Rendered at 18:01:05 04/24/18
Ice skate 001
Ice skate 001
Free Shipping

Antique The Brown Spring Ice Skate Co., Webster City, La.

$95.00

Shipping options

Ships in 3 business days Details
FREE in United States

Return policy

Full refund available within 30 days

Purchase protection

Payment options

Shipping options

Ships in 3 business days Details
FREE in United States

Return policy

Full refund available within 30 days

Purchase protection

Payment options

Item traits

Reviews:

Search Walmart

Category:

Antiques

Quantity Available:

Only one in stock, order soon

Condition:

Good - average wear

Listing details

Shipping discount:

Seller pays shipping for this item.

Posted for sale:

More than a week ago

Item number:

42237263

Item description

Google Search The Brown Spring Ice Skate Company by Martin E. Nass The Brown Spring Ice Skate Co., Webster City, La. The article continues, "There arose a question between Mr. Holt and the company as to the right of possession. Mr. Holt held a lease on the building. Mr. Brown, however, claimed that the lease was not holden owing to the fact that Mr. Holt had been delinquent in the matter of paying the rent." Both agreed to the decision of an arbitration board which allowed Brown to reclaim the building but pay Holt 100 for possession. The ice skate factory went into full production. The business was very successful and employed an average of 20 men. At this time the F. E. Brown family lived at 902 First Street. The son, William E., lived above the factory at 718 1/2 Second Street. Son Bernice R. worked in the skate factory, but William opened and operated the Buster Brown Drug Store at the southeast corner of Des Moines and Second Streets. This was most recently known as the Wayne Legore Drug Store. The building was torn down in 2001. A news article in the Webster City Daily News announced in 1904 that F. E. Brown and sons,Will and Bernie, expect to maintain an ice skating rink at the southeast corner of Des Moines and Division Streets. This site is now the location of the Church of Christ. Workmen erected a wooden board fence 8 feet tall around the rink. It is difficult to determine when the company ceased to exist. It was not listed in the city directory for 1926, but it had been included all years from 1903 to 1926. Mr. Brown died in his home on September 9, 1929. His wife, Sarah, had died the previous year. Both are buried in Graceland Cemetery. Mr. Brown had been a loyal member of the Winfield Scott Post, No. 66, G. A. R. and a member of the Elks Lodge of Webster City.
Spinner

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

By creating an account, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »