Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Jan 21 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Jan 21 2019 ► ► ► 33 posts 6 voices

Page
1 2 >
Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,372 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

I’M NOT GOING OUTSIDE UNTIL THE TEMPERATURE
IS ABOVE MY AGE

A3, B, D, E7, G3, H, I5, L, M3, N3, O4, P, R2, S2, T6, U3, V, Y

PLAYERS

Bette Received
Carolyn
Joyce
Emily Received

New game phrase is

IS ABOVE MY AGE

It snowed last night and covered the land. Fletcher was ready to go outside. I opened the back porch door and there was a foot tall wall of snow that stopped Fletcher. LOL

I did some shoveling, but I’m just having a hard time to get the whole driveway shoveled. I had to shovel out the mailbox since I had a couple of sales to be picked up.

REMINDER: Monday: January 21 NO Postal Delivery – Holiday

Yesterday, Fletcher spent part of the day outside (before the snow). He brought in a 3 inch mouse. The fun he had and then all the other kitties wanted it. Fletcher was a good boy to share.

Last night I left the “fence door” open and for the most part, no fights. Dottie has a slight infection and just needs to wiped out.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,217 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

EVERY One! ANY One – COME JOIN the FUN, Here! I’m already laughing at Bette’s Chosen Phrase for this week! Which Is:

I’M NOT GOING OUTSIDE UNTIL THE TEMPERATURE IS ABOVE MY AGE

Bette…even the CATS think like you do! They Must Know You’re a Cat Lady Who Will Always Be There for Them!

It has NOT stopped snowing since this morning, and it’s very cold out there according to hubby, who has only been exposed to it when he lets Leo out…and even Leo won’t stay out, he HATES rain, and he doesn’t like snow either, so he’s quick to ‘’do his business’’ unless there’s chipmunk or squirrel around. . .either under deck covered table or chairs or up in the oak tree out in the back yard, then he turns into Mr. Curiousity Barker, LOL!

Unlike our Leo these doggies do NOT run from rain or snow. . .Ha!

. . .but MEANWHILE down our street. . .

hee hee just kidding!

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,360 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

If you’re as fortunate as I am, you don’t have to go out in the snow today! yea!!!!

Oddly enough, seems like a lot of other people are staying in today, too, because I’ve gotten orders from 11 people. Lot of wrapping to do.

I’d especially love the orders if they were a bit more spread out, rather than one big lump all at once, though! (And you’re thinking, “What a whiny old lady she is!” But, really, wouldn’t it be a lot nicer if it was a steady, reliable thing, rather than a drought followed by a blizzard…….)

Back to packaging.

By the way, answer me this. Monday is Martin Luther King Day. We can’t really call it a “holiday,” like Thanksgiving or the 4th of July – so what should we actually be calling it?…….

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,360 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Just a weather update for the Hudson Valley – it’s already gotten really bad – not so much the snow yet, as that the roads are glassy. Thank heavens my daughter got home already.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,360 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

I am just now wrapping up the 24th items that sold in the past 4 days!

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,370 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

Congratulations on all the sales, Carolyn! That is fantastic!
Stay safe and warm, Dee and family! Those dogs look like they are having lots of fun!
A big storm is expected Monday. Diana is hoping for lots of snow!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,616 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

Wow, Carolyn! Way to go! Congrats on all those sales! Good thing you have nothing to do outside and can stay in to wrap them all. :-)

Can’t wait to hear the outcome of your testing, Charlotte. I know you will pass…just waiting to hear the confirmation!

As you all are mentioning, I, too am snowed in…well, not really IN, but using the nine inches as my excuse to do nothing but indoor activities. Hubby was able to get the driveway and walkways blown clear, but unfortunately our magnificent city workers have not done such a great job on the road outside our house. Sigh. Anyway, I’m enjoying some down time after several days of Inventory at work. Glad THAT’S over. Had time to make a list out of the wonderful phrase. Thanks for hosting, Bette! Now go outside and help Fletcher out of the snowbank! lol

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,372 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

This week’s game phrase is:

Fletcher was outside, and came back cold. He wanted to go back outside and once the door was open, he decided not to.

I been "re"listing items on eBay, but by new listings and copy/pasting. We’ll see if this may change the views instead of using eBay’s relisting or sell similar tool. I read that someone mention about how the old listings and the pictures are archive so far back in their memory that sort of hinders things. 1 1/2 days to get almost 100 items listed.

I have 3 nice sales that will be mailed Tuesday. They will help in the fuel oil bill.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,549 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

Hello Hello!
Missing in action a couple days. SORRY!

Im’m back and so glad to see Em. love the kitty in the snow
Dee, take care, Dear. You are the best.
Bette, good for you. SALES of any kind are a good rthing and there is always a place for the4 money to go…LOL

the phrase not the snow

See you again soon

Collectibles and So Much More

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,370 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Woke up to about 7" of very wet heavy snow. I am very grateful we have a nice big snowblower, it would take forever to shovel it all. Also luckily my son takes care of all the snowblowing for us. (He is an awesome son!) The storm clouds held off just long enough for us to see the Super Wolf Blood Moon lunar eclipse.
Good to see you Emily! Such a cute kitty in the snow picture!
Congratulations on the sales Bette!
Hi Joyce, did you get some drapes picked out?
Sending good thoughts to our friends who haven’t checked in lately.
And I passed my Advance EMT National Certification Test! Yippee and Dance of Joy!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,217 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

OMG…So MUCH snow came down, yesterday…and HUGE drifts…about a 5 ft drift on one side of our driveway, and about 3 ft. high at the patio to deck sliding door.
Hubby had to shovel the deck the steps down and to the oak, to give Leo a place to go. . . it’s snowing again, right now. . .BE Safe everyone who’s gotten or getting these snow storms!
Congrats to Charlotte, for passing test, and Carolyn for all those sales!

When my (who is long ago, passed away) sister was 1st married she and her hubby moved to Syracuse NY, NEVER have I EVER seen as much accumulation of snow as I did when we went there one Winter/Holday time…so the following made me laugh!

Although it is MLKing Day, today, because of snow there’s many a delay. . .

OMGosh! Do NOT Try This at Home! LOL!

Kitty prefers indoors. . .LOL!

Guess I’m ‘’Cozy McBlizzard’’ WHO are You?

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,360 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

We all knew you’d pass with flying colors, Charlotte – congratulations!

Years back, Dee, my husband was on sabbatical, getting another degree in Science, at Syracuse University.

The kids were in school, so we stayed here.

Generally, he came home for weekends and holidays. Once, in the midst of winter, he drove us back to his digs at the university.

Talk about snow!

First off, no one at SU drove in winter (except for my husband, who cleaned the car off religiously, so he could commute back home.

Nobody ever shoveled their cars out. The parking lots were filled with immense lumps – building high. Even if someone thought it might be a good thing to drive someplace – they couldn’t have found their car !

The icicles on building roofs melted and froze, and reached all the way to the ground. It was like looking into a cave of stalagmites and stalagmites.

There were paths plowed to get into and out of buildings. You’d walk along a tunnel-like narrow pathway, with 8 and 10 foot high walls of snow – and prayed it didn’t collapse on you.

The kids loved it. I hated it, hated it, hated it.

Before that, I was in college in Buffalo. Comparatively, it wasn’t bad. The streets were plowed, and the snow piled up at the edges. It got to a point where, when we caught a bus to classes, we had to literally climb up on the piled-up snow and, when the bus came, we had to JUMP DOWN to get into it. Course, we were young then, and we thought nothing of it – just another little challenge.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,372 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Since Charlotte has been getting all the education in emergency situations, we should have her travel to our homes and shovel. This will give her training in driving in slush, slop, snow, snow drifts, sleet. Give you strength in shoveling slush, slop, and snow. Give you endurance of wind, wind chills, pelting snow and sleet. (and you find out that comfy long johns come in handy) :-D

• I spent the day and got all my tax information together and summarized, just need the forms to fill out.
  • I have my Sales and Use Tax form filled out and going in the mail tomorrow.
  • I have all my sales packaged and ready for mailing tomorrow.
  • I sold a couple more of my sister’s ornaments and her check will be in the mail tomorrow.

I had Dottie sleeping at the end of my bed today. Blue and Fletcher was also on the bed.

Now I need to work on things to list.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,360 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

My challenge this week was words all of which started with a vowel – a, e, i, o and u.

Then I decided to make it all words at least 7 letters long.

Decided to do an even listing – 100 of each.

Well, I’ve done it – just have to check for duplicates.

But I’ll tell you what – it was actually kind of boring. All those u’s especially.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,549 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Just now about to stasrt my WFC exercise.
Just wanted to check in.
I realize I failed to congratulate Charlotte. Like Carolyn said “we all knew you’d pass with flying colors” but
a special nonetheless.

Yes, snow is happening everywhere.
Here just a few inches but really really cold temps. Windchill factor in the – double digits. It is winter.

Off now to exercise. Have great evenings.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,370 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Thank you for your encouragement and well wishes everyone! I am glad I don’t have to stress about it anymore. Sounds like good exercise and practice driving, Bette. It is a little nerve wracking to drive our engine on the slippery roads. Especially since we are going to where someone just slid off the road!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,370 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

Good morning! Stay warm and safe everyone!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,372 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

I had a couple more sales last night and they are ready to go. I want to make a trip into town to a thrift shop and drop off the mail before a new snow storm is suppose to come. I am hoping that the truck will start since I haven’t used it for a few days.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,217 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

I’m not selling at this time, but I hope to be back selling in Bonanza by March’s last week. I have so much to downsize, I will not actually be able to sell it all, of this I’m sure, so I also have to go thru’ things to simply give away. If for some reason that peaks your interest, let me know or go to my booth later today for DETAILS, as I will be listing For Reseller a Flat Rate Priority Medium Box, FILLED with items to ReSell, they are not there now, they will be there later today or by tomorrow. . .
Well, it’s Tuesday and Another ‘’snow day’’ for Brooklyn Schools, they base such on whether or not all the sidewalks have been shoveled by the city workers, and because they have not, then they close the schools here.
I remember walking miles and miles in snowing and even blizzard conditions, because the busses were so full, they’d pass us by, so we’d walk to the next bus stop, which was quite away aways…I remember more than once, I ended up walking all the way to high school, and got there in time for 3rd period, which that alone should tell you how far my Alma Mater was from where my journey started. I had to take 2 busses to high school, 1st bus was NEVER over-crowded even on the worst of blizzard days, but the 2nd set of running busses were on Lorain, a main street that went all the way to downtown Cleveland, I got off before that, because of where our school was located, about 5 to 7 minutes drive time from downtown.
These kids are wimps compared to us when we were kids…and by the way, in those days, NO sidewalks were shoveled unless the persons who lived in house beyond that would shovel their sidewalks along with their driveway, and they seldom did so in those days way back when. . .

An aside and sharing…

I saw this young one on America’s Got Talent as I was channel surfing…singing
(This is My) ‘’Fight Song’’. . . she blew me away, wow. . .enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUCoLuy88ho

‘’…cuz I still got a lotta’ fight left in me…’’ brought me to tears. . .
See what Howie Mandell does for her. . .

Anyway….Dearies, this week’s phrase is. . .

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,549 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

Dee or anyone, here are sample looks of 1912 era hats I’m trying to create for my Titanic party in April
Any suggestions or product you might have available for me to buy greatly appreciated.
I have the starter big brim has. Seems painting a straw hat properly can get me to the right color.
I am looking for a purple on the red side with flourishes of all kinds. Feathers, flowers, mesh, tulle or whatever my crafty friends might suggest. Shoes are black so I’m thinking black, bone, gray, ivory combination on the purple or maybe beige hat
more sample

Don’t be bashful, crafty one, I very open to suggestions.
One hat I have is lots like the one woman in yellow is wearing in last picture

Just realized I have a small black hat from the 20’s with no adorment that might work, too.
Help please.
BTW, dress I intend to wear is a redish purple lace kimono style dress that I could belt. I am so NOT creative but have ideas…lol

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,372 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

Word lists are due TONIGHT.

Look what I read:
Bonanza Cofounder Departs Covertly
Bonanza co-founder Mark Dorsey quietly left the company 2 weeks ago and is selling his shares in the company. He declined to provide details about the circumstances surrounding his departure, and Bonanza founder and CEO Bill Harding did not respond to our inquiries on Tuesday . . .
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2019/01/23/bonanza-cofounder-departs-covertly/

I have lots of snow to shovel and it is still snowing.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,217 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

Wow, Bette, about Mark Dorsey leaving Bonanza. . .it’s a bit of a shock, but in life the what is CONSTANT the Very Most, IS Change. . .life changes us, for sure, Hopefully he leaves on Good Terms w/Bill, but even if not, I always will wish WELL and SUCCESSFULNESS in Life, Love, Happiness to ALL People, including Mark. . .

Yes the snow is still coming down but not as much as the past week . . . in fact we had some sunshine yesterday and rising temps and it melted a lot of the snow…we had the HIGHEST drifts since we moved here…but those are lower now. . .all this according to hubby, as I can only see so much outside…from the large living room area window.

I am feeling terribly overwhelmed, but I’ll push through this with God’s help . . .
I am realizing I have too much stock and not enough time to try to sell and/or pack up and give away to some charities, I’m thinking of hiring a gal half my age to help me…I’m also going to try selling for wholesale or below wholesale pricing just to make SOME monies from all the crafts, sewing, and quilting supplies I’ve accumulated since I was very very very young. . .
I also figure what doesn’t get done, just doesn’t get done….when it comes to downsizing my crafts/sewing supplies…

IS ABOVE MY AGE

….and now for a smile or a laugh or two!….

don’t know why but this really cracked me up. . . LOLOL!

Love to each of you!
Dee

P.S….Pullease Remember. . . Take care of YOU….for example:
Chocolate comes from Cocoa, which comes from a plant, therefore chocolate is a salad. Each more salads! Again, it’s Science! LOL!

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,360 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

Mission accomplished! Sent my list. 500+ words; 7 + letters, all starting with a vowel a – e – i- o -u.

Somehow, I think maybe the direction and goals of the site may no longer have been Mark’s goals and direction.

I liked – and do like – him a lot.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,372 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

The snow finally stopped. Between the other day and today, I think I shoveled 10 inches of snow.

Hoping tomorrow, the roads will be good to travel and to do some shopping after work. We will be getting a cold snap and I want to hunker down for the weekend and work on new listings.

Fletcher went out for a short time, but I think how cold it was, was too much for him.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,549 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

And today was upper 30’s here but to get back below freezing the rest of the week. Snow almost all melted after a heavy rain last night.
Weather? Go figure

My list was just sent.
Better late than never, I hope.

Off to watch some TV
Have a good evening, everyone.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,372 total posts | Posted 24 days ago

Game Stats

4 Total Players
2000 Total words from all the players
500 Average word lists

5+, 6+, 7+ letter word lists
Bette’s word lists ending in suffixes
Carolyn’s word lists, words starting with vowels.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,370 total posts | Posted 24 days ago

Thank you for hosting, Bette!

We had a dusting of snow overnight. Temps are 10 degrees warmer this morning at 27*F. The weather report said parts of Wisconsin are in the 20’s BELOW zero. I think “cold snap” might be an understatement, Bette!
Those hats look like lots of fun, Joyce, but also lots of work! Maybe check you local thrift shop to see if they have artificial flowers for a low price. After Memorial Day the cemeteries may have artificial flowers that are collected during their cleanup that are just thrown away, you could check with your city workers.
Dee, love the cat in the boat! Not sure I would take a cat in an inflatable though.
You set amazing word challenges, Carolyn!

Abrafox's booth
Page
1 2 >
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »