Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Sept 10 2018 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Sept 10 2018 ► ► ► 26 posts 3 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,248 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
BookRush
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Hottytoddy40zoo
Joyce72747

KathysCreations

LoveCrafting
masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

rbee

Reksplace36
sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
VintageSpecialties

wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

?? ??? ???

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,248 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

ADVENTURES ARE BEST WHEN YOU’RE
WITH A BEST FRIEND

A3, B2, D2, E8, F, H2, I2, N3, O, R4,
S3, T4, U2, V, W2, Y

Players

Bette Received
Carolyn Received

I will work on a new game phrase today.

Yesterday was interesting.

• When I got home from work, I went to let the kittens have some play time. Running out the door so darn fast and then a quick stop, looking around, and then again to run in a new direction.
  • I went out in the yard to pick up stick and such from the past storm. Checked on the kittens and they were playing in the bushes by the road. Chased them back to the garage.
  • More yard work. Checked on the kittens. COULDN’T find them. Walked around. No kittens.
    Then Mew, Mew, Mew.
    I looked down at the road in the culver, along the bushes in front of the house, back to the bushes on the other side of the driveway.
    Still could hear, Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew Mew
    . I look up and in the tree are the 2 boys. No girls.
    Grrrrrrrrrrr
    I grabbed a 12 foot boards and the tallest step ladder and angled the board against a branch down to the ladder. The boys were on 2 different branches above, but within 2 feet of the branch with the board. (You would think they would understand what to do) Then the girl kitten comes out of no where and tries to climb the tree. I quick grab her and put her in the garage) She didn’t like that. (yes, I am scratched up)
    I got Dottie and she would cry out but just sat there meowing and the boys meowed back.
  • So I took down the board and ladder and got the extension ladder. (Where in the heck did my arm muscles go? ) Got the ladder in place. The boys looked and was a bit curious. I waited to see if they might come down on their own. During this time, a commotion was going on in the garage. I see the little girl in the door window screaming at me: I WANT OUT NOW.
  • Back to the boys.
    I went up the ladder and the dirty nose boy came a bit closer. I figure since I was able to pet him, he would be the first to be brought down and the other will know it’s a good thing. Sure enough, I grabbed him and then decided to grab him by the back of the neck so that I can get back down to the ground. I dropped him about 2 feet off the ground and Dottie was there. I saw Alfalfa watching. I went back up and tapped on the tree for a while to try to get him down 2 branches. Went down the ladder and watched. He did finally manage to get down the branches. I went back up and talked with him. He moved almost the right position to grab him by the back of the neck. He really didn’t fight much and got him to the ground and Dottie greeted him.
  • Took the board and step ladder back to the garage. Let the little girl out. Dotties and the kittens moved to the garage. I went back got the extension ladder and put that back.
  • Finally sat in the grass to watch the kittens. Dirty Nose came running to me and laid in front. Petted him and he even exposed his belly to me. He walked around me and laid down and just wanted to be petted. Woooo Hoo!
  • It was getting to late and need to feed the family and put them in the garage for the night.

Today, we will see what the 2 boys reaction will be.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,256 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Personally, Bette, I prefer a more boring life!

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,274 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

What an adventure! You didn’t have anything else planned to do yesterday anyway, right? ;) Spent the entire day yesterday studying the chapter on respiratory emergencies and started into the shock chapter. Today in class we learned about airways, how to insert them and practiced on some mannequins. Have to get four more chapters done this weekend as my non class days next week have other commitments.

Abrafox's booth

WITH A BEST FRIEND

S3, T4, U2, V, W2, Y

I have no ideal how I came up with this phrase. ;-D

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,274 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Great phrase Bette! Everything is more fun, or less bad (if that is the circumstanace) with a good friend!

Abrafox's booth

Even though I am not currently driving, I am taking the NYS Defensive Driving course on the internet.

It gives me a decent discount on my insurance, which is nice – and – if I were collecting points on my driver’s license (which I never have) it would reduce my points.

in the past, I’ve taken it every 3 years in person, and it was incredibly boring – just one of those things you suffer through, and they let you out early.

Actually, the computerized program is pretty interesting. Very time consuming.

You are timed, and heaven help you if you try to speed through; it won’t let you.

You have to keep checking in by phone; they have a voice identification system so nobody can take your test for you, and a new password for every segment of the training, too.

Probably that’s the norm these days for all internet courses; I’ve never taken one before, so I don’t know.

There’s a quiz after each segment. If you don’t get them all right; you have to keep taking the test till you get it right.

Interesting.

This week’s game phrase is:

WITH A BEST FRIEND

S3, T4, U2, V, W2, Y

Breezy and chilly today. Worn layers with the chill in the air.

Managed to week and cut back 10 gardens today. I can’t believe how many snapdragons I have AND they are about ready to reseed themselves. Next year will be even more snapdragons.

The kittens were out and running. Dirty Nose Ned loves me. He runs up to me and even purrs for petting. Still working on Alfalfa. He is interested and after saving him from the dreaded tree yesterday, made him more curious about me. Soon.

Hopefully, I can work out in the garden tomorrow and weed some more and possibly move some irises.

Looks like another chilly and windy day.

Going out to get some more gardening done and get the kittens fed.

Hot, but not too hot here, and still dry. Got about a dozen drops the other day. I need you to do my flowerbeds Bette! They are reaching the critical stage. I probably won’t get to them till spring.

Carolyn, we take all our quizzes, tests, and do our assignments all on the computer. It marks me as old, but I prefer to do stuff on paper. I downloaded the audio chapters on a thumb drive so I could listen in the car (yep, spend a lot of time in the car) and there is no chapter 13. The title says chapter 13 but the narrator says chapter 14.

Abrafox's booth

WITH A BEST FRIEND

S3, T4, U2, V, W2, Y

Charlotte, Maybe your book is based on the same theory of not having a 13th floor. Most buildings go 12th to 14th floor because of being unlucky, or the 13th floor could be labeled “M”. (Latin for 13) Do you have a chapter “M”.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Dirty Nose Ned does love me. He will come running to me while outside and wants to be rubbed.
I was playing with the kittens in the garage doorway when I heard Dottie coming from the back. She came running forward and I saw she had a live chipmunk. I got the kittens in the garage and closed the door. I figure Dottie has a teaching moment with that chippy.

I got 2 more gardens done and working on the long one that’s along the hay field. I need to collect the snap dragon seeds and the cathedral bell seeds. Today, I will see if I can get the lawn mower to do it’s thing.

Chapter 13 probably is bad luck. It is on vascular access, the subject I hate most, at least the practicing on each other part. I really dislike sticking others and my poor hand is still all bruised from last time and my elbows still need time to heal. The instructor said we are all going to look like drug drug addicts before we are done.

Abrafox's booth

WITH A BEST FRIEND

S3, T4, U2, V, W2, Y

Did some more weeding of the big garden, separated bulbs and replanted, and moved some of the plants around. I did get some mowing done. Half the yard is mowed and raked. After work, tomorrow, I hope to get more done. I played with the mower by cleaning under the deck, and played with the wired under the seat that controls the deck. We will see if it keeps working.

Tonight, I spotted a black and white cat at the feeding station. What a beauty and looks like a young one. He/She better not get any thoughts about being here.

I was hoping to finish another letter, but I’m a bit tired.

My brother and his wife moved to North Carolina, to be near their daughter and son-in-law. They’re all right in the middle of Hurricane Florence, category 4 hurricane.

Two of their 3 sons with families remain in Florida which is subject to hurricanes and tornadoes.

Give me the cold, the snow and the ice anytime!

I finished my Defensive Driving on-line course tonight – just one more thing to cross off my list. Time-consuming, but interesting. Also a significant discount on automobile insurance. I don’t have any points on my driver’s license, but if I did, it would take 2 or maybe 3 points off.

Only cost me $24.99 for the course, which isn’t bad at all. Benefit lasts 3 years.

Bette, at one time, we had 3 out-of-door cats. We really wanted to bring them all into the house, but only one agreed to live with us – that was Mittens I, as opposed to a later Mittens II. She lived to be 21 years old.

There was another one in the litter that I almost domesticated, but he refused absolutely to come into the house. Every day, though, he very kindly brought me a dead animal – a mouse, a vole, a little bird – whatever. My Mighty Hunter with a gift for the poor weak woman incapable of catching her own food…….And then, he disappeared. The third one, a real cute little girl we called Snowball, was adopted to a neighboring woman, and they lived happily ever after.

I really miss having cats. Sniff, sniff, sniffle.

WITH A BEST FRIEND

S3, T4, U2, V, W2, Y

Word lists are due WEDNESDAY NIGHT

I thought I could mow and the lawn mower acted up. Then I notice a bit of oil and I think there is a bad gasket. Try calling the repair guy, but no answer/ no answer machine set up. I have a funny feeling that he left the phone off the hook and forgot to hang it up. Grrrrrrrr. Hopefully tomorrow, I can get him to pick it up.

I have part of the yard mowed from the other day, so hopefully I can set up some plastic on the lawn and a blanket to work on some more clothing to be listed.

Word lists are due TONIGHT

I think I sent in my list during the night.

Yes Carolyn, I have your word list.

I tried calling the lawn mower guy the past couple days. No answering machine. Grrr
So I went over to his shop. It’s closed and no sign or note. I wonder if he is still on vacation from last month and taking a loooooonnnnggg vacation.

I guess I will ask the neighbors who they have to repair their mowers. I know that one in Waterford is expensive and I wasn’t happy with them and I heard the one in the Village of East Troy is So-So. He prefers selling the machines and farms out the work.

Game stats

WITH A BEST FRIEND

2 Total players
1000 Total words from the players
500 Average word lists

We both did 5+ letter words. 507 words and 526 words.

Game stats above. Will be starting the new game thread in a day.

Yesterday, I went to a thrift shop that I use to go every week, sometimes more. Since the new management and change of the personable people, I have been at this shop 8 times this year. (It would of been about 34 to 40 times by now). They were running a special of 50% crafts and picked up some upholstery fabrics for purses. I went over to the kids store and noticed that the baby afghans for 50 cents. Found a really soft and some what larger. I found a nice box and place the blanket in the box. Dottie and the kittens were all sleeping in that blanket box. I think I need to look for a bit bigger box for them.

We found prom dresses at the thrift store. There was one Diana liked but it was the wrong size. :(

Abrafox's booth

Wouldn’t you think, Bette, that – given the fact they are in the business of making money for whatever their particular cause it – they would value frequent business and the amount of money you spent there. I would think they would really look forward to having someone who spends so much time and money in their establishment!

I’ll bet that the prior workers actually kind of “put things aside for you to look at,” because they valued you, and knew your taste.

What a bummer for you. What a loss for them.

I will get the new thread later today.

Carolyn, This thrift shop helps the handicapped, which I haven’t notice work in the shops like they did before. I wonder because the of the good workers being gone, that the new ones don’t want to guide and help the handicapped ones.

The prior workers were good to everyone. The new ones baring raised their heads and great you. It’s like those that work in customer service that hate to be around people, then why work with the public and find something that you don’t have to interact with the public.

I have the neighbors that will come over and mow my lawn. It’s funny the husband is worried about spraying the gardens with grass and I told them don’t worry about it. I brought a spare Yucca plant over there and she was showing me her gardens that got away. The family does a lot with the county fair and they also show cattle. So, it’s been hectic for them this past month.

. . . . . . .

This past week, I have sent notices to Bonanza about the “new members” that caught my eye. One of them had Marijuana plant avatar and was selling it. Today, I went to the forums and a new member (female) barely had anything on with legs wide open.
I don’t understand why, since Bonanza now has 50 employees, that they can’t take that days or weeks new member and quick look over their accounts and see what they sell or the avatars?

Thanks for hosting Bette!

Abrafox's booth
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »