Find Help Topic
Everybody Wants to Know
All the basics
The skinny on selling
How to make an offer and more
Various topics that don't fit into the above categories
Q&A-style repository for your most advanced questions
Quick videos on using Bonanza
The Lawyers Told Us So
Everybody loves rules!
Secret agents! Everywhere!
Talk to Us
It's been so long since we last spoke
|Suggest an Item Trait|
Help build the item category catalog
|Report a Bug|
Find something wrong? Let us know!
|Request a Feature|
What's your great idea?
Topic: Buying Topics
Order Items Were Not as Described
Here is the step-by-step process to resolve situations where the items you received were significantly different than those that you ordered.
- Double check the listing. Sellers can not edit listing text after an item has sold, so what you see will show exactly how the item was described as prior to buying it. Is it significantly different than the item(s) you received?
- Email the seller, and make sure they can reach you. Every purchase you make on Bonanza has a link to contact the seller. Using this link will allow you to inquire directly with the seller to clarify whether they were aware of the differences between what was described and what was shipped. Most sellers are happy to negotiate a suitable compromise to make you happy, so long as you'll reflect their efforts in the feedback you leave.
- Open a case in the Order Resolution Center. If the seller has not responded to your emails, or if you can not come to an agreement on what constitutes a fair resolution to your problem, you can use the Order Resolution Center to mediate your dispute. Once a case has been submitted in the Order Resolution Center, Bonanza's support team can consider evidence from buyer and seller and attempt to help the parties reach a compromise that is fair for both.
- Leave feedback. Leave honest feedback about your transaction, so future members can learn from your experience. If the seller has made an earnest effort to make the order right after hearing your concern, that should be reflected in your assessment.
How does the Order Resolution Center Work?
If your item has arrived significantly not as described, and your attempts to contact the seller have failed, you can open a case against them in the Order Resolution Center. When a seller has a case opened against them, they can choose from the following options to resolve your issue:
- Offer a partial refund. With your consent, a seller can elect to offer you a partial refund of the purchase price of the order while you keep the received item(s).
- Provide a refund. Sellers can opt to provide you a full refund in exchange for returning the item(s).
- Send you replacement item(s). With your consent, sellers can opt to send you replacement item(s) to assure your satisfaction.
Getting Your Transaction Refunded
If you're given a refund, you'll usually receive it through the same payment method that you used to pay for the item. After the seller offers you a refund, we will check back with you to confirm that you received it.
A full refund is one that covers the cost of the item and original shipping. If you've received an item and want a full refund, you'll usually need to send the item back to the seller. Buyers are responsible for paying return shipping unless the buyer and seller have reached a different agreement.
File a Claim With Paypal
If you purchased your item(s) through Paypal, you can file a claim for refund by clicking here. You have a maximum of 45 days from your date of purchase to open your claim.
File a Claim with Google Checkout
If you purchased your item(s) through Google Checkout, you can file a claim for refund by clicking here. You have a maximum of 90 days from your date of purchase to open your claim.
If you haven't received an item, you can open a case 14 days after the order was purchased. If you received an item and it doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case right away. You must open a case within 45 days of the end of the listing.
The seller has 7 days from the time you open the case to reply.
You should receive a refund within 3 days of the seller promising a refund, or within 10 days of the seller receiving the returned item. If you haven't received a refund by then, please email our Order Resolution department at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll work with the seller to provide you a refund