Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ April 15 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ April 15 2019 ► ► ► 31 posts 10 voices

Page
1 2 >
Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,522 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,522 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

I SURVIVED BECAUSE THE FIRE INSIDE ME BURNED
BRIGHTER THAN THE FIRE AROUND ME

A3, B3, C, D4, E12, F2, G, H4, I7, M2, N4,
O, R7, S3, T4, U4, V2

PLAYERS
Bette Received
Joyce
Carolyn Recieved
Selah Received
Emily Received

New game phrase is posted.

Today, they had the tornado warning system testing on TV. Alfalfa was laying in front of the TV when the testing started. This is the first time that there is a different sound and Alfalfa got up, started at the TV and wondering what the heck it was screaming.

Gloomy and very windy day with lots of chill in the air.

Posted by WonderWoman, UT. 243 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

It was a snow globe here again today, flakes of snow drifting down most of the day but warm enough to melt on the ground.

Thanks for hosting Bette!

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,484 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Okay, here are my first 20 words (and a couple of spares!) – enjoy!

tattered
teething
termite
testament
determine
decent
discrete
demeanor
debutante
dervish
staged
stamina
standard
resident
remission
narrative
narration
aberration
embroider
anemic
contrast
imposture

Some of My Favorite Things

This week’s game phrase is:

O, R7, S3, T4, U4, V2

The sun is out but still chilly outside.
Getting items out to see if I can list some more items on eBay.

I like this quote:

Thought for today: happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.

Posted by selah55, Canada. 1,695 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Hi guys

I’m having problems this week. I decided to make my list with only words starting in ‘e’ [as I went through a,b,c and d already]… I’m constantly wishing for the use of letters i,l and y which aren’t a part of the allotted letters.

I’m getting close and I’m determined to not give up but boy it’s a challenge! Too bad I don’t have a dictionary LOL

so….. I guess I’m happy LOL [reading the quote above]

selah55's booth

Will any of these help?

171. eagerness
172. earnest
173. earring
174. educate
175. educated
176. education
177. caution
178. effective
179. efficient
180. effusion
181. egress
182. embargo
183. embrace
184. embroider
185. embroidered
186. emergent
187. eminence
188. encourage
189. encouragement
190. endearing
191. energetic
192. enervation
193. engine
194. engineer
195. enrichment
196. ensign
197. ensure
198. entice
199. entire
200. enumeration
201. eraser
202. erasure
203. erection
204. eroded
205. errand
206. error
207. essence
208. esteem
209. esteemed
210. estimation
211. evacuate
212. evacuation
213. evasion
214. evasive
215. evidence
216. evident

This week’s game phrase is:

O, R7, S3, T4, U4, V2

Carolyn, I saw you have #203
But not
Erotic(a)

LOL

Yeah – I don’t have erotica, either!!!! Ah, well……..

I’m more into exotic, and exotica as in plants..

Posted by selah54, Regina, Canada. 9,657 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Thanks so much guys :)
After posting I went though my list again and thought of a ton more to add [mostly because I erroneously thought I couldn’t use the letter i {i/I vs l/L} duh
But I did add about 8 or so of your words…. thanks bunches :D

sending my list now

selah54's booth

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,282 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Whoa!!! What a great list, Carolyn!

Selah!!! Doesn’t your computer have a dictionary inside it? Most do, hon!

This week’s phrase is:
I SURVIVED BECAUSE THE FIRE INSIDE ME BURNED BRIGHTER THAN THE FIRE AROUND ME
O, R7, S3, T4, U4, V2

Bette ~ Thanks for Hosting once again!!!

I’m fighting another sudden edema incidents in both legs. . .from my toes to the top of my thighs, I am extremely swollen up…so I guess I’ll be calling for a doctor to come see me ASAP, as I don’t have any more Forisimide…but I do have some ‘’natural capsules’’ I need to start taking 1x a day, again.
I will also have hubby buy some grapefruit juice tomorrow when he goes shopping for us for the week.

Take Care, everyone. . .
I’m still -but very slowly now, working paper. . .thanks for your patience with me “C”
. . .

Leo’s been limping, we are pretty sure it’s his arthritis acting up again, so he’ll be going on an ‘’all natural’’ anti-arthritic pill tomorrow!

Happy Sunday! Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,634 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Like Carolyn, I really like the phrase.
I also like the quote of the day Carolyn shared.

Selah, personal challenges make our brain exercise perfect for each of us to work with.

As far as kitties paying attention to TV….
Beau is usually in the room when we are watching TV but yesterday he was actually WATCHING it with us. No doubt. He even got up on the cabinet below the TV, sat and looked yup to watch everything. We were watching a feline documentary telling how house cats evolved from 10,000’s of years ago. Not sure what he was thinking but it sure held his interest Cats are amazing creatures.

Happy Sunday

We once had a cat who watched birds on the tv. I mean, she REALLY REALLY watched birds.

she’d climb up on top, then get behind the screen, convinced that she’d be able to get in there and capture at least one of them

Never happened…..

She was the cat who used to wait patiently for the gerbil who would sneak out if his cage, catch him very carefully by the neck, and bring him back to me so I could put him back where he belonged!

So far as animals’ intelligence is concerned, let me share this story about my sister-in—law.

She told me once, that she used to watch birds sitting on telephone and electric wires.

Then, she said, another bird would come along, and they’ll all fly off and follow him,

She said it was as if the new bird was telling them it was time to go – wherever he was headed, and off they’d fly!

Well, people laughed at her.

….Only thing is, an animal expert conducted a study that came to the same conclusion. That was exactly what was happening!

She was very good though – she never stuck our her tongue and said, “nyeh, nyeh, I TOLD you so.”

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,448 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Another drizzly day here, but still pretty as everything is turning green. Went with the family to see Shazam last night. Wonderful actors, especially the main actor, and cute story, but the excessive violence and swearing spoiled an otherwise wonderful movie.

Dee, I don’t know if this will help your edema or not, but….. back in the early 1960’s, I taught with a woman who and been born and bred in Texas.

When she became pregnant, she suffered terribly from edema.

The doctor in Texas told her to drink lots and lots of watermelon juice – apparently, you could buy in already “squozed” of of the fruit there.

Worked very well for her.

Certainly, except for the fact that it does have calories – not an awful lot of them, though, it worked for her……..

Have you ever heard of that?

Posted by selah52, Canada. 265 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Dee – will send a little prayer your way.

I don’t think I have a dictionary on my computer…. I’ve never seen one, although I’ve never gone hunting for one either. I confess I’m one of those “if it’s not on the first page of google results it doesn’t exist” people.

Speaking of animals and tv… I had a dog who LOVED animal movies. One of her favorites was the old original Disney movie “The Incredible Journey” – she would only take her eyes off it for split second to whip her head around to look at me as if to say “did you see THAT?” and then right back to staring at the screen. She watched it so many times that it became apparent that she had the whole thing memorized as she would start to shake and cry a minute or so before the cat fell in the water and was washed away. It REALLY upset her! The stupid thing though…. is if she could remember that the cat was going to fall in the river….. why couldn’t she remember that the cat survived and it was all ok in the end. LOL

selah52's booth

This week’s phrase is:

O, R7, S3, T4, U4, V2

• “So far as animals’ intelligence is concerned, let me share this story about my sister-in—law.”
    Carolyn, I had to re-read this sentence and started to laugh.

Dee: Watermelon, grapes, cucumbers and tomatoes are suppose to reduce water retention. I made a special buy on grapes and I visit the bathroom way toooooo many times.

OK. There was green grass this morning. In an hour, the grass is covered and it is still snowing hard.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,448 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Three quarters of an inch of rain just since midnight. So sorry to hear about the edema, Dee. I wish I knew something that would help!
Selah, our chickens like to watch tv too, and they have a preference in music. They like more upbeat music better than classical.
Still snowing, Bette? The rain and snow doesn’t slow down the weeds, but prevents me from doing yard work. :(
Cute gif, Joyce, I think that is what pets really do when no one is watching!

Three quarters of an inch of rain already today. One of our ski resorts received 52 FEET of snow this winter! We’ve never had any problems with water in the basement but I keep checking the sump pump anyway, just to be on the safe side. Busy day today, need to make bread, study, and swap out all the batteries in our self contain breathing apparatus to make sure everything is in tip top shape.

Still time to play. This week’s game phrase is:

O, R7, S3, T4, U4, V2

Woke up to a terrible cat race last night.

• The cats are scattering and little girl wouldn’t be seen.
  • I finally saw her come around quickly and she had something red on her. I had to go into the kitchen and I see all these crumpled up paper (from the lint roller) all over and then I see a small paper bag with handles ripped.
  • Then I see the little girl and realize, she got herself stuck in the handle of the bag and the bag came with her and scare the crappers out of her and the rest of the cats, that she ran all over when she was able to tear the handle that her body got stuck in.
  • I finally got a hold of her and took the scissors to cut the handle off.

It reminds of the time that I left for Minnesota and when I got home ChloeE Marie was walking funny and I see that a piece of paper was stuck into her body.
I was so scared and upset. But when I caught her, I saw it was a handle off a paper bag.
I actually thought the paper was cut into her body the first time to see that.

This week’s phrase is:

O, R7, S3, T4, U4, V2

Word lists are due tonight.

Gloomy and wants to rain. Try to get some more items ready to list. Yesterday, I was able to take some more pictures.

It is never boring with all the kitties! So glad Little Girl wasn’t injured!
Sunny day today! Yippee! Fire meeting is tonight and I am teaching about self contained breathing apparatus. Going to divide into two teams and have them race to see how fast they can correctly get their gear on and if we have enough time we will do a simulated car fire in full gear and on air.
Is everyone exercising their brains?

Back in the day when I was a journalist. My county had a mock disaster drill staged at a stock car race track. Various vehicles smashed into the bleachers, causing great damage.

I knew about this ahead of time, because I was invited to cover it.

Wow!

Everybody got into the act.

There’s a company right near us called Simulaids that manufacturer severed limbs and organs, lots of fake blood and other related stuff for disaster preparedness.

Scouts were really eager to participate.

They knew, but emergency personnel school, staff and hospitals did not know. Radio didn’t know either.

So, here we are in panic mode.

The kids were great. They really got into it. Off to the hospital. Bleeding and with severed limbs. The patients in the ER were there because they actually had injuries – like the guy who had been attacked by his power mower.

They took one look at our “patients” and said – Never mind, I’ll come back later.

Staff pulled them off their stretchers – they had never seen so many injured people with 3 or four arms, and missing bits and pieces, all covered with blood.

They were in a state of shock – the staff, I mean.

Actually, they all did very well, but I gotta’ tell you, we never repeated a disaster drill quite so realistic again!!!!

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,627 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Good luck on your teaching tonight, Charlotte! I hope there WILL be enough time for the simulation exercise…sounds exciting! Not quite as scary as the drill Carolyn spoke of, but I’m sure you all would have fun putting out the fire.

I was able to make a list this week, so have sent it to Bette. Hope she has time to check her bmails considering her hands are rather full with those monkeys of hers! Glad the Little Girl is okay!

mrsdinkerson's

Game Stats

4 Total Players
1649 Total words from all players
412 Average word lists

Selah’s list all started with “E’s”
We had 5+ and 6+ letter words

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,634 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

dang! I was out most of the day abnd simply forgot to send my list until just now.
I did exercise my brain and feel glad I did.

Happy Wednesday, friends.

Great stats, players

Page
1 2 >