Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ Sept 16 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ Sept 16 2019 ►  ► ► 27 posts 5 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,677 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman

Winners

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,677 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

divinefabricsnmore Donated these prizes

A Double Sided Scrubby

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

FULL MOON WISHES WHATEVER YOU WISH FOR I WISH FOR YOU TOO,
AND PRAY THAT YOUR HOPES, DREAMS AND WISHES COME TRUE

A6, C, D3, E8, F3, H7, I5, L2, M3, N3, O11, P2, R7,
S8, T5, U5, V, W5, Y4

Players

Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Joyce
Selah

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,488 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good morning! A chilly 44*F here this morning. Lots of baking and housework scheduled for today. Not really motivated, but it needs to be done.

Here’s the new game phrase:

S8, T5, U5, V, W5, Y4

• Storms early this morning.
  • I spent part of the day, picking up construction debris.
    Uncovered a ground bee nest and got stung a couple of times.
    Worked around them. Tomorrow morning, I am going to try to see if I can get rid of them.
  • Was able to get my lawn mowed. YEAH BUT, I found ground bees next to my garage. I was able to get rid of them.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,697 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I’m having a weird kind of computer trouble – Michael can fix it, but he won’t be able to do so until Monday.

Right now, I’m – obviously – on the internet. If I sign off, I won’t be able to get back on.

Hope Bette either posts the phrase tonight – or calls me with the letters. The weekend is my best time to work on WFC. (I remember once Joyce had to do that for me – or did I do it for her – or did we have two incidents? Can’t remember.

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,697 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Nice selection of letters, Bette. My fingers can’t fly over the keyboard as quickly as my brain registers words.

Still having a strange problem with my computer. Keeps popping up the message, this is an unauthorized version. Given the fact that it was factory installed when I bought the computer several years ago, seems a bit strange.

However, since it might totally collapse before Michael can work his magic, I’m plodding along with WFC.

Sent my list to Better just now – no telling if the computer will stay on for the ext day or two. I have everything all ready, though for next week!

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,350 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Egad…I have gone through one H. E. Double Hockey Sticks, this Week, but I Strived to stay Strong…I have never ever been given so MUCH incorrect information when it come to outreaching to the medical field.
I was told by my ’’main’’ doctor I probably could get ‘’in home health care’’ and that a doctor (and possibly, a nurse or physician’s assistant) would be covered under the GM Aetna/Medicare Insurance we have…talk about the run around…all this started MONTHS ago, and every time I was given info’ and I would telephone a follow up, I would find out that I was being given the wrong information. Mind you, I called more than ONE Aetna/Medicare Rep., yet I kept getting the WRONG info’. . .
then I found out the request they told me that I must make to my regular doctor, which I did, NEVER was followed thru’ by my doctor’s staff…LONGEST story shorter, on Monday I will be calling a specific doctor who supposedly does do in home care 2x a year, or 3x a year. . .this was something I was told this past week by ANOTHER Aetna/Medicare Rep., well we shall see…because I refuse to go on any MORE meds than I already take, and my legs are bad, but I’m not going to let them amputate my legs or feet, I told her that all I want is someone who would agree to write me a DNR., and someone who will be willing to refill the meds I now take, and someone who will not insist I go on any more meds of any kind, for any reason, exception being, if I’m dying, I’d like some Mercy, and have them put me on a Morphine drip. . .I remember being my dad and mom’s medical advocate, and I did get a few glitches or bumps in the road, but not as many as I have been putting up with for the last few months…Gheeeeeees I’m not asking for too much! I want correct info’ and a Kinder kind of Merciful cooperation…

Thanks for letting me air…I did have a good cry about this the other day. . .because the telephone number of what the last rep gave me turned out to be the wrong
health care services, they didn’t even take Aetna/Medicare and they do not service the west side of Cleveland. . .let’s hope the rep I talked to Friday DID give me all the right info’ ~ I will soon find out, Monday, wish me luck!

This Week’s Phrase:

S8, T5, U5, V, W5, Y4

Meanwhile here’s some laughs…

Take Care, Dearies! LPJ! Dee

Oh, Dee, you really don’t need this kind of aggravation. This is out of hand. Do you have an Office for the Aging? Is there an Ombudsman’s Program where you are?

I don’t know if I can help you or not, but tell me where you live – not just the state, but what county. Also tell me your age. (Do it by email; you don’t need the information to be aired on the internet.) Also what are your actual health issues.

Let me see if I can find you a person or service in your area who knows how to access what you need.

After I retired from the Health Department, I went on contract to the office for the Aging, and worked with people who needed the kinds of information you need, so maybe I can have them tap into what’s available where you are.

I am reminded of a story Mother Teresa wrote in her diaries. She, too, suffered from so many health problems. She was very devout. One thing I especially recall that she wrote was – this is a paraphrase – Dear God, I know you will never send me more that I can bear – but I wish you didn’t have so much faith in me!

This week’s game phrase is:

S8, T5, U5, V, W5, Y4

Dee, I am so sorry about what is going on your health. I pray that you can find the necessary help.
I have been looking at the DNR’s and there are print outs on the internet. ((((DEE)))) )))))DEE(((((
Dee, hugs and fluffing.

I had a long day yesterday of some traveling with my nephew and then dinner and talking. Last night I showed him the changes to the garden and then . . . . .
I saw the butterflies coming in. There was already a grouping on some of the branches on the maple tree. More were coming in. My nephew couldn’t believe these butterflies coming in and landing on the branches. AND
there were even more than the night before. It’s hard to take pictures without a better zoom/or zoom lens that can get high in the trees. I can see the butterflies, but with their wings closed, the pictures don’t show what I am seeing. This morning I was trying to get pictures, but a good grouping were scattered among the other trees. I did get some that were playing in the pine trees.

This morning I made another trip to the neighbor’s to dump some more soapy water over the ground bees.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,350 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

(((((((Carolyn)))))))))) We have to stick with Aetna/Medicare, and go strictly by their rules, hon, otherwise our meds and exams will not be covered. I have not gotten in touch with an Ombudsman, because although they are impartial and are often used to solve the almost unsolvable…Hubby and I still have our full faculties and we know EXACTLY what we are entitled to, it’s all in the paperwork from Aetna we have sent to us yearly. . .I don’t want MORE people to have to deal with, I want less. . .I’m tired, and I’m very very ill. . .I want to make the least amount of phone call, I want to not hear myself repeat the same old same old over and over again, not one more person…I’m very very ill, and I’m tired, very tired…to be in front of me, you’d NOT know this…because I strive to keep my Spiritual Joy in Front of me and on my face and in my eyes, and in my attitude…I even made the last rep laugh at this dilemma I had to repeat to her….and I laughed, myself, too . . . According to Aetna/Medicare (((((((Bette))))))…I have to have my doctor sign a DNR…I knew you could get one from the internet, so I printed one out already, in fact I have 3 … But thanks Dearies…Monday’s tomorrow and we shall see…NO matter what I continue to Count my Blessings and Thank God for every single person, animal, or thing I Do know is a Gift from Above! Take Care (((((((Bette))))))) and ((((((Carolyn)))))) thanks again!

This Week’s Phrase:
FULL MOON WISHES WHATEVER YOU WISH FOR I WISH FOR YOU TOO, AND PRAY THAT YOUR HOPES, DREAMS AND WISHES COME TRUE
S8, T5, U5, V, W5, Y4

Fact: You Weigh LESS When There’s a Full Moon! Except me, I Never weigh less, LOLOLOL!

This Week’s Phrase:

S8, T5, U5, V, W5, Y4

A lot of the butterflies hung around the pine and maple trees today. There are more monarch that came back tonight.

I got lucky and a group of them were on a lower branch that I was able to get a better picture. There are groups in different and higher areas in the maple trees.

I could spent the day outside with these guys.

I have a word for you. It’s not for this week’s WFC, though.

The word is FLIBBERTIGIBBET. It’s a great word. (It’s in the dictionary, too.)

You’ll be glad you checked it out.

I found it on the last page of the Medieval mystery I just finished reading. It’s one of a series featuring an absolutely delightful and kind Welsh monk named Brother Cadfael.

S8, T5, U5, V, W5, Y4

Butterflies took off this morning. We will see if they come back tonight.

Looks like it wants to rain. Sort of heavy air and gray.

Getting ready to go down to the farm and do some more debris removal.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,708 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

My Oh! my! I feel for you, (((Dee)))
Medical needs are not pleasant and I know first hand as well. Trying to help with M-I-L’s needs and also ONE of my own. Our insurance system is so NOT RIGHT. We truly need a new method OR a new system totally. kind of a “do over” Worse part is it is all of us oldies but smarties TRYING to work through it mostly to little avail.

Hoping you get some help today, Dee, that will make your life a bit more comfortable with proper care and all the assistance you need.

Bette, like you said I am sure I could spend the day watching and being amazed with the monarchs in your yard. Simply beautiful. Awesome!
By the way, did you know a bunch of butterflies is referred to as a kaleidoscope? Some use the word swarm but most common for a group or mass of butterflies is a kaleidoscope. Thought inquiring minds might like to know

Off now to work on the fun phrase.
I was in awe at our Fri 13th Full moon.

I’ve never heard the phrase: a kaleidoscope of butterflies" but I really like it! Thanks for sharing, Joyce.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,488 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Oh, Dee, sending love and good thoughts your way! Just dealing with the insurance is bad enough even when well!

Love the butterfly pictures, Bette!

A kaleidoscope is what they look like.

Still time to play.

This Week’s Phrase:

S8, T5, U5, V, W5, Y4

Not a Monarch butterfly around.
I must of been a stop over for a few days.
Something to remember

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,708 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good Tuesday morning, all.

Carolyn, my curious mind wanted to know…lol
So, I asked Google what a “bunch” of butterflies is called and “kaleidoscope” was my answer. I thought it very fitting as Charlotte said “that is what they look like”.

I’m sure you are right, Bette, about your yard being the stopover point.

Having fun with the phrase using all first letter “P” words this week. I’;m at 100 after only a short while of exercising. Finding often change a single letter and get a totally different word. Example: paddled, peddled, piddled, puddled. Liked those words especially as I used all 3 D’s in all of those4 words. How a mind works….sometimes surprising.

I recall from back when I did an all P list, that it was incredibly easy. Course, it all depends of what choice of letters we have available – but I think this is a good one with a wide range of possible words.

Prognosis is a good word. So is prediction.

Enjoy, Joyce!

Carolyn, amazing how much alike we think. Guess no surprise that prediction is on my list BUT NO PROGNOSIS missing the G
I’ll share lots of my words appear in the mysteries I read/have read. One word is plainclothesman It just jumped out at me. Perpendicular for some reason just came to mind. Already on my list is pterodactyl as a good “P” word.

QUESTION
Why is the Word Find Challenge sign at the top post all blurry?

S8, T5, U5, V, W5, Y4

Word lists are due TONIGHT

Wednesday
I’ll be sending my list before deadline.
However I won’t be around over the next several days.
Heading north to help a friend and see my family.
I’ will return hopefully in time to exercise next week.

Joyce, I’m hostessing the next WFC. If you’d like, I can email you the phrase and letter count, because you may well have some down time. (I’ve got it ready already!) Just let me know. Carolyn

Yes, please, Carolyn.
Not sure of downtime.
BUT as a girl scout the motto is be prepared.
Thanks
Off now to send this weeks list.

Have a good evening, friends.

Game Stats

4 Total Players
2000 Total words from all the players
500 Average word lists

6+ or 7+ letter word lists were sent in.
Emily’s word list has words started with vowels.