Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ May 27 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ May 27 2019 ► ► ► 36 posts 10 voices

Page
1 2 >
Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,522 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

NO LIFE IS WITHOUT DIFFICULTIES.
NO GARDEN IS WITHOUT WEEDS

A, C, D3, E5, F3, G, H2, I8, L2, N3, O4,
R, S4, T5, U3, W3

Players
Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Joyce
Selah Received
Emily Received

This Memorial Weekend is the community rummage sales.
I stopped at a church one to find any goodies. I found some jewelry for crafting and some clothing.

Worse part is that it rained. Uuggghhhh!

I had planned on weeding at a clients home until the rain and then late afternoon it cleared up. I managed to get 4 hours of weeding done and the back hill side is almost done with the exception of 4 feet.

Tomorrow, hopefully it will be sunny and back to start weeding around the house.

Posted by selah52, Canada. 265 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

weeding…. yuck – busy doing that myself.

I have determined to make time to do the word challenge this week.

see you all later :)

selah52's booth

Happy Memorial Weekend.

Everyone keep safe during this time.

I remember years ago, before my mom’s friend died, that I would leave EARLY Thursday or Friday morning to get drive to Ely Minnesota. I would spend 3 days, including travel to do my mom’s friends garden and then go to Tower to take care of my mom’s grave. It was around 10 hours of traveling time.

This week’s game phrase is

R, S4, T5, U3, W3

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,634 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

I LOVE the phrase. We can ALL relate.

R, S4, T5, U3, W3

Mother-in-law back out of hospital and in her assisted living apartment. She is much happier each time they get her kidney and heart meds back into balance. She’s probably good for another 3 weeks. That has been the pattern

………………………..

Now I am off to exercise my brain.

No R is a real challenge.

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,627 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

Hello, hello, hello to all of you! Long time no see! So sorry to have been away for too long. I think of you all often and even peek in at the thread sometimes to see what’s happening, but sadly haven’t had “quality time” to participate in posting or playing much lately.

First of all, Joyce there IS an R. The word garden contains one, so please don’t challenge your brain cells any harder than they have to be challenged.

I received an absolutely gorgeous handmade creation from Dee last week and I’m going to try to post it for you all to see. It is a tissue box holder that she crafted with lovely scraps and papers and embellishments and all four sides plus the top are different. Each side has a seasonal theme (I’m just showing the Spring side) and all sides have pink roses incorporated in some form. I hope you all can see it…I absolutely LOVE it and thank you from the bottom of my heart, Dee. You are such a treasure!

Here it is:

https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Gift-from-Dee/721477562

Hope you are all well as can be and will enjoy some bit of relaxation this weekend. I do intend to play this time and have gotten off to a good start. Will report back later!

mrsdinkerson's

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,627 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

Looks like I will have to wait until my booth goes LIVE again in order for the image to appear. Sorry.

mrsdinkerson's

Hello there, Em! Great to see you.
Yes, I had a lot of brain exercise done and went to check there were no R’s in my list and the only one that showed up was the one in the phrase. Now I can complete my list including R’s

PHRASE THIS WEEK
R, S4, T5, U3, W3

I am bafflked how I cut and pasted phrase and letters and no R showed in my letter list. Hummmmm. How in the world???

Posted by selah56, Regina, Canada. 254 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

hey guys :) I managed to find some time to do the challenge [due to rain lol] all words starting with i – sending it now

selah56's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,484 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

Lots of really great words starting with “i” this week, aren’t there!

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by selah51, Regina, Canada. 243 total posts | Posted 24 days ago

iconic, intelligent, interesting words :)

selah51's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,522 total posts | Posted 24 days ago

This week’s game phrase is:

R, S4, T5, U3, W3

I wanted to share one of my finds. F A B R I C !

Yes, crazy cat lady fabric. LOL

Yesterday, it was a nice day except for 1/2 hour of rain in the morning. I managed to do another 4 hours of weeding at the clients home.

The boys had fun outside yesterday. Blue and Fletcher

PS This garden is being dismantled but I didn’t want to take the lilies out yet.

And, I have a problem with the truck. 2 weeks ago, there was a thud, and couldn’t find anything. Last week I had where the engine shut off the battery light went on. The battery is good. Yesterday, again the battery light went on and the engine shut off. (Thank goodness I could restart the truck). I was going to go to the other neighbor that does engine work and then I thought it’s the holiday’s so I’ll wait for Tuesday and see if he can look at it.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,634 total posts | Posted 24 days ago

Good morning! Good morning!

Yes, Selah, I see great “I” words. I, however, have all my words starting with “S”
shindig, sandwiches, seedling, sanctifies, snowfall

But I just noticed there is only a single “A”
I am now going through and eliminating any word with more than a single “A”.
I turned this into a bigger brain exercise than was intended.

………

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,484 total posts | Posted 24 days ago

I had a lot of trouble with A words, too — too many of them.

Just sent in my list revised, corrected.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,448 total posts | Posted 24 days ago

I was going to say good morning but then POOF it was all gone and no Bonanza at all!

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,484 total posts | Posted 24 days ago

My Italian relatives who live in Buffalo call them “sangwiches” – I don’t know if that’s regional or first generation English-speaking!

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,522 total posts | Posted 23 days ago

R, S4, T5, U3, W3

Mowed one more time.

I manage to take 370 pictures of items to list FOR MY SISTER. She has all these Boyds Bear figurines and other items.

eBay gave us 500 Free Listings (not sure what they are up to) but I will use them. I have 100 items already listed. Then I cancelled listings with 5 days left and those will be relisted.
I am trying to get my sister’s items ready to list, but I need to find boxes. There is a small grouping of 3D porcelain flowers.

Trying to get all these items done while it’s nice outside. There is to be rain again.

HUGE tick was on Fletcher. And I found a pin head tick on my arm. First time I have seen a tick that small. Then I was having pain at the waistband. While looking, I had another tick that really did a number. I hope I got him, but trying to see over “the girls” and tweezering it. I think some of the pain is that I tweezered my skin too.

The neighbor that I mow her lawn for stopped by. I was surprised that she gave me advance payment through July.

Carolyn, How about SAMwiches. That I have heard of.

Hopefully, Tuesday, I can get a hold of the neighbor or the farmer that does mechanical work and check what is going on with my truck.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,484 total posts | Posted 23 days ago

And let’s not forget: sammiches!

I found something kind of interesting that may or not be useful to you if you are doing something that requires you to count letters and spacers:

It’s a free website called: LetterCount.Com.

Free online letter/character count, complete with little blocks to fill in.

Sometimes you need it for creating classified ads, where – here, at any rate, there is a base rate of 30 characters per line. Every character and letter and space starts a new 30 line.

If you want a border, that’s a whole line, too.

Since classified ads are charged a daily fee, it call all add up.

It always puzzles me when I read an ad that says: 2br mb lr dr w/d

(translation: 2 bedrooms, master bedroom, living room, dining room, washer/dryer.)

I’m getting ready to help Eileen sell some furniture – vintage Birds Eye Maple, and it just seems to me that some of those words really need to be spelled out – even if it costs more money!

Bette, nice when someone pays you in advance – especially when you really really need the money now!

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,282 total posts | Posted 22 days ago

Joyces posts cracked me up, but glad there at last was/is an ’’r’’ for you! The ’’sammiches’’ reference made me laugh too…I remember my cousin could not pronounce spaghetti, and she used to call it bahskettee…
((((((((Em)))))))) You’re most welcomed HoneyGal! Thanks for Blessing My Life!
Glad you popped in, always nice to have you pop in on us…
Selah…….always Good to see you, too, hon!

We have a TON of rabbits running around our neighborhood…hubby and I cannot recall seeing so many rabbits since we’ve moved here in 2006…which reminds me…
Hoping You, Joyce and your hubby too are loving living in your new home!

I’m making my cousin a Seasonal Tissue box, but I ran out of the scroll and seasonal words on each scroll, but thank goodness, Graphic 45 gives ya’ more than only one fussy cut to use. . . she’s in Colorado and it’s been years since I last saw her…we used to email a lot, but then she got a job and I started to sell on eBay, again, and then we reconnected when FaceBook became more well known and more popular. . .
I miss my cousins, many of whom are in Heaven’s Realm now. . .many of us were very close as our parents used to do a lot of get togethers every weekend seems we were visiting this one, that one or the other…some MORE than only weekends, like my cousins Jimmy, Donna, Mario and my Aunt Mary and Uncle Laurence who were liken to a second mom and dad, as they lived across the street from us…and Sammy and Joey, Ivalee, Manley, Buddy, and Charlene, whom we visited many many times, as my dad and his two brothers would get together and play guitar, banjo, ukulele, and Sammy and Joey were learning drum and guitar…plus they had a piano down their basement, I was fascinated by a house that big with a basement as where we lived was considered poverty level, no basement, and it was called ‘’the projects’’ of Brooklyn OH., which was housing developed right after the war for soldiers and their family to live without having to pay too much in rent…life is often so coincidental. . .our daughter and her 2 live in Brooklyn Acres, (No longer called the projects) and they live right next door to where we once lived as a family of six, with 3 bedrooms a living room and a kitchen and a utility room right off the kitchen…I have so many wonderful memories from those days gone by . . .we might have been impoverished, but we had lots of fun times and my cousins whom I saw a lot…were as important and close to me as my own 2 big sisters and my little brother was…now there’s only Bennie and I left our 2 sisters are gone to God…as are our parents, many many many of our cousins, and all of our aunt and uncles except for 1 aunt. My dad had 12 brothers and sisters, my mom had 2 brothers and a sister whom we never knew as she died as a child, on the ship coming over from Italy…well I’m rattling on too much…
Take care and have a WONDERFUL Week. . . BE Safe, there are a LOT of Tornadoes all across the nation! OH had an awful one in Dayton, I pray for the victims of such!

This Week’s Phrase Is:

R, S4, T5, U3, W3

Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,522 total posts | Posted 22 days ago

R, S4, T5, U3, W3

Tried calling the 2 different mechanics to see if I could get the truck. No call from one, the other one just had hip replacement, but he had a young man that he worked with might be able to do it. Hopefully, tonight or tomorrow I will get a call and get that truck fixed.

Gloomy and damp outside. Fletcher and Blue had fun outside. I went to spot check them and Fletcher came running to me, but no Blue. I spot him on the back side of the yard, crouch in front of the lilies of the valley. I knew he was watching a chipmunk. The next time I looked out in the yard, Fletcher is playing with a chipmunk and Blue was trying to get close to it. I know that Blue caught it and Fletcher stole it. Then again, I saw Blue on the back side of the yard. AND again, Fletcher was playing with a smaller chipmunk and Blue caught it. Blue came with me for a treat and Fletcher got none since he pigged out on 2 chipmunks.

Just before it gets dark, I have a family of Canadian geese come from the back field, down through my yard and across the road to the pasture.

I have been working on the boxes of items that my sister gave me to sell on eBay. I have been grouping and getting them boxed so that I can weigh them. So far, 9 groupings, (18 boyds bears) and still have others that may get grouped or sold singly.
I was hoping for the truck to done so that I could see if I could get smaller boxes. My sister has these 3D porcelain bells and flowers and such. I have until tomorrow to use up the extra free ebay listings.

Need to get back to work.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,484 total posts | Posted 22 days ago

Well, Bette, just hold off a couple of days, and eBay will be back with another huge, humongous number of free listings – I rather think they aren’t doing too well.

I’ve been pulling together listings for do-it-yourself Crazy Quilting projects – everything but directions (you’re on your own there), and it is exceedingly time consuming, I actually find it relaxing and satisfying to do, so, that’s a plus.

As the price of shipping goes up, I rather think sales will decrease even farther – especially since all of the sites are now really pushing hard for us to offer free shipping.

Posted by selah53, Canada. 443 total posts | Posted 21 days ago

I’m depressed… the last time I got a 500 free listing offer from ebay was February 18th. Most of those unsold listings will soon expire. I really need to learn how to do CSV listings so that I can upload without all the hard work having to be repeated.

I remember a few years ago when they were giving 1,000 – 3,000 – 5,000 free listing sprees all the time…. those were the days :(

Busy planting my garden so I’m not around much…. but nice to see you all

selah53's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,484 total posts | Posted 21 days ago

Talk to Bette – she’s our Relisting Queen!

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,634 total posts | Posted 21 days ago

Carolyn, relaxation is wherever we can find it. Good for you.

Bette, do hope you get that truck back up and running.

Selah, know we’ll always be here.

I find this interesting and seems to be a real picture

Mamma duck with about 6 dozen ducklings in her trail
Here’s the story
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/science/merganser-ducklings-photo.html
…………….

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,627 total posts | Posted 21 days ago

Just wanted to tell Bette that I love seeing the boys outside! I had been wishing for new cat pictures and voila! Sorry to hear that Fletcher is such a bully to Blue…stealing his chipmunks and all. But that’s the way things go in the animal kingdom. SOMEone has to be the top cat. And Fletcher is Mama’s boy for sure! lol

I was able to make a list this week and sent it a couple days ago. Made me feel quite normal…to be able to have some down time to play the game again, I mean. Back to reality though and on my one day off this week am helping hubby get a new hot water heater installed. Yippeeeeee.

Glad to see you, too, Dee! Stay safe over there with all this wicked weather lately. In fact ALL of you stay safe. So many storms, flooding, etc. Crazy Spring.

mrsdinkerson's

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,522 total posts | Posted 21 days ago

Game stats:

5 Total of Players
2,156 Total words from all the players
431 Average word lists

Emily with the longest word list of 605 words
Most done a 6+ letter word challenge
Selah’s word list started with
I

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,522 total posts | Posted 21 days ago

Blue was hunting for chipmunks and Fletcher watching for his catch.

I did have my truck looked at and exchanged the serpentine belt and there were wires that were rubbing underneath the cab that has to cleaned up. There may be something else wrong but have to see after driving it for a while. He thought the code looked like I got some contaminated gas.

I did manage to get 39 items of my sisters stuff listed and I am finishing relisting items.

Joyce: I am not a relisting queen.
I just watch my P’s & Q’s with eBay and all the new policies. I think Selah wants to do a CVS file and I haven’t taken time to learn that.

Page
1 2 >