Greetings, All! Hope you are all well and enjoying some peace and joy this season. I’ll be getting a few days off work over Christmas, so am looking forward to that and to spending some time with my kids and grandkids.

I’m wondering about the Sneaky Santa proceedings…I did not sign up to participate, but I received a gift in the mail. I haven’t opened it, but thank you to whoever bought it…I know it came from Charlotte’s address though. I’ll try to participate in the “opening of the gifts” if I’m available.

Speaking of “gifts” and “holidays”, let me be the first to wish our wonderful hostess, Bette, a very Happy Birthday tomorrow! I’m sure the “kids” will throw her a big bash tomorrow – probably with lots of “presents”! ha ha ha ha

Sneaky Santa: Bette, and Dee, did you receive a Sneaky Santa gift in the mail? It was supposed to arrive a while ago. All other gifts have arrived to the best of my knowledge.

How about 2 pm Eastern time for our Sneaky Santa gift opening party or would evening be better? Suggestions welcome!

Joyce, I did not receive the b-mail from you. :(

Abrafox's booth
Page
1 2 3 4 >
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »