Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ April 22 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ April 22 2019 ► ► ► 44 posts 8 voices

Page
< 1 2

Posted by selah55, Canada. 1,695 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

congrats on that sale!

selah55's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,489 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s phrase is

I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I HAVE NOT YET OFFENDED. PLEASE BE PATIENT,
I WILL GET TO YOU SHORTLY.

A5, B, D3, E12, F2, G2, H2, I7, K, L7, N5, O11,
P3, R, S2, T9, U2, V, W2, Y4, Z

Congratulations on a sale, Charlotte.

• Remember that gal that wanted me to make an offer of 3 of tops. Last week she made an offer of $15 less plus free shipping of $8. Oh no.
    Well, this morning, this gal purchased all 3 tops plus another one. I just had to refund $5. for combined shipping. YEAH. And I had another gal that purchased an expensive top. YES YES YES.
  • It’s a good start for my last fuel oil bill.
  • The past couple of days have been bad with Scat. I had to syringe her and she still meowed. This morning, she was dead. I am so relieved to have her gone. I was able to get the bathroom cleaned up. No more “tent in front of the vent home”, no water dish or food dish, no more worries if there is a turd here or there that could get stepped on in the middle of the night, no more smell, no more of her tail dragging ? ? ? on the floor, no more buying baby food for her. I feel bad that I am happy she is gone, but I just didn’t like that cat.
  • My oldest sister decided to get a new kitty. It’s been a year since Crabby Puss died and she went to the shelter and got a 2 year boy kitty, JoJo. JoJo was brought in because he didn’t get along with other cats in the house so my sister will only have him.

I feel good today. A big release of “worries” are gone.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,454 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

No matter what, it still hurts, Bette!

I am so sorry.

Hugs.

Carolyn

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by selah53, Canada. 437 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

sorry guys – forgot to send my list on time…. never did finish it but at least I made an attempt

selah53's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,454 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

You can send it in late – we’re easy!

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,489 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Yesterday was nice outside. Blue is starting to become more accustom in being outside and where his yard is. Of course, Fletcher reminds him that he is the boss. Dottie would like to go outside and I am not ready for her yet.

Funny, that I don’t have Scat, but every time going to the bathroom, I slow down to see where she is and ready to hear that awful meow. I guess that is going to some time to get out of that habit. She has been dying for 3 years.

I had a hard time sitting to get work done, but I did get some yard work done while watching Blue hunt.

Getting ready for work.

Game Stats:

Game stats:

I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I HAVE NOT YET OFFENDED. PLEASE BE PATIENT,
I WILL GET TO YOU SHORTLY

4 Total Players
1683 Total words from all the players
421 Average word lists

Bette word list started with vowels and 6+ letter words
Carolyn 7+ letter words
Joyce words containing either K or Z

And I got Selah’s list too.

I am really really really tired of listing items.

Not the actual listing itself.

First of all, there’s the searching through all those itty bitty drawers to decide what I want to list.Very time consuming.

Then, taking their pictures – slow, but not overwhelming.

On to the research – that can be really devilish.

Checking other people’s prices for similar items – a real pain because so many of the listings don’t bother to tell you the item is actually cheap Chinese junk, badly-made….not the prices that are listed, but how much the item actually sold for!

(That one has gotten to be really difficult because sites, in the main, don’t give you that information any more.)

Making sure I have the right shipping supplies.

The last step before listing – remembering WHERE I put the items!

I’ve gotten over 60 items done, but it is exhausting and – very frankly – getting kind of boring.

As an example, how many different things can you say about a bead!!!

At one point a few years back, I joined a site so pathetic that the would-be sellers would – I’m absolutely serious now – list their item simply as “book,” or “craft” with no further explanation. Lousy pictures, too. Needless, the site is no longer up and running.

I’m off to read a book that is a delight – a mystery by Sandra Brown, called, “The Witness.” What’s really good is that I’m nearly half way through and I don’t have a clue whodunit – or even, what they did! Definitely a challenge.

I still need to get at least 10 more new items ready to list on eBay so that I can use all the free listings.

I didn’t want to go to the bathroom to grab some boxes for items that I just sold, because I would wake up Scat. But she’s not there.

I was in the bathroom and Alfalfa started to come in and he looked where Scat’s tent was. He would stare and not see it anymore, but he still walked around that spot before entering the bathroom.

This past month, I did good on getting through 7 bags of clothing and getting most of it listed, some went into thrift store bag and a recycle/upcycle bag. I DID GOOD! (patting my back) LOL

We’re suppose to get rain and then snow. And it sounds like the snow will be sticking. It’s already getting a bit cold and gloomy.

Fletcher and Blue were out for the afternoon when I got back from work. They caught a good size mole. When it was time to come in, the boys came and went in. Such good boys. Wait when I add Dottie, Alfalfa and Little Girl to the outside mix. I have a funny feeling that there will be some trouble getting those 3 in since they were born with their freedom to run.

I’m sitting here at my computer, using a business card from one of last year’s exhibitors at a local judged cat show.

She sells Bengal cats, and they’re beautiful.

I think I’ll call her tomorrow to see if that cat show will be held nearby this year – and hoping I didn’t miss it.

The fellow who lives upstairs has a girl friend who has Maine Coon cats, and whenever they go away, I get to cat sit them. I love them, too – but they do get big and heavy.They’re really friendly.

When my husband and i bought our house 50 years ago, would you believe we didn’t have a door key! Nobody ever broke in to the house.

There was a wonderful Maine Coon Cat who lived in the front hallway – an enormous room with a fireplace, a little alcove with g3nches and a stained glass window. Nobody knew who owned him; he just …kinda’ lived there. He was fun.

I’m missing my cats so much. Every time my daughter and go go shopping, I buy cat food and cat litter for her three; I’m just in the habit, I guess.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,441 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

You’ve been super busy Bette and Carolyn! Working on costumes for the ballet and have fake fur fibers all over the floor, floating around and all over me! Forgot one color of fabric so have to drive back to Hobby Lobby (25 miles one way) to get 6" of it for piglet’s tail. But it is a good excuse to stop for lunch on the way.

Abrafox's booth

So, okay, I did 51 new listings – all posted and all. But you know what? It’s sort of like going to one of those diners that pile too much food on your plate, and once you’ve stuffed yourself, the plate still looks full.

Well that’s what my craft room looks like.

All those listings done and put away, but the room doesn’t look like I made a dent in it!

Now if I’d been smart before I decided to list items on the internet, I would have chosen big stuff – or as the president says – bigly – stuff.

A couple of giraffes, or hippopotami, or even a family of gorillas — If I sold one, you’d really see the difference in the room!

Ah, well.

Posted by selah52, Canada. 265 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Carolyn I actually prefer small items :)

I have more than 6,000 spoons and they only take up 2 shelves in my office. All the bigger stuff goes into the basement and it’s a pain to have to go down there…. not to mention that the big stuff doesn’t sell well as a whole as shipping is way more. If it wasn’t for all the hard work in taking pics and listing I would just dump it all and only sell small items… but I hate to think of all my efforts being for not :D

but to each his own I guess :)

selah52's booth

I cannot imagine keeping track of 6,000 different tiny things!

They are easier – for me, at least – to lose than, say, a saber-tooth tiger, or a triceratops…….. (Course, when it comes to packing for shipping, spoons – and beads – are definitely the way to go!

Page
< 1 2