Relentless Simplicity - The Bonanza Blog
Welcome to the Bonanza Blog! Here you will find all the latest news about our online marketplace, with timely stories about how to get the most out of your selling online and effectively manage your online shop.
It's hard to believe that we are less than 3 weeks away from Cyber Monday and Black Friday. We have already noticed a steady bump in traffic and sales so all hands on deck! In keeping with tradition, we would like to announce that we are changing our search algorithm. Ha! Just kidding...I crack myself up! Actually we have been spending quality time the past 2 weeks tending to bugs and improvements on Bonanza, so your buyers (and our sellers) will have the best experience possible.
The following list is only a summary of recently completed tasks:
- Make eBay importer smarter for shipping, traits, and categories. Our importers are getting full programmer love because importing your listings properly will mean less work for you and a more accurate buying experience
- Make our category guesser and price guesser wicked smart
- Improve our background burner
- Enhance our CSV Importer
- Speed up and enhance search results page. Make search smarter about number queries
- Make it so that favorite booths are removed from your profile page when the favorite booth no longer exists
- Take multiple passes at shopping cart to ensure we are offering the most trouble free cart experience (also decreased checkout steps... (continued)
Since the beginning of Bonanza (then Bonanzle), providing a first class support experience has been a priority. Fortunately for us, we have a Founder/CEO who agrees and backs it up with every imaginable tool and resource that our support team desires (still waiting on the taco truck we requested a week ago!). We also have solid examples of world class customer support right here in the Pacific Northwest (Costco, Nordstroms, Starbucks, and Amazon) that we can draw on for examples on how to best serve our customers.
We receive about 10,000+ new opportunities (aka support requests) to interact with our customers every month. The majority of our requests are via email (Bonanza"Contact" page) but some are also via our Live Chat Support. We also receive requests via our numerous social networks (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc). That is quite a bit of opportunities to interact with our customers. Most of them are not "on the fence" customers or people who we have to convince to visit Bonanza, they are already here.
Having that sort of access to our customers is a prime opportunity to advertise our business. We may not be pushing specific services or items,... (continued)