A Guide to Ttreasure in California
California is Brimming with History…and with TREASURE!
So, the latest treasure story you’ve heard – The Oldster on your neighborhood corner…your buddies on the Treasure Forum online – They’ve managed to get your blood on fire and your heart racing! The lure of lost and forgotten treasure is like laughter. It is better than medicine and good for the soul!
The lure of treasure (in one form or another) has attracted and fascinated man since before the dawn of recorded history. As you meander through the pages of this book, you are entitled to every shred of fantastic visions that you can muster…as well as desire to scratch your ideas and plans on a cave wall somewhere, just like our Ancestors of old.
Use this book as a starting point for your research. Your manual. And a bit like your best friend. Research, plan, and ready your spirit for success! And remember, like so many things in life, it is not the end result…the hidden treasure…the pot of gold…that make you a success. The journey itself is its own reward!
California’s history is rich in tales of outlaw caches, stolen loot, lost mines, and other richly rewarding treasures. Border to border, this book recounts many of these stories for you to both enjoy is a leisure read, and as a serious research reference. Thomas Penfield, noted writer of legends and treasure, has compiled a wealth of information on almost forgotten treasures waiting to be found in the California wilderness. Each account is filled with facts for the professional and want-to-be treasure hunter.
This totally reworked 3rd Edition of A Guide to Treasure in California contains maps and photographs to enhance the stories within, as well as larger type to make reading easier.
For more information on this and many other books on Treasure Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gold Prospecting, and Ghost Town Hunting, go to our website at
Buy with confidence from a Trusted Seller
Terms and Conditions.
- We make every effort to provide the buyer with fast and efficient service, and take this responsibility to heart.
- Once a bid has been placed, it is a legally binding contract of purchase
- Payment must be received within 4 working days of purchase, however if this is not possible, please let us know to discuss solutions.
- If payment is not received within 7 days of purchase then a Non Paying Buyer Dispute will be filed, and 10 days later a final fee credit lodged
- You will be notified on the day that your goods have been despatched via e-mail
- Once you receive your goods, please inspect them for any damage during transit, and report the said damage within 24hrs via e-mail. If all is well please leave positive feedback, so we are aware that you have received your goods. Please note that if there are any problems, contact us first via e-mail giving full details of any problem along with your user ID prior to leaving negative feedback.
- 10 days after we have shipped your order, if we have not been notified by you of any problem, or received feedback, we will send a feedback reminder.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that payment is received in the due time as listed above.
- Payment is expected via PayPal. If other types of payment are preferred, please email us prior to bidding.
- All media goods are sent via USPS Media Mail. If a different shipping mode is preferred, extra charges will apply.
- Goods will be shipped within 2-business days of cleared payment, subject to the conditions listed above.
- We accept no responsibility for goods delayed due to the services of USPS or other requested shipping methods.