x

Just letting you know...

With the launch of our new Community section, we're going to be downsizing our forums.
General will be removed in the next few weeks.

For more information on the changes to our Community pages, please see: New and Improved Community Section Now Live.

This is great opportunity for Bonanza.com

Subscribe to This is great opportunity for Bonanza.com 583 posts 130 voices

Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 >
Posted by AntiquesRGreat, Arlington Heights, Illinois. 15,934 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Mark & Bill this is the kind of advertising that would get us on the map. Perhaps Bill can contact the site to see what we have to do to participate this year.

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y11/m11/i07/s02

In order to get consumers more comfortable with last-minute gift-shopping online close to Christmas, Luke Knowles launched Free Shipping Day at http://www.freeshippingday.com/. Large retailers have embraced the concept since the site’s launch several years ago, including Nordstrom, Macy’s, Victoria’s Secret, Barnes & Noble and Lands’ End. Now small marketplace sellers can also use the site to promote their eBay and Etsy stores.

Knowles told AuctionBytes this is the first year that eBay Stores can participate in Free Shipping Day. “We’ve even created an eBay category for these sellers. There is no cost to sign up, so it’s basically a lot of free traffic,” he said.

During the 1-day promotion, participating merchants offer free shipping with delivery by Christmas Eve. This year, Free Shipping Day is scheduled for Friday, December 16. But shoppers also use the site all year round.

In 2008, 250 retailers participated in Free Shopping Day, and in 2010, over 1,750 merchants participated. Last year’s event generated $942 million in sales, representing the third-largest online shopping day in U.S. history and exceeding Black Friday’s earnings by nearly $300 million.

“Given the record-breaking success of 2010’s event, we fully expect to meet or exceed 2,000 merchants this year,” Knowles said.

booths participating can be found here:

http://www.freeshippingday.com/bonanza-com/

If you want to sign up you can do so here:
http://www.freeshippingday.com/merchant-sign-up/

Once your approved they will send you an email telling you your in.

They will pull your banner and put you in all the different categories you fit into plus you’ll also show up in the Bonanza category.

This is getting alot of press both in every format available take a look:

“Equally impressive is the media attention Free Shipping Day continues to attract. The event has been featured in every format – video, audio, print and online – by trend-setting outfits such as The New York Times, “O” Magazine, Woman’s Day, Fox News and dozens more. Along with national publications, hundreds of regional newspapers and broadcasts latched onto the day as a sensible, consumer-friendly way to fill holiday wish lists."

Important when signing up under website put in your URL not Bonanza’s url

There are 2 versions of your url example:

www.bonanza.com/AntiquesRGreat

www.bonanza.com/booths/AntiquesRGreat

If the one with “booths” doesn’t fit use the shorter one.

AntiquesRGreat

Posted by Rosenthal, Sunshine State, FL. 1,350 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Posted by bonanzamark, Seattle, WA. 3,564 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Thanks for that. We will reach out to them and see if we can get set up.

Testing

Posted by AntiquesRGreat, Arlington Heights, Illinois. 15,934 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Thanks Mark it be nice for Bonanza to get their piece of the $942 million in sales pie!

AntiquesRGreat

We have just spoken with freeshippingtoday.com and they have agreed to add Bonanza as a category as soon as they have 100+ of our merchants signed up. Here is a link to do so:

http://www.freeshippingday.com/merchant-sign-up/

Lets get out there and recruit as many sellers as we can to sign up. This is a win-win for us all.

Testing

Posted by SensualPleasures, Lorain, OH. 10,665 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Mark do you know if all items in our booth has to be included in this or can we just do certain items?

What I am wondering is could we set up a category for that day that has free shipping.

Posted by sevensistersbooks, VA. 1,275 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

I have just signed up and you are able to write in what you are offering free shipping on. Most of my items are already free shipping so for me it is a nonbrainer!! Very easy to sign up for! Cindy

@SensualPleasures, from their registration page:

Merchant Sign-up Form

Merchants that want to participate in Free Shipping Day can do so by filling out the form below. You can offer free shipping on all orders, or free shipping with restrictions. It’s up to you. In previous years merchants that offered free shipping on all orders received the bulk of the click throughs and sales.

Merchants must offer some form of free shipping on Friday, Dec. 16th, 2011 with delivery by Christmas Eve to participate.

Testing

Posted by SensualPleasures, Lorain, OH. 10,665 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Well I went over to sign up….they have a category for Etsy, ebay stores, etc. but nothing for Bonanza stores. This sorta sucks we do not have one for ourselves and must go under the other categories :(

@SensualPleasures, they are going to add a category for Bonanza but they need to have at least 100 merchants from Bonanza sign up. So be sure to include your Bonanza information when you do sign up and then tell all your friends

Testing

Mark is it ok if we keep a running number here on this thread as to whom is signed up there? If so…you can add me in on the list

btw…. I am telling all of my clients here at Bonanza to get in on this

Posted by yellowsand1964, Shafter, CA. 35,342 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

wow Mark and Bill that is the best news for these holiday season sales thanks both of you these is a great idea and we been changing all our items for free shipping wonderful news these Monday is awesome

yellowsand1964's booth

I’m signing up as soon as I get back from my therapy session(Tennis elbow). Thank again Mark for jumping on this so quickly.

AntiquesRGreat

Posted by NoelsNook, Northern , WI. 2,581 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Will sign up too, for now tweeting this to reach more Bonanza member

The Nostalgia Nook

That’s 5 of us on board we need 90 more.

AntiquesRGreat

Posted by yellowsand1964, Shafter, CA. 35,342 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

the link is the same at the top?

go my way to sign

yellowsand1964's booth

Posted by driver211, Brodhead, WI. 11,903 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Hey we can not do this without the Cheese! Signing up, hey Noels, how about those Packers! woo hoo. ok on my way to sign up…

Cheesehead's Choice

Posted by loristhisandthat, Colorado. 5,270 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Signing up also! Great Opportunity!!

Lori's This And That

Posted by JazzyBeads, San Diego , CA. 1,602 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Will Bonanza advise us when 100 sellers have signed up?

JazzyBeads

Posted by momspennies, Salisbury, NC . 26,820 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Unfortunately…this is not an easy task to assume for one day. Love the concept and yes, it will be a great promotion. But for a booth my size, it would be an impossible feat to change all my listings to Free Shipping for one day or even one week.

I believe it is not possible to change your listings to free shipping in bulk format, has that changed? Also, one would then have to revert all their items back to what they were originally after the promotion.

Unless I’m missing something, this is not an option I can take part in.

Moms Pennies From Heaven

Posted by NoelsNook, Northern , WI. 2,581 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Since it’s for only one day could you use batch editor and add a statement to your listings for Free shipping for purchases on the date. Maybe also set a listing for this offer to explain how to get the free shipping?
Just a thought

The Nostalgia Nook

Posted by RayvensRarities, In the middle of the state of, Oregon. 16,332 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Done
(I think)

RAYVEN'S RARITIES'

Posted by CindyBear, MHC, N Carolina. 8,028 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

kind of thinking the same thing…especially in my book booth…there is no wiggle room to offer free shipping which would have to be priority to get make sure get to destination by Dec 24th…some things I could and the large bears will definitely have to go UPS ground…other options are just too costly-in some cases more costly than the item

CindyBear's Den

Posted by adelberta3, Olympia, WA. 4,297 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Signed up thanks

Library of Treasures

Posted by momspennies, Salisbury, NC . 26,820 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

But there is no way to easily add a coupon or change all the listings. That’s the problem. If you sell jewelry and it usually ships for $4.00, it’s easy enough to create a coupon that will deduct that amount for all your items.

We’re talking 2600 items here of all different shapes, sizes and weights. If only the batch editor would allow a switch over to Free, and then revert to the original shipping mode and weight.

Moms Pennies From Heaven

Posted by selah55, Canada. 1,691 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

As a Canadian I say :(

selah55's booth

Posted by driver211, Brodhead, WI. 11,903 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Can we use batch edit and just put 0.00 for shipping?

Cheesehead's Choice

Probably, but then you’d have to go back and re-figure shipping for all of your items, wouldn’t you?

And what about international sales…ooohwee!

Moms Pennies From Heaven

Posted by decoratewithlace, Iroquois, South Dakota. 779 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Does free shipping mean all over the world or just the US?

I always do free shipping to the US & Canada.

decoratewithlace's booth

Posted by bogcandle, OR. 4,138 total posts | Posted over 2 years ago

Signed up!

I offer free shipping anyway so that’s the easy part. Most items I can ship on the same day as purchase, and if necessary I’ll pay for express mail to get it there by Christmas eve because it seems like a good promo.

Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 >